Well I just got my otterbox commuter case in the mail today for my Droid 3 and I have to say I'm pretty darn impressed. This feels great, goes on easily and securely and best of all it doesn't scrap across the keys on the keyboard. I like the black, I'm not into flashy cases. it feels sturdy and all the ports line up correctly. Great purchase I think.

Now for the not so great part about the case. I was really hoping that this would be able to fit into my multimedia docking station with the little plastic piece removed. I got the case put on and tried to fit that into the dock. I was able to line everything up and push down, looked like it was going to work but I couldn't get it to seat properly all the way down so it won't charge and the screen doesn't move to my preset alarm. So I can either take the back off at night which isn't very difficult just annoying. or I can let my wife use the docking station for her D3 and I'll just plug in.

tomorrow I'm going to try and hope that this will fit into my Car docking station for the D3 but I don't have high hopes at this point.

In conclusion: If you don't have lots of docking stations I highly recommend this case but if you use the other accessories like docking stations I would say stick to the gel cases which are said to work.
    08-30-2011 06:45 PM
    hey,

funny thing, I was supposed to get my droid 3 today, but due to shipping/processing problems ill have to wait till Tuesday , but in the mean time while at work, i stopped at the Verizon store and picked up the commuter and a car dock. I haven't been able to test it with a phone yet, so right now i'm just looking at the two together haha. I cut the little flap off where the usb/hdmi port are and it looks like it could seat properly in the car dock (with the insert removed). Please let me know if you've tried the car dock with the commuter and how it worked, trying to figure out what/if to return.

also--do you have the extended battery? I've heard some people say it works fine with the otterbox, others say it do not

Thanks!!
    09-02-2011 11:49 PM
    I cut the flap off as well and have tried the phone in both dock with no luck. I've taken out the incerts and still no luck. The phone appears to seat fully but does not jump to the proper screen the way its supposed to and does with the case off. Luckily the back comes off easily so I take it off at night and use the charging dock for my alarm.
    09-04-2011 10:55 AM
    That's unfortunate, I was going to buy the Otterbox. I won't now that I know the car dock won't work with it. Thanks for posting this.
    09-04-2011 11:10 AM
    ordered one on ebay for $21 brand new

just came in today...doesnt add much bulk at all, it also makes this solid phone even more solid
    09-08-2011 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD