Rumor authorized Verizon retailors to get bionic 08/12

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The thing is I don't see this delay being any type of elaborate marketing campaign. I agree that sometimes there are controlled releases, but the Bionic has lost any momentum it had a few months ago. All the buzz was killed the exact minute the specs and videos of the GSII were released. Now the Bionic is just the destined to be the 1st of many dual core phones going to VZW over the next few years. No one outside of us blog/forum nerds even know this thing is coming out. With that said, I don't believe there will be a huge hoopla regarding the release of this phone. We will see some commercials and just like everyother phone but VZW won't be making this look like a game changer.....

I disagree! When Verizon puts out a game changing phone they usually do the email list for people to sign up for future updates like the one they did last week. As far as I know we didn't see that for DroidX2, Charge, Revolution, or Droid3. I think Thunderbolt was the only one with lots of hype. If the specs that people are hearing are correct

4.5" qHD display
DDR 2 memory
Front facing camera
Dual-Core
LTE....etc

No other phone on Verizon has those features all on one phone.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I disagree! When Verizon puts out a game changing phone they usually do the email list for people to sign up for future updates like the one they did last week. As far as I know we didn't see that for DroidX2, Charge, Revolution, or Droid3. I think Thunderbolt was the only one with lots of hype. If the specs that people are hearing are correct

4.5" qHD display
DDR 2 memory
Front facing camera
Dual-Core
LTE....etc

Agree only the thunderbolt and the iphone had mailing list sign ups(of course other older phones did I think to when they were close to launch but only 2 recent phones did) Also it is looking more towards 4.3 rather than 4.5 but it is all a guess right now the rest seems pretty true.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Agree only the thunderbolt and the iphone had mailing list sign ups(of course other older phones did I think to when they were close to launch but only 2 recent phones did) Also it is looking more towards 4.3 rather than 4.5 but it is all a guess right now the rest seems pretty true.
Not sure if anyone took this into account, but Motorola took the route of developing their LTE chips in-house and this has faced challenges, hence why the Xoom took longer to get LTE. My guess is that the Bionic faced the same barrier to entry... Now that the Xoom 4G received approval, we should be seeing the bioinic in as little as two weeks. The million dollar question is, how many LTE chips can Motorola make and what portion will go to Xoom and what portion will go to the Bionic? Moto also has to put in the LTE chips for those who bought the Xoom that is suppose to include 4G, but those customers already paid, and I have a filling they wont be 1st......

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

4.5" qHD display
DDR 2 memory
Front facing camera
Dual-Core
LTE....etc

You couldn't have said it any better.... People on Verizon waiting for the GS II, Just keep in mind that Verizon will most likely screw up their version. No LTE, TONS of crap apps and maybe bing'd. Now, the unlocked GSM version of the GS II is a total different story. By the way, one of my reliable sources that test phones for Verizon told me that the GS II will have a late winter release. Not worth the wait if you ask me.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone took this into account, but Motorola took the route of developing their LTE chips in-house and this has faced challenges, hence why the Xoom took longer to get LTE. My guess is that the Bionic faced the same barrier to entry... Now that the Xoom 4G received approval, we should be seeing the bioinic in as little as two weeks. The million dollar question is, how many LTE chips can Motorola make and what portion will go to Xoom and what portion will go to the Bionic? Moto also has to put in the LTE chips for those who bought the Xoom that is suppose to include 4G, but those customers already paid, and I have a filling they wont be 1st......

Well pretty much every OEM made their own LTE chip. But I am sure that the chips in the xoom will probably be larger than those going into the bionic. I am sure moto will have enough chips to meet demand for the bionic. They cant have another long delay but not being able to have enough stock maybe that is why they keep waiting, to build up more stock to try and meet demand right away with at most only a short out of stock.

Immolate

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I think that Motorola has run into some significant technical challenges that have derailed whatever grand marketing plan they and Verizon have had for this device, and this strange, halting process that we're seeing is them trying to adjust. We should know something very soon so relax, grab some popcorn and enjoy the drama.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You couldn't have said it any better.... People on Verizon waiting for the GS II, Just keep in mind that Verizon will most likely screw up their version. No LTE, TONS of crap apps and maybe bing'd. Now, the unlocked GSM version of the GS II is a total different story. By the way, one of my reliable sources that test phones for Verizon told me that the GS II will have a late winter release. Not worth the wait if you ask me.

Agree I mean why would anyone get the gs2 when the new nexus will be out around then with a good possibility of it being on verizon? Also by that time I'm sure there will be even better phones coming out that would be a huge fail if it does indeed get pushed that far back.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
As in January-February 2012? Wow..

He didn't say what month but it looks like the holiday time frame (Nov/Dec). I’m sure it will be out before 2012. **I know some of you don’t believe me and that’s ok. But this same person told me when the i*hone 4 will be release for Verizon. He said February and sure enough it was. He told me that two month before and i didn’t even believe him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, as long as it releases before my 90 days are up at Costco, I am cool. Here's hoping for before August 23rd lol!

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
He didn't say what month but it looks like the holiday time frame (Nov/Dec). I?m sure it will be out before 2012. **I know some of you don?t believe me and that?s ok. But this same person told me when the i*hone 4 will be release for Verizon. He said February and sure enough it was. He told me that two month before and i didn?t even believe him.

You have a very odd definition of "late winter" then considering winter doesn't start until Dec. 22nd

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
He didn't say what month but it looks like the holiday time frame (Nov/Dec). I?m sure it will be out before 2012. **I know some of you don?t believe me and that?s ok. But this same person told me when the i*hone 4 will be release for Verizon. He said February and sure enough it was. He told me that two month before and i didn?t even believe him.

iPhone, SGSII... Does your buddy know when the Bionic will be released? Now, that'd be awesome!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Not to discredit you but with the low post count and how you said the iphone would come out in feb which he told you I mean anyone could say well he was right the iphone came out in february. Just seems a little strange that now you would come on an post. Maybe you are being honest idk in this day and age people just like the attention so it is hard to tell. Nothing against you just gotta understand where I and everyone else is coming from.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
iPhone, SGSII... Does your buddy know when the Bionic will be released? Now, that'd be awesome!

I hate to say this, He told me to wait for the GS II over the Bionic. He never told me why. But that was a couple of months ago. Since then the Bionic has changed and I will be getting it. Even new touch wiz is no good IMO. New blur seems real nice and it's the closes to Stock Android then all the other Skins.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not to discredit you but with the low post count and how you said the iphone would come out in feb which he told you I mean anyone could say well he was right the iphone came out in february. Just seems a little strange that now you would come on an post. Maybe you are being honest idk in this day and age people just like the attention so it is hard to tell. Nothing against you just gotta understand where I and everyone else is coming from.

It's cool. Low post count really doesn't mean anything. I'm mostly on Droid-life and Droidforums.net But anyways I?m going to clear this up so this topic doesn't get locked. When Verizon announced the iphone in January the person I know had the test phone in December. He told me the most recent release date that he was given by Verizon and it was released the exact month. I give him credit. Especially since the iphone was the most rumored phone for Verizon and any story was hard to believe. But like i said before. Some won?t believe me and I?m fine with that. Just know I?m not here for the attention and to tell lies. And if the SGII comes out before November then that?s great! But he is going by what he's been told. I also can?t wait for the Bionic to come out. But I too have to wait it out just like everyone else no matter who I know.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It's cool. Low post count really doesn't mean anything. I'm mostly on Droid-life and Droidforums.net But anyways I?m going to clear this up so this topic doesn't get locked. When Verizon announced the iphone in January the person I know had the test phone in December. He told me the most recent release date that he was given by Verizon and it was released the exact month. I give him credit. Especially since the iphone was the most rumored phone for Verizon and any story was hard to believe. But like i said before. Some won?t believe me and I?m fine with that. Just know I?m not here for the attention and to tell lies. And if the SGII comes out before November then that?s great! But he is going by what he's been told. I also can?t wait for the Bionic to come out. But I too have to wait it out just like everyone else no matter who I know.

Hey Welcome Vanilla Ice!!! Nice to see you here!!!

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Did he have anything to say on the Bionic release date?

I already asked him and he won?t tell me anything. He just says ?summer?. I have tried to get it out of him in any way possible since the Bionic is the phone i been wanting. I had no luck. A member on this thread has already said that this phone seems to be kept very quiet and I can't disagree. IMO the Bionic will be the Droid to have for 2011. So as we all know, Verizon won't talk much about it until the week it's released. If you have a twitter account, follow DroidLanding Once you start seeing tweets from them, the phone will be released on any coming Thursday!