Droid 3/Bionic and audio decoders.

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Charge from work as a temp phone as we are waiting for the Bionic to come out so we can move to it and support the end users that will get it too. We'll i have been playing with it and have moved some .MKV files to it (LIFE blu-ray disc rip) and they play fine with the stock player but i don't get any sound. Apparently there is no support for AC3 or DTS HD decoders or whatever audio a .MKV would use. Is this a Samsung only thing? A Android thing? Can the Droid 3 play .MKV with sound or will the Bionic be able to? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try a different video player like Rock Player and see if that works. Not sure if the Bionic supports it or not.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I think android itself does not support mkv. I would always convert to another format. But there are thirdy party video players that will run an mkv. I have done it on my OG.

Gafflation

May 19, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, no American cell phones have DTS decoding. I had the same problem when I bought a media player as I didn't know that most of them can't play high def audio. Ended up Ebaying that one and buying a newer higher end one. But back to cell phones, I doubt we will see it on them anytime soon. You would have to convert the file or go with DVD quality instead of Blu-Ray quality from the start.

DTS Expands Cellphone Reach - 2011-01-25 20:49:57 | TWICE

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep my media player won't decode dts either I have to extract the audio and convert to ac3 on blueray rips.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair