Things YOU CAN DO WHEN rooted

singhshsr

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
:confused:Well guys i came form the Palm pre(thank god i did)and i would just like to know what i can do when my droid 3 is rooted. Also is there any other hacks of add ons i can use for my droid? Is there also a way to get free apps of the market? When i used my pre there was a software called preware, added things like battery percentage and others like it, isthere some thing like that on the android market or computer?
Thanks for all the help:D

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
For your first question, by rooting the phone, you can remove a lot of the "bloatware" the manufacturers and phone companies add. You can download apps that need root permissions, such as certain 1 step cache cleaners.

By rooting and installing custom ROM's, you can change the whole look and feel of the phone. I rooted when 2.1 came out, as on the Original Droid, it took away the ability to have led lights blink while screen was ON, which made using any dock useless,and I risked nit getting sms from kids if I was watching a video or tv on phone while at the gym. Rooting and installing Cyanogen ROM fixed this.

Not all ROM'S do that though, such as MIUI. Many ROM'S also include the battery features you want, but there are apps in market that do this as well.

As for installing apps from market, I am confused on this question. Open market. If app is available for your phone, download it. If it isn't free, some have trial periods, or free versions (with ads....) Or, purchase it...

Oh....rooting also allows you to download apps to get rid of the add you may see....

Hope some of this helps!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reactions: singhshsr

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I use (as do over 1,000,000 others) Cyanogen Mod ROM. Many can be found in Clockwork Mod (an app in market) or on XDA Forums.

Make sure they are compatible with your phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

diggy15

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well that one is a bit more difficult to fully explain. This will probably be best answered by looking through XDA and a bit of internet browsing. Rooting will allow you to make many changes in your phone it is just a matter of what you want to change and understanding how to do it.