07-18-2011 04:25 PM
62 123
tools
    8 MP is more than enough for non-photographic people. Id rather have vanilla android or a better processor.

You never know, though, until it releases.....IF it releases
    better processor? better than what? do you even know what processor is in the bionic? I haven't seen any confirmation of any processor
    07-16-2011 05:53 PM
    better processor? better than what? do you even know what processor is in the bionic? I haven't seen any confirmation of any processor
    I think he just meant in general he would have a better processor rather than a higher mp camera. Nobody knows for sure what pprocessor in bionic is it is looking like the 4430 which is what the droid 3 has, but its all up in the air til some final specs leak. Moto and vzw are doing a great job keeping this under wraps.
    07-16-2011 06:00 PM
    I really think that the inexorable wait for this phone is getting to everyone's heads lol. We all really need some official news from moto or vzw lol. I personally hope for the OMAP 4460, that way it is better than the droid 3. If battery is an issue they should UC it to 1.2, but what's the point of making the ram better than the droid 3 and not the processor
    07-16-2011 06:12 PM
    I really think that the inexorable wait for this phone is getting to everyone's heads lol. We all really need some official news from moto or vzw lol. I personally hope for the OMAP 4460, that way it is better than the droid 3. If battery is an issue they should UC it to 1.2, but what's the point of making the ram better than the droid 3 and not the processor
    I agree I hope they go with the 4460 but I think since it has webtop the added ram will hhelp with that and also would keep the phone from lagging over time as more things are installed. Hopefully only a couple more weeks but lets hope some info or maybe a prototype hands on gets leaked. I just want to know screen size really since we know it will be dual core and pretty sure will be 1 gb ram.
    07-16-2011 06:17 PM
    I agree I hope they go with the 4460 but I think since it has webtop the added ram will hhelp with that and also would keep the phone from lagging over time as more things are installed. Hopefully only a couple more weeks but lets hope some info or maybe a prototype hands on gets leaked. I just want to know screen size really since we know it will be dual core and pretty sure will be 1 gb ram.
    In a way, I don't want any leaks til its released! I like all the anticipation, its what keeps these forums going and interesting. If specs are leaked its like, well okay we all know what the phone has now and then there really isn't much to talk about anymore. This is what verizon wants, to keeps us waiting and debating so people don't loose interest in the bionic subject like they would iif we already knew everything about it
    07-16-2011 06:30 PM
    @stfoley23 - I'm not sure anyone is going to agree with what you just said, lol. I know I don't.
    angelbowler likes this.
    07-16-2011 06:37 PM
    @stfoley23 - I'm not sure anyone is going to agree with what you just said, lol. I know I don't.
    Haha I know, noone will! But in reality it is just a phone and not knowing won't kill us and it keeps things interesting!
    07-16-2011 06:45 PM
    The best buy rep who saw the bionic from his vzw rep said its not much bigger if at all thqn the droid x. Going gainst what done sex said. Check out the thread definitely July on here.
    07-16-2011 06:53 PM
    The best buy rep who saw the bionic from his vzw rep said its not much bigger if at all thqn the droid x. Going gainst what done sex said. Check out the thread definitely July on here.
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the droid bionic (from what's been speculated so far) is pretty much the droid 3 except without a keyboard and 4G LTE, am I right?
    07-16-2011 06:58 PM
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the droid bionic (from what's been speculated so far) is pretty much the droid 3 except without a keyboard and 4G LTE, am I right?
    That is what is being speculated, yes. Just a larger screen and more ram. I mean maybe moto will use the 4460 instead but from reviews of Droid 3 I dont think that is necessarily a bad thing although some will probably say it is.
    07-16-2011 07:05 PM
    Wasn't Moto working on a 13MP camera back earlier this year. Perhaps they scrapped the Targa and just gave it the Boinic name. The real question I think is, how fed up is Big Red getting that they don't have a true Flag Ship Android phone, (Pre iPhone 5/4GS refresh or whatever) and the masses out there (except us die-hards) may be starting to believe the Bionc is vaporware? Just a thought.
    07-16-2011 07:08 PM
    That is what is being speculated, yes. Just a larger screen and more ram. I mean maybe moto will use the 4460 instead but from reviews of Droid 3 I dont think that is necessarily a bad thing although some will probably say it is.
    Well I'm glad to hear this then, cuz I was playing around with my dads new droid 3 and its a powerhouse! Fastest phone I've ever used and if the bionic has more ram, man its gonna be one heck of a phone
    07-16-2011 07:11 PM
    Wasn't Moto working on a 13MP camera back earlier this year. Perhaps they scrapped the Targa and just gave it the Boinic name. The real question I think is, how fed up is Big Red getting that they don't have a true Flag Ship Android phone, (Pre iPhone 5/4GS refresh or whatever) and the masses out there (except us die-hards) may be starting to believe the Bionc is vaporware? Just a thought.
    Lol, why would they be mad that they don't have a "flagship" phone. VZW has always been about coverage, not having the latest phones.
    07-16-2011 07:12 PM
    Lol, why would they be mad that they don't have a "flagship" phone. VZW has always been about coverage, not having the latest phones.
    Because they want a phone that will get people locked into contracts and maybe even bring in some new customers. Business 101 lol
    robwilldominate likes this.
    07-16-2011 07:20 PM
    Because they want a phone that will get people locked into contracts and maybe even bring in some new customers. Business 101 lol
    Guess youre right. Not like the majority of consumers choose Verizon because of their coverage or anything. It must be Verizon's superior phone lineup.
    07-16-2011 07:45 PM
    A closer look at Verizon's Samsung Slider with Android 2.3.4 and LTE | Android Central wonder if this will be what vzw gets for the gs2? And how it will compare to the bionic.
    07-16-2011 07:53 PM
    Guess youre right. Not like the majority of consumers choose Verizon because of their coverage or anything. It must be Verizon's superior phone lineup.
    I never said it wasnt because of their coverage. But most have a choice between atleast 2 carriers so then phone selection plays a role.
    07-16-2011 07:54 PM
    A closer look at Verizon's Samsung Slider with Android 2.3.4 and LTE | Android Central wonder if this will be what vzw geta for the gs2? And how it wiwill compare to the bionic.
    Gosh, I sure hope that's not the GS2... I have zero interest in a slider.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    07-16-2011 08:06 PM
    Potentially bad news...Kellex at Droid Life said in a post that now the Bionic may be pushed back to 9/1. Not sure whether to believe that or not but he said he gets good inside info. I can't believe Motorola is dragging their feet so much with this phone. It better be worth is all I'm saying. This is the article he stated it in http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/16/samsung-4g-lte-slider-makes-a-new-appearance-this-better-not-be-their-version-of-the-galaxy-s-ii/
    07-16-2011 09:51 PM
    09/1? Here we go again...
    07-16-2011 10:02 PM
    Potentially bad news...Kellex at Droid Life said in a post that now the Bionic may be pushed back to 9/1. Not sure whether to believe that or not but he said he gets good inside info. I can't believe Motorola is dragging their feet so much with this phone. It better be worth is all I'm saying. This is the article he stated it in http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/16...e-galaxy-s-ii/
    Oh, hope this guy got some bad Info or I'll be pissed....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-16-2011 10:08 PM
    All the bickering about who is who, who knows what, and which phone is better has been moved here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/pho...id-bionic.html

Have at it. Leave this thread out of it. PLEASE don't make me sorry that I gave you guys a place to have a more intense debate. Rules are rules. Thanks in advance!
    angelbowler likes this.
    07-17-2011 12:12 AM
    ^^^Excellent brother thank you.

Sent from my Droid
    robwilldominate likes this.
    07-17-2011 12:31 AM
    ^^^Excellent brother thank you.

Sent from my Droid
    Agreed. Here is to good debates and no hard feelings. Moto would do us some favors by actually revealing some concrete specs.
    07-17-2011 12:34 AM
    Potentially bad news...Kellex at Droid Life said in a post that now the Bionic may be pushed back to 9/1. Not sure whether to believe that or not but he said he gets good inside info. I can't believe Motorola is dragging their feet so much with this phone. It better be worth is all I'm saying. This is the article he stated it in Samsung 4G LTE Slider Makes a New Appearance, We’re Doubting This is Verizon’s Version of the Galaxy S II - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Key word being "may". Just saying people.
    07-17-2011 08:50 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD