Root issues

rydo88

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
2/16/2012 - For anyone else ahving issues, try Droid 4 Utility by mattlgroff over at XDA. That's what worked for me.

Original Post Below
++++++++++++++++++++++
I hate for this to be the first thread in the ROMS and Rooting area, but...

Has anyone else had problems with the root method posted in the main Droid 4 forum by Phil?
Mine seems to hang up at 'deploying payload.'

Anyone had luck running it in a 64 bit environment? Do any of the USB modes affect it (i.e. charge only, PC mode, etc.)?

This is probably going to be something stupid that I completely glazed over, but if anyone can share if/how they got it to work, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
2/16/2012 - For anyone else ahving issues, try Droid 4 Utility by mattlgroff over at XDA. That's what worked for me.

I just used the Utility and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip!

I just picked up my D4 today upgrading from my DINC2. I was a little hesitant at first because my DINC2 is rock solid and I was a little afraid of reboot issues like I had with my DX. So far, so good. Battery life seems to be fine even with LTE turned on. So far I'm happy with the purchase.

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my D4 with the Linux Droid 4 Utility by skylarm at XDA. It's based on mattlgroff's utility & has his blessing. Worked out of the box for me.