Upgrading from...

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible...I had the blackberry tour but I paid full retail for my incredible on the day that it came out...best phone I have ever had but at the same time it is time for the future and i am hoping the future is sooner (8/4) rather than later (9/1)

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
i also have a touch pro 2 and still using it. some days i feel like throwing it on the ground as hard as i can because its so slow and it freezes up on me all the time. i've been due for an upgrade since May. This forum has been helping me to become patient. Hearing the latest rumors for the Bionic keeps me excited and leaving me with the imagination of owning a bad**s phone soon. Where the f are you Bionic??

I feel your pain! I've been "rocking" (LOL) a Touch Pro2 for a while now. :( I originally upgraded from a KRZR to a Samsung WinMo "world phone".....can't remember what they called it because it was junk and VZW even quit carrying it when I was having tons of issues with it. I originally went with it because I wasn't sold on the touchscreen phones (yeah, I know....silly me), but the Samsung had a BB style full QWERTY keyboard candybar form factor that I liked at the time, plus it had what I thought at the time was a pretty slick "optical mouse" type of directional pad. I used that ALL the time rather than the small little touchscreen that the phone actually had. But like I mentioned, the phone was junk and kept having MAJOR issues with it during the first year, so VZW finally let me switch to something else, but the only options they gave me (without having to pay more) were either the HTC Ozone or some other crap phone. I was really trying to move to a Droid Eris at the time, but they told me I HAD to stay with a WinMo phone since that's what I had. I told them neither of the options they were giving me were "comparable" since my Samsung had a touch screen (even though it was small) and the Ozone and other option didn't have touch screens. They finally saw my point and the only option was the TouchPro2. It hasn't been a terrible phone from a hardware perspective. Just ready to get with the times and move over to a nice new Android phone!

DJCBlue

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Still sporting a Moto Cliq. Thank goodness for CM7 or I would have encased my phone in a cement block and dropped it in a lake somewhere by now.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading from a Droid Charge which I got at Costco. My 90 day exchange is up on August 23rd so I am hoping the Bionic comes out soon! If not, then I'll just sell the Charge for close to $400 and buy the Bionic outright.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Og droid and this f'n thing has got to go. I'm sick of getting picked on by my idouce having friends. I have to battery pull a few times a day and oh yeah I cracked my screen last week. So motorola Verizon or whoever is keeping this thing under wraps let's pick up the pace because I'm ready to throw this phone across the room

Haha I feel you, my brother has a Eris and it blows lol. Super slow!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha I feel you, my brother has a Eris and it blows lol. Super slow!

It's true. Even after rooting, flashing CM, overclocking, etc. the thing is still junk. Hard to believe the same company came out with the Nexus One shortly after the Eris.

whiteth

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's true. Even after rooting, flashing CM, overclocking, etc. the thing is still junk. Hard to believe the same company came out with the Nexus One shortly after the Eris.

Also updating from the short lived Droid Eris. Was flat broke when I bought it and had to choose between the Eris or Droid 1. Wallet dictated that choice. Has served me well but definitely ready for something that doesn't take me 30 seconds to open an app. :)

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
BB Tour :( It somehow knows I'm upgrading to the Bionic soon so its just adding insult to injury. If I even so much as touch the headphone jack while my earbuds are plugged in it will automatically activate the voice command prompt and turn off my music :mad:

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a question for all you moto guys that are looking to upgrade from the OG Droid. From what I've read, the best thing about Motorola phones is their hardware, yet I have read through this thread and see a LOT of complaints about just that. Screens not working, issues charging, etc.

This may not be a perfect analogy, but it sounds a lot like American cars vs. Japanese cars as far as initial quality vs. long-term quality.

My old Oldsmobile ran great if not better than my Nissan when they were both brand new, but as they both got older, the Nissan continued to run great, while the Oldsmobile starting having issues.

The reason I bring this up is because, as I've mentioned before, I'm an HTC Incredible user, and this phone is just as awesome (maybe even better thanks to CM7) as the day I got it, with no hardware issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

It's entirely possible that it's just because of the small sample size in this thread, and I could be way off base, but it's a point I thought could be valid.

I'd love some feedback/response to this from the moto guys here, as I'm still not 100% certain I want the Bionic.

Tyyyy

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a question for all you moto guys that are looking to upgrade from the OG Droid. From what I've read, the best thing about Motorola phones is their hardware, yet I have read through this thread and see a LOT of complaints about just that. Screens not working, issues charging, etc.

This may not be a perfect analogy, but it sounds a lot like American cars vs. Japanese cars as far as initial quality vs. long-term quality.

My old Oldsmobile ran great if not better than my Nissan when they were both brand new, but as they both got older, the Nissan continued to run great, while the Oldsmobile starting having issues.

The reason I bring this up is because, as I've mentioned before, I'm an HTC Incredible user, and this phone is just as awesome (maybe even better thanks to CM7) as the day I got it, with no hardware issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

It's entirely possible that it's just because of the small sample size in this thread, and I could be way off base, but it's a point I thought could be valid.

I'd love some feedback/response to this from the moto guys here, as I'm still not 100% certain I want the Bionic.

I think its more of a case of those who have issues speaking up in this thread than the majority of the population. Because they are the people more inclined to NEED this phone to come out. I have had the droid from launch day and this thing has had rom after rom flashed on it and its still chugging along like a champ. Its still quick, smooth, the screen gives me zero problems. Only drawback is the ram which isn't an issue from how old it is. I beat the crap out of this phone. Have ran it at 1.2ghz for almost 8 months straight and still responds to everything I throw at it. I'm ready for a new phone but the difference is I don't need one. This thread seems like it only will pull those with phones giving them problems so I don't think you can take a sample population from it as its not only og droid owners as well.

Reactions: Asterdroid

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading from an Incredible up from an OG. I really want another Moto phone, I miss having a phone with Motorola's build quality and the Incredible is definitely lacking in this department.

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
OG Droid. My NE2 became available on the 6th and LTE is supposed to go active here tomorrow, so I can't wait to get something new. My OG Droid freezes and has problems all the time (no custom ROMS), so I'm a little worried about doing another Motorola phone.

zendevar

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
enV Touch :(

I'm so sorry. I went through three new enV Touches in a week a while ago. Random reboots, turning off, screen locking...it was terrible.

Eventually got the BB Storm1, which has made it this long, but it's on its last leg. I'm doing frequent battery pulls, and the GPS is all but shot. The Bionic can't come out soon enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma