Droid Bionic Price Poll!

Droid Bionic Pricing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So what do think the price will be? I'm guessing. $299.99 like the Charge. Which I feel is over priced and I may just caugh the extra 300$ for retail.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
you would be silly to think this won't cost 299

Agree there is definitely no way it is $199 although I wish it was but verizon isnt that nice. Although they do seem to be making the prices lower for existing customers. I get a $50 discount on all phones and its not a NE2 so maybe they will make it $299 for new customers and $250 for existing customers? That would be nice if they did but im not holding my breath.

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I assume $299 since I suspect the Bionic and Charge will be their top phones, I suspect Charge may even get a $50 cut. I'm more concerned about off contract price as I migth pick one up and hand my Charge to the gf.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
MAYBE Verizon will let it out at $250 because they made us wait so long? That would make it $200 after my NE2, which would be sweet. The D3 is $200 and has extra parts for keyboard; minus those out and add for LTE, and $250 is not unreasonable.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
What makes anyone think that Verizon will cut the price as a favor to us since we had to wait so long? They've kept it quiet enough that it'll basically be a new device, most of the potential buyers are people that haven't heard of it as of now. While I agree that $299 is just ridiculous for a phone with a 2-year price, they sold the Charge at that and it did just fine. This is another top-level LTE Droid with more powerful hardware than the Charge, though the Charge will likely retain the advantage as far as the screen quality and battery life (still remains to be seen of course). I would expect that it'll drop in price a bit, but they want to sell a lot of Bionics so I wouldn't count on one right away.

Hopefully this $299 thing dies after these first-gen LTE devices. But I understand, the first devices had the most R&D costs and they're spreading out the costs of their new network. By the second generation of devices though, they should price them the same as other phones. But I would be shocked if they sold the Bionic cheaper than the Charge, considering the Charge sales are still quite strong.

Still, just because its $299 doesn't mean you actually have to pay that. If you're good at shopping around, finding price-matching, and/or have a NE2 available, you can get it a good bit cheaper. Hell, I got the Charge for $149 on upgrade a week and a half after it came out, you just gotta know where to look.

angelbowler

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
What makes anyone think that Verizon will cut the price as a favor to us since we had to wait so long? They've kept it quiet enough that it'll basically be a new device, most of the potential buyers are people that haven't heard of it as of now. While I agree that $299 is just ridiculous for a phone with a 2-year price, they sold the Charge at that and it did just fine. This is another top-level LTE Droid with more powerful hardware than the Charge, though the Charge will likely retain the advantage as far as the screen quality and battery life (still remains to be seen of course). I would expect that it'll drop in price a bit, but they want to sell a lot of Bionics so I wouldn't count on one right away.

Hopefully this $299 thing dies after these first-gen LTE devices. But I understand, the first devices had the most R&D costs and they're spreading out the costs of their new network. By the second generation of devices though, they should price them the same as other phones. But I would be shocked if they sold the Bionic cheaper than the Charge, considering the Charge sales are still quite strong.

Still, just because its $299 doesn't mean you actually have to pay that. If you're good at shopping around, finding price-matching, and/or have a NE2 available, you can get it a good bit cheaper. Hell, I got the Charge for $149 on upgrade a week and a half after it came out, you just gotta know where to look.
So where did you get that Charge? I hope I can still afford to buy it with my NE2, because I've been waiting since Apr 4 to upgrade and I won't till I get a Bionic.

angelbowler

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My husband talked to a VZW Customer Service Supervisor about something else and he brought up the Bionic. After talking about it he told her that they should give customers a huge discount because there are customers leaving left and right. Customers are leaving because of the new data tiers and they're tired of over-paying for phones. He really filled her ears full and added that the biggest reason was because they announced it in Jan and were orig suppose to sell it in Apr but now we have to wait until Aug 8 months after announcing the Bionic. And he was going to wait like me to get the Bionic but couldn't. He was eligible to upgrade in Jan but his phone died and he had to settle for something he didn't want (which he had trouble with) because Bionic wasn't out yet. Already VZW is not being fair to the customers and it gets worse as we go along. I used to be glad I was with VZW because they were a good company but not so sure anymore.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My husband talked to a VZW Customer Service Supervisor about something else and he brought up the Bionic. After talking about it he told her that they should give customers a huge discount because there are customers leaving left and right. Customers are leaving because of the new data tiers and they're tired of over-paying for phones. He really filled her ears full and added that the biggest reason was because they announced it in Jan and were orig suppose to sell it in Apr but now we have to wait until Aug 8 months after announcing the Bionic. And he was going to wait like me to get the Bionic but couldn't. He was eligible to upgrade in Jan but his phone died and he had to settle for something he didn't want (which he had trouble with) because Bionic wasn't out yet. Already VZW is not being fair to the customers and it gets worse as we go along. I used to be glad I was with VZW because they were a good company but not so sure anymore.

How is Verizon not being fair and when did Verizon announce the Bionic was going to be out in April?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk