Rumor authorized Verizon retailors to get bionic 08/12

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's cool. Low post count really doesn't mean anything. I'm mostly on Droid-life and Droidforums.net But anyways I?m going to clear this up so this topic doesn't get locked. When Verizon announced the iphone in January the person I know had the test phone in December. He told me the most recent release date that he was given by Verizon and it was released the exact month. I give him credit. Especially since the iphone was the most rumored phone for Verizon and any story was hard to believe. But like i said before. Some won?t believe me and I?m fine with that. Just know I?m not here for the attention and to tell lies. And if the SGII comes out before November then that?s great! But he is going by what he's been told. I also can?t wait for the Bionic to come out. But I too have to wait it out just like everyone else no matter who I know.

While it?s nice to think about the phones that are right around the corner this won't stop me from purchasing the Bionic if it is as good as I think it will be. But by your logic why would wait for the GSII when the Nexus Prime has a chance of going to VZW in the same November to December timeframe? If that comes and it is true that Ice-cream has no hardware buttons, won't the GSII be obsolete? Will your friend now say he suggests the Prime over the GSII? It never ends, if you want a phone and your contract is up buy what is available or what will be available.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
While it?s nice to think about the phones that are right around the corner this won't stop me from purchasing the Bionic if it is as good as I think it will be. But by your logic why would wait for the GSII when the Nexus Prime has a chance of going to VZW in the same November to December timeframe? If that comes and it is true that Ice-cream has no hardware buttons, won't the GSII be obsolete? Will your friend now say he suggests the Prime over the GSII? It never ends, if you want a phone and your contract is up buy what is available or what will be available.

it wont be obsolete just a little dated around then but you are correct if you always wait then you will never get anything. It is all about what works for you and some are just engulfed in the I need the latest thing all the time which is why they say wait.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
While it’s nice to think about the phones that are right around the corner this won't stop me from purchasing the Bionic if it is as good as I think it will be. But by your logic why would wait for the GSII when the Nexus Prime has a chance of going to VZW in the same November to December timeframe? If that comes and it is true that Ice-cream has no hardware buttons, won't the GSII be obsolete? Will your friend now say he suggests the Prime over the GSII? It never ends, if you want a phone and your contract is up buy what is available or what will be available.

He never once told me about a Nexus Prime. Now if Verizon were to get a phone like that, i will be first in line and i'll pay full price for it. But knowing Verizon, if they can't put they’re logo on the front and back of the phone, then don’t want it. (Excluding the iphone)

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not to discredit you but with the low post count and how you said the iphone would come out in feb which he told you I mean anyone could say well he was right the iphone came out in february. Just seems a little strange that now you would come on an post. Maybe you are being honest idk in this day and age people just like the attention so it is hard to tell. Nothing against you just gotta understand where I and everyone else is coming from.

Come on dog, be nice. You never know, you could be dis'n the real deal vanilla ice! :D

Either way, welcome Mr. Ice!

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if the Bionic doesn't drop sometime next month. My gut tells me mid August, but I have no credible source for that information. It would really suck if the GS2 doesn't drop until November/December. But irregardless, I'm kind of leaning toward the Bionic anyway. I really need to stop reading posts on the forums. The more I read, the more anxious I get. Not to mention the fact that I'm getting absolutely nothing done at work.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Come on dog, be nice. You never know, you could be dis'n the real deal vanilla ice! :D

Either way, welcome Mr. Ice!

I wasn't being mean lol. Like i said I didn't mean that in a bad way just you have to take everything anymore with a grain of salt since some people(prob not Mr. Ice) just look for popularity or getting people worked up. I mean look at all the sites that keep printing the same story just changing the release date with no solid info. This phone has a lot of hype I hope it lives up to it. I just wish they would go vanilla android and unlocked bootloader. I think if they did that this phone would sell like no other and break records even the iphone set. But hey we can all dream right?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If the GS2 was delayed until the Holidays I don't think it will be an Android device. It would make more sense to release it as a Windows phone at that point. Perhaps that is the reality and why we're hearing about a Windows version of the GS2.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If the GS2 was delayed until the Holidays I don't think it will be an Android device. It would make more sense to release it as a Windows phone at that point. Perhaps that is the reality and why we're hearing about a Windows version of the GS2.

That makes a lot of sense. By that point the Mango update should be ready to go (I would hope), and that would make for a pretty slick Mango device out of the box.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't being mean lol. Like i said I didn't mean that in a bad way just you have to take everything anymore with a grain of salt since some people(prob not Mr. Ice) just look for popularity or getting people worked up. I mean look at all the sites that keep printing the same story just changing the release date with no solid info. This phone has a lot of hype I hope it lives up to it. I just wish they would go vanilla android and unlocked bootloader. I think if they did that this phone would sell like no other and break records even the iphone set. But hey we can all dream right?

We both have the same vanilla android dream. But knowing Verizon they will turn it into a nightmare. But a good Nightmare because the "New Bionic" is going to be a BEAST from what we?re hearing. Blur or no Blur. Finally a phone worth getting.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just hope the battery life doesn't suck. I realize that 4G service will be a massive battery hog no matter what, but I will nevertheless weep tears of joy if the battery life on the Bionic manages to be halfway decent.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
We both have the same vanilla android dream. But knowing Verizon they will turn it into a nightmare. But a good Nightmare because the "New Bionic" is going to be a BEAST from what we?re hearing. Blur or no Blur. Finally a phone worth getting.

Agree and if the rumors hold true about the bootloader being unlocked in november then people can just remove the blur and there you go vanilla android and then the phone will be a true beast of a phone because the devs will come out of the woodwork to make something to get the bionic to the level that the og droid was in regards to development.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Agree and if the rumors hold true about the bootloader being unlocked in november then people can just remove the blur and there you go vanilla android and then the phone will be a true beast of a phone because the devs will come out of the woodwork to make something to get the bionic to the level that the og droid was in regards to development.

Wow, a Pure Google Bionic with all it's rumored specs? Now that's a phone worth holding on too for 2 years!

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Another thread taken over by SGSII; the thread is titled, "Rumor authorized Verizon retailors to get bionic 08/12!" :(

Haha its bound to happen. It's been Bionic vs. SGS2 vs. iPhone 5 all summer. A SGS2 in august does tempt me to wait but my gut tells me Verizon will do what they do best and mess this phone up in some form. So i'm still putting all my chips on the Bionic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae