To eradicate the insanity; I arrive.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This could be a new marketing stradegy by Moto/Verizon. Bionic being a semi-human, semi-mavhine reincarnate type deal. Reads just like a Droid ad for previous models. Reasons to question it:

1. Why a forum? Why not multiple?
2. 2014?
3. 5MP FFC? think again
4. 4430 would be a disappointment, im sorry. April it wouldnt be. Now it is.
5. Could just be a dude with WAAAAYYY too much time on his hands.

We shall see soon enough, it seems

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This could be a new marketing stradegy by Moto/Verizon. Bionic being a semi-human, semi-mavhine reincarnate type deal. Reads just like a Droid ad for previous models. Reasons to question it:

1. Why a forum? Why not multiple?
2. 2014?
3. 5MP FFC? think again
5. Could just be a dude with WAAAAYYY too much time on his hands.

We shall see soon enough, it seems

1. A lot of leeches come to AC for info.
2, coincides with 3 years from the rumored 8/4 release date. Third revision might coincide with the three years.
3. Kind of high for a ffc. But 8+ 5= this rumored 13 mp camera the rumors are sporting. But thats just dumb math.
4. 4460 is what they should have gone with. Funny thing is people are quoting the 4430 with the 4460 s gpu.
5. Ditto!:)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Gafflation

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Amazing and hilarious post!, Thank you so much.

I would also like to be surprised with such a gift but please don't get your hopes for this. To my knowledge the Archos 80 G9 and 101 G9 are set to release in 2 months and be the first things with the 4460.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Everyone that is complaining about it not being the 4460 supposedly from what is said it may be a binned 4430. For those who dont know what that is do a google search. Also it is said to have the same gpu that is in the 4460 so It still seems that it should perform pretty well.

Reactions: bplewis24

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that is complaining about it not being the 4460 supposedly from what is said it may be a binned 4430. For those who dont know what that is do a google search. Also it is said to have the same gpu that is in the 4460 so It still seems that it should perform pretty well.

Exactly, I am almost positive it will be a 4430, I believe the first devices with 4460 are still at least a couple of months away, I am fairly certain it will be a high binned 4430. If it has the same GPU clock as the 4460(i believe it already has the same GPU), which I have also heard is a possibility, then for all intents an purposes it is a 4460, just set at the optimal point for a balance of performance and power usage. I do hope we get an unlockable bootloader at some point to unlock some of that potential with custom oc kernels, though!

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, I am almost positive it will be a 4430, I believe the first devices with 4460 are still at least a couple of months away, I am fairly certain it will be a high binned 4430. If it has the same GPU clock as the 4460(i believe it already has the same GPU), which I have also heard is a possibility, then for all intents an purposes it is a 4460, just set at the optimal point for a balance of performance and power usage. I do hope we get an unlockable bootloader at some point to unlock some of that potential with custom oc kernels, though!

Sorry. GPU Clock speed is 304 vs 384. But it is the same gpu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. GPU Clock speed is 304 vs 384. But it is the same gpu.

He's referring to the Best Buy rep's contact saying the GPU is the same as the 4460. What gbh2 is saying is that the chip is binned so that the GPU is efficient enough to be clocked at 384, while the CPU is probably clocked lower due to voltage and temperature. If this is true, it would be possible to get 4460 performance out of a 4430 at the risk of possibly damaging the overall lifespan of the chip due to overheating or just plain frying it. Such is the risk of all overclocking, though.

PS: MDB228 is the ultimate troll, whether or not there is any truth to anything he's written. Kudos!

Last edited:

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
He's referring to the Best Buy rep's contact saying the GPU is the same as the 4460. What gbh2 is saying is that the chip is binned so that the GPU is efficient enough to be clocked at 384, while the CPU is probably clocked lower due to voltage and temperature. If this is true, it would be possible to get 4460 performance out of a 4430 at the risk of possibly damaging the overall lifespan of the chip due to overheating or just plain frying it. Such is the risk of all overclocking, though.

PS: MDB228 is the ultimate troll, whether or not there is any truth to anything he's written. Kudos!

I dont doubt that, but why would ti officially spec the 4430 with gpu clock of 304 but then turn around and clock them at 384. Im sure it could be clocked to 384 safely, but I read his post more like he heard its a 4430 with gpu clock at 384. or I could be crazy lol.

If it were true, that would be like mitsubishi selling the lancer OZ racing trim and then surprising us by giving us an evo. Lol

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So, doesn't anyone want to try and crack the hidden code?

The only thing I could really come up with for a "hidden code" (aside from the MDB228 being Moto Droid Bionic & the programming number you dial for VZW of 228 which have been pointed out), was the reference to the Aug 4th release date. Clearly the date in the post is stated as Aug 4th 2014, but it's in conjunction with talking about learning all there was to know about human history and then gaining the ability to time travel, which he then used to come back in time prior to the release date to make this post....

Or at least that's the way I read it...... just my thoughts though. I'm not entirely sold on it being any sort of marketing campaign (not yet anyway) but whoever wrote it up is clearly very creative.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
what is funny is that for 4g phones you no longer dial *228 so I think that takes that out of the question although maybe it will be out aug 16th I mean usually phones are released on thursdays but hey everything with this phone is screwy lol.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I dont doubt that, but why would ti officially spec the 4430 with gpu clock of 304 but then turn around and clock them at 384. Im sure it could be clocked to 384 safely, but I read his post more like he heard its a 4430 with gpu clock at 384. or I could be crazy lol.

If it were true, that would be like mitsubishi selling the lancer OZ racing trim and then surprising us by giving us an evo. Lol

Go look up what cpu binning is. Until then, you can't really comment. That's probably the most inaccurate analogy I've ever heard. Also, Winston has stated before that Motorola doesn't use stock OMAP specs which makes the debate pointless anyway.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Interesting read... and just as everyone stated, very clever.
I have to agree with the Aug.16th. date as well. It was the first thing that came to mind while going over the op's post.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Go look up what cpu binning is. Until then, you can't really comment. That's probably the most inaccurate analogy I've ever heard. Also, Winston has stated before that Motorola doesn't use stock OMAP specs which makes the debate pointless anyway.

I understand binning a little more now. And the analogy was off. I stand corrected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae