[How To] Installing Gingerbread on D2 with Root!

freddyfromutah

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Lovin' Gingerbread so far! I came from Squidly, back to stock, and now Gingerbread. Super snappy, more responsive! I am bummed about the wifi tethering (if anyone has a fix, do share!) but I'll probably stick with this for a while.

Tribrow

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So I recently used this guide to take my D2 from stock to Gingerbread and for the most part I like it. However I used Handcent SMS before the upgrade and really liked the ability to reply in the notification pop up it has, but I can't figure out how to disable the default text notification in Gingerbread. So now every text I get I have 2 notification icons, 2 pop ups (the default one pops up over the Handcent one which is more frustrating), and 2 sounds that play. Anyone know how I might be able to fix this? Maybe it's easy to disable the default notifications and I'm just too stupid to figure it out?

Tribrow

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
From the Handcent FAQ FAQ

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Wow I'm stupid. Just realized that it wasn't the default text notification, it was another app I had downloaded a long time ago similar to Handcent. It must have been gotten restored from my backup and I had completely forgotten about it ever existing. Well, problem solved, thanks for the help.

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Can ne help with the step by step rooting like if I need to do it on a computer or can I do by my phone n I was also asking if the gingerbread would work on the D2G wit android version 2.2 n syste, version 2.4.330

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Can ne help with the step by step rooting like if I need to do it on a computer or can I do by my phone n I was also asking if the gingerbread would work on the D2G wit android version 2.2 n syste, version 2.4.330

the gingerbread build is for the Droid 2 A955 only not the Droid 2 Global A956. I don't recommend trying it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How many Droid2's have been sold vs the Droid2 Global. I mean the D2G came pretty quickly and replaced it so it would seem like there should be more D2G out there, or at least a GB SBF file somewhere. Is there nothing out there?

I am trying to decide whether to wait for the D3, get the DX2 or get a D2G and just move on temporarily.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
How many Droid2's have been sold vs the Droid2 Global. I mean the D2G came pretty quickly and replaced it so it would seem like there should be more D2G out there, or at least a GB SBF file somewhere. Is there nothing out there?

I am trying to decide whether to wait for the D3, get the DX2 or get a D2G and just move on temporarily.

What do you mean move on temporarily? The DX2 comes out towards the end of the month. D3 who knows? Original D2 came out August 12th, and the Original Droid came out the November before. I would guess the D3 would come out towards the end of the summer again but who really knows? I guess it just depends on how long you can stick with the phone you have now and how patient you want to be for the next hottest phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty