Droid Bionic commercial?

Ahobbs21

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new so try not to flame the hell out of me. But if I remember the OG droid debut commercial was during the 08 world series about 2 weeks before it came out. Now tonight is the MLB all star game and it's about 2 weeks before the bionic is allegedly going to come out. I'm thinking if Verizon wants to make a big splash like they did with the OG droid tonight will be the night we will meet the bionic. It's just a thought and I might be wrong, but I might be right.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting - that would be amazing if you were right! And btw, nobody is going to flame you here (I'll make sure of it). Welcome to AndroidCentral :D

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That would honestly be a really smart move by Verizon. However with the Droid 3 coming out, my guess would be that it would take the place of the Bionic in said commercial...

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That would be pretty nice if it did, It is a good speculation.

And do not worry about being flamed if your wrong, read a few other Bionic threads and you would still be head and shoulders over some other "commenters"

Welcome btw

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't see this phone receiving the advertising the OG Droid did only because the iPhone is now on Verizon. I would only hope it would but Apple may sue and say we made commercials first you can't do that lol.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
would certainly LOVE to see a bionic commercial today. Still a commercial for a phone before the D3 is released I find hard to believe. It's just not savvy marketing to hamstring your own device before its launch. Still, I'm gonna watch the All-Star game and hope I'm rewarded with the bionic commercial haha. Nice idea though!

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing the other day about any kind of big advertising they might do...... clearly they did a lot for the OG DROID, then of course there was a big campaign for the Thunderbolt in conjunction with the 4G LTE. You would thing an uberphone like the Bionic would warrant a big campaign as well, but maybe I'm mistaken...... Would be pretty awesome if they did announce it today as speculated at the LTE Innovation Center opening! :D

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing the other day about any kind of big advertising they might do...... clearly they did a lot for the OG DROID, then of course there was a big campaign for the Thunderbolt in conjunction with the 4G LTE. You would thing an uberphone like the Bionic would warrant a big campaign as well, but maybe I'm mistaken...... Would be pretty awesome if they did announce it today as speculated at the LTE Innovation Center opening! :D

I would think they would do alot of advertising but since they did little to none for the dx2 and droid 3 who knows what type of advertising they will do. It seems like all they care about anymore is the iphone and it shows since they are becoming like at&t used to be with their android lineup.

Gafflation

May 19, 2011
Visit site
That would honestly be a really smart move by Verizon. However with the Droid 3 coming out, my guess would be that it would take the place of the Bionic in said commercial...

Droid 3 is available for pre-order since July 7th and will be in retail stores on the 14th. Bionic is rumored for Aug 4th. And yes, I could easily see them trying to push the D3 instead of the Bionic.

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay seeing as the droid bionic link was put up on the vzw website today, maybe that's a sign we actually will see a commercial for it during the all star game!! Its starting here momentarily and I'm gonna be keeping my eye out for a bionic commercial :)

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I would think they would do alot of advertising but since they did little to none for the dx2 and droid 3 who knows what type of advertising they will do. It seems like all they care about anymore is the iphone and it shows since they are becoming like at&t used to be with their android lineup.

The release isn't set in stone yet...The earliest I see a marketing push kicking off would be July 21st....

It will be interesting though...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The release isn't set in stone yet...The earliest I see a marketing push kicking off would be July 21st....

It will be interesting though...

I never said it was. I think we wont see advertising until if it ddoes come out aug 4 until around then. They don't do much advertising before like they used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21