How to SBF back to stock

nubee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
First off, THANKS for the guide.

Now for my questions.
Because my phone is not displaying the menu buttons, I can't get set turn on debugging mode in PC mode. (1) Does my phone need to be in debug mode to flash successfully?

I also tried to enter bootloader by way of the power/up button. The phone just shows the Moto Logo. RSD shows connected. (2) Am I good to load the SBF?
How do I exit this mode? None of the buttons worked and only way to get the phone to respond again was battery removal.

(3) Lastly, RSD showed different phone data when connected in PC mode and power/up button. Is this normal? Is there a better/preferred way to flash?

Thanks.

nubee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
"10) your device may bootloop continuously when RSDlite finishes, if so you?ll need to wipe data and cache."

So how do you know when its done?

nubee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
another question, i clicked the link for droid 2 sbf file, but it shows the following: Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip

can you please confirm its correct. Thanks.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
"10) your device may bootloop continuously when RSDlite finishes, if so you?ll need to wipe data and cache."

So how do you know when its done?

if you don't have to wipe data and cache then it will just say complete. Occasionally it will hang at rebooting the device after reaching 99%. In which case you can disconnect and just do a battery bull and a wipe data and cache through the recovery image.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
First off, THANKS for the guide.

Now for my questions.
Because my phone is not displaying the menu buttons, I can't get set turn on debugging mode in PC mode. (1) Does my phone need to be in debug mode to flash successfully?
If you're phone is not in USB debugging thats fine, just open up to the bootloader (power and up arrow on keyboard) and then try RSDlite.

I also tried to enter bootloader by way of the power/up button. The phone just shows the Moto Logo. RSD shows connected. (2) Am I good to load the SBF? How do I exit this mode? None of the buttons worked and only way to get the phone to respond again was battery removal.
I would use the other method to actually enter the bootloader. It will be a black screen with some white lettering.
(3) Lastly, RSD showed different phone data when connected in PC mode and power/up button. Is this normal? Is there a better/preferred way to flash?

Thanks.
If you downloaded the right files then you should be fine. RSDlite will say the the SBF has all sorts of weird things like 4G and whatnot, but the monster_2.3.2 will work on the D2

nubee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
this is correct

I looked carefully inside Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip and there is no .sbf file. There are no files that RSD can open. What am I doing wrong?

Am I suppose to use RSD or just rename that folder to update.zip and do an update?

sorry for all the questions, but the information does not seem straight forward.

thanks again for all the help.

Also found this, should I use this instead?

found this
link to Verizon A955 2.3.20.zip

Last edited:

mhansaq

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone has any advised on how to unlock Motorola Droid 2 Global. I bought it from Amazon full price but I am in canada.
I can not use the phone and was wondering if there is any work around. New to the Droid.
thanks
k_hundred@yahoo.com

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I looked carefully inside Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip and there is no .sbf file. There are no files that RSD can open. What am I doing wrong?

Am I suppose to use RSD or just rename that folder to update.zip and do an update?

sorry for all the questions, but the information does not seem straight forward.

thanks again for all the help.

Also found this, should I use this instead?

found this
link to Verizon A955 2.3.20.zip

the monster_2.3.2 file you downloaded should be a .zip folder then you extract it . once you have done that open the new folder and there should be a .sbf file in it. I haven't done this in a while so i ma be wrong though. let me know how it works.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I just fixed the link. somehow they got switched to th wrong file. try again. this will be a .zip folder that you extract to obtain the .SBF file

thekid4770

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have two problems, I made it to step 10 but I can't get it to stop bootlooping so I can wipe data and cache. And what does bull battery means

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
if its bootlooping, then disconnect your device from your computer and remove the battery. as you turn it back on, hold power and volume up i believe to open into the stock recovery. then push both volume keys simultaneously to make the text viewable. then select wipe data and cache. and follow the instructions.

imjarhed

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm not panicing yet!!! I get all the way to loading RAM downloader for bootloader and it fails. Pulling battery brings me back to the bootloader screen. Bootloader screen says code corrupt, Battery OK, OK to program, Connect USB Data Cable. Please help before I start to panic...

thekid4770

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank's for the help, I'm back to stock. But for my droid 2, I had to hold down power and x on my keyboard, then press the search key on on the keyboard.

Last edited:

imjarhed

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So now I'm starting to panic! I tried downloaded the SBF again and tried it. Got to same point. Guess what happened next? Battery died and I'm sitting at bootloader with it telling me that I have corrupt code and low battery that does not have enuff charge to program... suggestions? Cuz as everyone knows the phone does not charge in bootloader.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
So now I'm starting to panic! I tried downloaded the SBF again and tried it. Got to same point. Guess what happened next? Battery died and I'm sitting at bootloader with it telling me that I have corrupt code and low battery that does not have enuff charge to program... suggestions? Cuz as everyone knows the phone does not charge in bootloader.
do you know anyone with a motorola android device? they could charge you up. or you could buy a battery charger off ebay for about 3 dollars.

Reactions: chaoschink

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae