07-18-2011 03:25 PM
62 123
tools
    FWIW from over at HoFo...

OH yeah, It's a coming, my company gets goodies before they come out....touched one with my own two paws today. Screen although looks a bit larger than 4.3 at first glance, but isn't, but the phone is significantly bigger than Droid X. Much more noticeable (feeling/awareness of it) in my pocket, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Back says 13MP cam! It is SUPER fast, and the side scrolling apps is much better (never seen other phones that had that feature).
    07-15-2011 10:24 PM
    Lets hope This is true but hope it doesn't seem to large.
    07-15-2011 10:29 PM
    Good news I guess. But he has lost credibility with me already. Don't iphones have side scrolling apps?
    07-15-2011 10:29 PM
    If it does have that big of a camera is literally is exactly the Targa.
    07-15-2011 10:38 PM
    13 MP camera? I dunno...sounds a bit odd for a phone
    07-15-2011 10:42 PM
    Idk if I believe it all the pics said 8mp and didn't look much bigger than the droid x.
    07-15-2011 10:47 PM
    D3 has side scrolling apps. Even though we saw 8mp in a leaked pic it may not be the final revision. But I don't know what to believe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-16-2011 12:00 AM
    I don't know whether to believe this or not...
    07-16-2011 12:08 AM
    i don't know about all this..... we'll see.
    07-16-2011 12:14 AM
    That sounds great, hopefully it's true and that the previous test models were literally "subject to change".
    anon(368121) likes this.
    07-16-2011 12:24 AM
    I wanna believe!!!

07-16-2011 12:25 AM
    Nothing is concrete until we see it for ourselves...
    07-16-2011 12:43 AM
    Not sure how reliable a source is by the name of "fone sex"
    07-16-2011 01:35 AM
    Hmmm.. sceptical

Sent from my mind using a telepathy app on my droid X
    07-16-2011 07:20 AM
    But hopeful..

Sent from my mind using a telepathy app on my droid X
    07-16-2011 07:21 AM
    Hence why the thread title says "Possibly". Here's some new posts of interest from HoFo:

The guy in the office who gets shipped all the goodies says he's had it for the past week. i will try to get a pic on Monday.
    I have cases for the phone coming in hopefully tomorrow (for sure next week) for anyone interested
    As compared to the pics OP posted (the most recent ones that we're all familiar with by now), home screen is the same, but again, I had a only a couple minutes with the phone, my remembrance is that there is more "real estate" between the edge of the screen and the edge of the phone....if that makes any sense. My thoughts were that with the overall size of the phone, the screen could've easily been 4.5" had they wanted it to be. My recollection on what I saw vs. those pics would lead me to believe that the aspect ratio is a bit off on those pics cuzz to me it seemed a bit "wider"....best way I can explain is that the pics in OP look similar to DX aspect-wise, but Bionic isn't as "slim". I mean it obviously isn't a square, but not as "slim" as OP pics appear to be.
    It was my understanding that the early prototype units had the 13MP camera, but the final version was using the same 8MP camera that's on the Droid 3. I wonder if they've changed it back to 13MP?
    that's what I thought initially, that they shipped our co. an earlier version cuz all reports said 8MP, but he told me he JUST got it this past week so who knows.
    There was a few different variations in all the testers units from 8-12MP, I don't recall ever seeing a 13MP; but I could be wrong
    07-16-2011 08:01 AM
    Sorry if I sound like newb, but what is a side scrolling app? I tried googling it but the results popped up as a game.

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.
    07-16-2011 08:26 AM
    @ Cvballa3g0 - He's referring to Moto Blur's side-scrolling app drawer, as opposed to the vertically-scrolling one that we're used to.
    Cvballa3g0 likes this.
    07-16-2011 08:29 AM
    Interesting... again 4.3" jibes* with what other alleged testers were saying.

13 MP camera is... odd. Not that I'd throw it out based on that (the difference between a 8mp and 13mp is not that noticeable to 99% of people who just use it on an everyday basis, but it does add a nice marketing "push" for a phone that has been delayed so long, and it doesn't cost a lot more to produce, so why not put it in). Despite this, I'm skeptical on that point, but, we'll see I suppose.

[*edit]
    07-16-2011 08:33 AM
    @ Cvballa3g0 - He's referring to Moto Blur's side-scrolling app drawer, as opposed to the vertically-scrolling one that we're used to.
    Anything but what I seen on the HTC DInc2 where the drawer scrolled one page at a time. The drawer would not coast.
    07-16-2011 08:35 AM
    Looks like I'll be on vacation at my place in Tampa when it releases. I'll need the relaxing setting to help me not rush out and get it. I want to read reviews and let the price drop at least once or see if an OTA update rolls out.
    I will also be in my 20th month on my D1 contract so Costco will be able to serve me with those price breaks and easy exchanges.
    I do have a $50.00 discount available according to "My Verizon" and and wonder if the Costco vendor will recognized that?
    07-16-2011 08:37 AM
    My mothers fascinate had side scrolling app drawer. I can't remember if that was stock or a custom loader. Either way side scrolling app drawer is not a new concept.

07-16-2011 08:39 AM
    8 MP is more than enough for non-photographic people. Id rather have vanilla android or a better processor.

You never know, though, until it releases.....IF it releases
    07-16-2011 08:47 AM
    Looks like I'll be on vacation at my place in Tampa when it releases. I'll need the relaxing setting to help me not rush out and get it. I want to read reviews and let the price drop at least once or see if an OTA update rolls out.
    I will also be in my 20th month on my D1 contract so Costco will be able to serve me with those price breaks and easy exchanges.
    I do have a $50.00 discount available according to "My Verizon" and and wonder if the Costco vendor will recognized that?
    I live near Tampa. Great city.. And it has 4g there.

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.
    07-16-2011 10:01 AM
    Yeah I have been messing with my wife's D3 we got her thursday and it sounds like its the same UI. I personally like the "3d blur" very crisp, quick and easy to use. I believe the D3 is definately giving me a sneak peak into what I am expecting for bionic.
    07-16-2011 10:40 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD