I am really new at the rooting thing. I knew very little bout it I have a droid 2 global n I would like to root it I'm looking for longer batter life n faster movement not there is nothing wrong wit it now I also wanna do a lil more wit the homescreens I'm running launcher pro senses right now n I'm not like it to much however I do like launcher pro so if anyone can help I would need step by step on what to do n the best ways to do it and the progarms n all that other fun stuffn and if it helps ne I have system verison2.4.330 and droid verison 2.2
    04-24-2011 12:07 PM
    Try the XDA forums. They have some detailed guides for gaining root for the D2G . Z4root is what worked for me but there are very few Roms available that don't have major bugs to them, look for Fission roms. Also read around all the forums to make sure you know why you are rooting and the risks you are taking. There is an excellent section on rooting available at the top of the androidcentral pages. I am also new to all this but have learned a lot from reading. Good luck.
    05-01-2011 12:11 AM
    follow the stickied threads exactly:
    How to root your D2G
    How to backup your rooted D2G just to be safe.
    05-02-2011 08:41 AM
    I used z4 root
    It's an application you download to your phone that roots in one click.
    It's the simplest method i've found.
    Google 'z4root' to find the .apk

Some people have problems with z4 root not working properly, just reboot your phone if it doesn't work the first time and it should then work correctly. That's what I did.
    05-31-2011 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD