ITT: We're buying online "July 28th"

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait and see with the Bionic. Price is going to be a prohibiting factor for sure, but if the battery life is actually decent I may go for it.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait and see with the Bionic. Price is going to be a prohibiting factor for sure, but if the battery life is actually decent I may go for it.

There's 3 weeks until the Aug 4 date. If you can afford to put away $50 a week you'd cut a decent dent in that price by the time the phone is released. I know times are tight for lots, so it's not necessarily easy, but this might help lighten the load on your pockets come the first week of August.

Reactions: trailblazen

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the thunderbolt on day and im already "itching" for a new phone.....and this one i will aslo get on day one!!! :D I think i need to go to meetings for this stuff, or at least have an intervention!!!

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Does Best Buy typically offer a pre-order? Will I be able to purchase through them IF it's out the 28th or do I have to go through VZ?

xTommyx

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Heh, you guys are complaining about your blackberries and OG Droids. I'm upgrading from an enV Touch......yes it has been a long and bumpy road (6 phones with issues!) but the wait is almost over. I dont care about pentile and whatnot anymore, i just need to get rid of this thing!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The more I see the hands on D3 videos, Gingerbread O/S, smooth, fast, and the new 3D Blur, I just can't wait. I don't like to buy sight unseen, but I think i will make an exception in this case...come on 7/28! :D

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm also eagerly waiting to see what this phone has to offer. Another forum member just got back from a VZW store to play with the Droid 3 and ask anything they knew about the SGSII and Bionic. The rep didn't know anything about the SGSII of course, but said he had heard that there were some issues with the GPS on the Bionic they are trying to get straightened out, and that they were shooting for an Aug 11th release. Yeah I know, members of these forums tend to know more than store Reps, but I thought I'd mention it for you guys to chew on.

My big issue with the Bionic is that I'm currently a Sprint customer, and the tiered data plan I'd be forced into as a new customer is giving me pause. I'm not a huge data user now, but I'd like to embrace everything "The Cloud" might have to offer in the future. That includes services like Google music, Netflix streaming, etc. I'm a bit bummed that a carrier would lobotomize their devices by putting a cap on data, with streaming becoming more common and feasible with 3G and 4G networks. I just don't want to reach a point where I might say "damn I can't stream music on my way to work until next month!". It could make me have to choose between music and video ... i.e. stream video but store and play music on the device.

Time will tell I guess.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I will be picking this phone up as soon as Costco carries it. Not because I'm planning on taking it back, but because they extend the warranty if I use my Costco AMEX.

Same, and also because it usually comes with a few extra accessories and/or is a few dollars cheaper than going through Verizon itself.

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Heh, you guys are complaining ab out your blackberries and OG Droids. I'm upgrading from an enV Touch......yes it has been a long and bumpy road (6 phones with issues!) but the wait is almost over. I dont care about pentile and whatnot anymore, i just need to get rid of this thing!

Dude I loved my enV touch! It was a great phone for me and never had any problems.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm also eagerly waiting to see what this phone has to offer. Another forum member just got back from a VZW store to play with the Droid 3 and ask anything they knew about the SGSII and Bionic. The rep didn't know anything about the SGSII of course, but said he had heard that there were some issues with the GPS on the Bionic they are trying to get straightened out, and that they were shooting for an Aug 11th release. Yeah I know, members of these forums tend to know more than store Reps, but I thought I'd mention it for you guys to chew on.

My big issue with the Bionic is that I'm currently a Sprint customer, and the tiered data plan I'd be forced into as a new customer is giving me pause. I'm not a huge data user now, but I'd like to embrace everything "The Cloud" might have to offer in the future. That includes services like Google music, Netflix streaming, etc. I'm a bit bummed that a carrier would lobotomize their devices by putting a cap on data, with streaming becoming more common and feasible with 3G and 4G networks. I just don't want to reach a point where I might say "damn I can't stream music on my way to work until next month!". It could make me have to choose between music and video ... i.e. stream video but store and play music on the device.

Time will tell I guess.

As it stands, from time to time throughout the month I do use my Google Music to stream music. If I only stream music for 6 hours a day for 3 or 4 days, I would easily exceed a 2 GIG limit. Without streaming music, I do just shy of 1 gig/month.

For me I will probably always have my music on physical media, and avoid streaming if I can. SD cards are relatively inexpensive, and I don't have to worry about coverage. So thats the route I will probably take.

xTommyx

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dude I loved my enV touch! It was a great phone for me and never had any problems.

Wow, you're lucky. I like the phone itself. The keyboard is good and all, but ive been having so many restarting problems. sometimes the display would be wonky too. One thing I love about it is that it has a 480x800 resolution at only 3 inches! That's 311 pixels per inch, only 15 or so short of the retina display! It's shocking that high end phones like the GS2 have 480x800s still. I can't wait for the bionic and it's 960x540.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a few people are upgrading from the tour like i am. im probably going to preorder it cause ive been waiting for it to come out...(when it was announced) i dont have LTE by me yet so the "problems" they might/have with it shouldnt bother me too bad. im just looking forward to my first droid and a power house at that!

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a few people are upgrading from the tour like i am. im probably going to preorder it cause ive been waiting for it to come out...(when it was announced) i dont have LTE by me yet so the "problems" they might/have with it shouldnt bother me too bad. im just looking forward to my first droid and a power house at that!

I'm in your boat. I'm upgrading from a Storm 2, purchased at launch.....and it sucks. I'm seriously in need of a new device and holding out for this one.

Where will it be available for pre-order?

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you're lucky. I like the phone itself. The keyboard is good and all, but ive been having so many restarting problems. sometimes the display would be wonky too. One thing I love about it is that it has a 480x800 resolution at only 3 inches! That's 311 pixels per inch, only 15 or so short of the retina display! It's shocking that high end phones like the GS2 have 480x800s still. I can't wait for the bionic and it's 960x540.

Yeah I had read lots of people complaining, but I was one of the lucky ones that got one with no problems for two years! And it still doesn't have a scratch on it or problem. Its like brand new still, I could probably get some decent money for it :) hah

King Howie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

you must be the lucky guy that got the one good one that was produced. i've seen several in the wild, and everyone said they suck. mine definitely does. anxious to make the jump to android.

Tryptykon

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my OG Storm, while it WAS a good phone when it first came out, the phone started giving me problems a year and half into owning / using it (freezing up having to do battery pulls, resetting on its own when somebody called / texted me.) Now its gotten to the point to where it could be considered a glorified iPod touch knockoff. I'm so fed up with this POS that I want to chuck it halfway across the world.

I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE DROID BIONIC COMES OUT!! (sorry for the screaming, but as you current and ex Blackberry users know, you feel my pain as a Blackberry user):-\

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my OG Storm, while it WAS a good phone when it first came out, the phone started giving me problems a year and half into owning / using it (freezing up having to do battery pulls, resetting on its own when somebody called / texted me.) Now its gotten to the point to where it could be considered a glorified iPod touch knockoff. I'm so fed up with this POS that I want to chuck it halfway across the world. <br />
<br />
I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE DROID BIONIC COMES OUT!! (sorry for the screaming, but as you current and ex Blackberry users know, you feel my pain as a Blackberry user):-\

Yes we do feel your pain. It will be ok. I promise.... Soon you will be able to RAGE QUIT BB. :>

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro