Intresting find, Q3 definite?

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
"The firm is anticipating strong third quarter guidance due to new product launches and lower component costs. Jefferies is forecasting that the Photon at Sprint (NYSE: S), the Droid 3, and LTE Bionic at Verizon (NYSE: VZ) will all help drive sales over the third quarter. The firm is currently estimating a EPS loss of $0.05 and revenue $3.4 billion for the quarter."

StreetInsider.com - Jefferies Comments and Offers Expectations for Motorola Mobility's (MMI) Second Quarter
Jives with the summer release, but August 4th and Sept 1st are Q3, so that doesn't really change much

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Point is, if Moto is getting a bad Rep from all these Bionic delays then it makes since that they would inform Wall Street of when they phone is dropping so they don't tank before then.

If investors know what products are coming out they are more likely to invest.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well they said summer so technically that goes until sept which is Q4. I just think this is another site looking for publicity.

I don't think the site is just reporting it for publicity. Evidently, the forcecast about Motorola's phone sales including the Bionic come from an investment group called Jefferies. Why would they care about driving traffic to StreetInsider.com?

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Last I checked, September is in Q3...... I know a reference was made to start of "fiscal quarter" being Q4 (was a bit vague, I'm assuming they're referring to MMI's fiscal quarter), but the OP didn't reference anything about MMI's fiscal year, just that they were anticipating these new devices to help push strong sales. In a general statement like that, I would make the assumption that they're referring to Q3 of the calendar year, which we're in currently.

Sounds like it's just fueling the assumptions that the Bionic will be release around the late July/early Aug time frame we're all anticipating at this point, although the rumored 9/1 release date would clearly fall into their Q3 figures too.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
So they're estimating that three phones on various carriers will improve sales?

Damn we need those people leading our intelligence agencies. I mean, if they were in charge, Bin Laden woulda' been killed years ago.

It's not like any corporation ever has forecasted future losses before a quarter - or publicized them anyway, unless they're looking for a big government bailout if you catch my drift.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So they're estimating that three phones on various carriers will improve sales?

Damn we need those people leading our intelligence agencies. I mean, if they were in charge, Bin Laden woulda' been killed years ago.

It's not like any corporation ever has forecasted future losses before a quarter - or publicized them anyway, unless they're looking for a big government bailout if you catch my drift.

Ha so true. They seem like some real Einsteins. i mean next they will be saying that if you don't spend your money you will be richer lol. I mean pretty much anytime a company makes something new especially in the realm of three new super-phones they are going to make good profit.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante