Ok so I'm sure its been asked a million times but I get confused since most responses are never cut and dry for me. (Please don't over-explain lol). I have rom'd Fission already (it was nice but not a major play-toy for me),and would like to try other roms. Now 13th Angel was kind enough to explain things to me a bit. But I would like to use Rubix or Liberty, or even Apex. He stated that the D2G will run them but without sensor support. Is this true? If not where and what roms can the D2G use (no bugs please)? And if not why? And is the D2G going to continue to be a complete lost cause? It would be a shame being as it's one of the most powerful devices out. Sorry if my question is lengthy and annoying, I just expain in detail to make answering easier. Any help is greatly appreciated as always from the forums!!!
    04-17-2011 03:06 PM
    the D2G can run any ROM designed for the D2 on android 2.2 as long as you also use the GIT-R-DONE ROM fixer. What it does is take a D2 ROM and swap out all the needed files for a D2G. (RADIO's and such...). The D2G is not a lost cause, it just isn't what motorola seems to be working on first. they seem to be doing their CDMA devices and then the CDMA + GSM (makes sense to me CDMA + GSM is more complicated).
    04-18-2011 08:03 AM
    Well with that said (just as a side question) what does that mean of the Global devices going forward such as the Inc 2 and what not? And regarding the GRD Romer does it fix all the sensor issues that would come of using those roms besides Fission? Any and all help is greatly appreciated as always.
    04-18-2011 09:38 AM
    I honestly cant tell you about whether the GTD ROM fixer will help because i don't have a D2G only a D2. But The DInc 2 is a HTC device and they may/will operate differently than Motorola.
    04-18-2011 02:55 PM
    Well with that said (just as a side question) what does that mean of the Global devices going forward such as the Inc 2 and what not? And regarding the GRD Romer does it fix all the sensor issues that would come of using those roms besides Fission? Any and all help is greatly appreciated as always.
    Romer works the best with Liberty from what I have read, they team GRD has a pretty good list of known issues. I wouldn't worry too much about the newer global devices. This is mostly needed because the stock roms for the D2G, DX, and D2 are very similar to each other.
    04-19-2011 09:01 AM
    I downloaded FRM lite onto my phone (D2G). Opening that, I clicked on Fission 2.4.3. Added it to install queue. I have it set to create backup before install. Do I just install fission now? What else do I have to do? How will I know it is installed?
    06-09-2011 05:42 PM