Why So Little Known?

dbermanmd

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It has been over half of one year since i have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone. For most of that time I have visited this site and others reading what others much more knowledgeable than I have been posting about this device.

What i find amazing is how little is known about one of the most anticipated devices of the year given its supposed launch date is only about two weeks from now.

I am curious as to why you think so little is known about the Droid Bionic?

david

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It has been over half of one year since i have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone. For most of that time I have visited this site and others reading what others much more knowledgeable than I have been posting about this device.

What i find amazing is how little is known about one of the most anticipated devices of the year given its supposed launch date is only about two weeks from now.

david

Because they want to keep it a secret duh lmao.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Because everyone that knows anything isn't talking.........yet. My guess is the dam will burst shortly. I hope.

dbermanmd

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You're the fool. Great comment. Smh

I am just saying that there is little not known about most devices 2 weeks before their launch - the RAM, chip sets, display, UI and so on. And yet two weeks away from the Bionics release nothing is known,,, its all speculation.

Is the reason because there are still problems with the device?

It seems to me that they would want to divulge the specs on the Bionic to attract people who are in the market to purchase a device outside of the enthusiasts who are keeping track of it.

DF400ex

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

david

It seems that Moto has taken some hints from the Cupertino guys on keeping their upcoming releases quiet

Reactions: shipwrestler125

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am just saying that there is little not known about most devices 2 weeks before their launch - the RAM, chip sets, display, UI and so on. And yet two weeks away from the Bionics release nothing is known,,, its all speculation.

It seems to me that they would want to divulge the specs on the Bionic to attract people who are in the market to purchase a device outside of the enthusiasts who are keeping track of it.

The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.

As for problems with the device, I'm guessing no. They've had waaaay too much time to perfect this thing to have any major problems at this point.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

The reason is there was problems with the old device and now there's been changes. So you have information floating out there about the Bionic that was shown at CES and information on what is the new Bionic which will be released shortly. Some of it overlaps, some of it doesn't. I highly, highly, highly doubt there is anything wrong with the device, consider it's in final testing on VZW network. That generally speaking is mostly a formality since it's already gone through lots of testing prior to this.

I think there's a pretty good chance you can call the specs right now on a lot of the issues you mention (Ram, Chipsets, display, UI):

RAM: 1 GB
Chipset: OMAP 4430
display: 960 x 540 qHD 4.3"
UI: Motoblur 3D (or whatever name Moto chooses to call it)

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It's gonna be the droid 3 with 512 more GB RAM, LTE and no keyboard.

Do you get the full GB normally or does it only use the extra for the web top? This has always been my question with the web top phones. I guess I am a web top noob.

Looks like a great phone either way, 4.5" is just a little too massive for me if that is what it ends up being.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you get the full GB normally or does it only use the extra for the web top? This has always been my question with the web top phones. I guess I am a web top noob.

Looks like a great phone either way, 4.5" is just a little too massive for me if that is what it ends up being.

You'll get the full GB RAM "normally."

On the 4.5" - recent rumors are that it's 4.3" instead of being 4.5, but while I'm pretty confident about the other stuff I'm only about 85% confident on that.

Reactions: ninjataint

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.

Hmmm I dunno. There could be some truth to this but I see the two phones reaching different users. At it's extremes, I see one saying "I have to have a physical keyboard!" vs the other saying "I have to have LTE!". Sure there will be some cannibalization, but I'm not so sure this is the primary reason for the lack of details.

I guess I'd be in the camp that they want to release this device with a bang, since it will be going against that other all touch smart phone supposedly being announced in September. Creating mystery and speculation can be a powerful way to market a product.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If this thing is going to be released with a big bang, and be released for presale on the 28th, I would think we would start seeing some advertising on TV for it soon.

I'm starting to think it wont be released that soon, or VZW isn't going to push this one that hard.

Time will tell, and I hope he hear something soon.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
When Bob from Wirefly does his hands on, I will start to get excited... Until then, I'm not holding my breath. After the DInc and TBolt fiascoes, I've learned my lesson waiting for phones...

cmplxsmplcty

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been rumored that the Bionic is the Verizon version of the Photon for Sprint. We're likely to see the same features, and slightly different physical features.

It's just amazing that they have already given the specs on the Photon, but not the Bionic.:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000