Found Page Where Bionic Is Likely to Land

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I spent an inordinate amount of time going through Verizon's Droid Does website structure around two weeks ago (or whenever it was that the Droid 3 was released), and came across the XML files they use to populate the flash movies they have on the website. I am fairly certain that the details for the Droid 3 were there before it was announced (it was unofficially released Wednesday night and I saw it there Wednesday morning). If anyone wants to check them out they are here:

http://www.droiddoes.com/xml/droid_bionic.xml
http://www.droiddoes.com/xml/sitemodel.xml
http://www.droiddoes.com/xml/navigation.xml

The first one is dead, but I assume that's where it would go when it's live. The other two contains the XML data for all the Droids, so I assume that when it is ready to go on the website that will be the first place it is put. I wrote a program that monitors those two pages, and emails me if something in them changes. If anyone wants their email added to the list they can shoot me a pm.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Now we are on to something.. I was poking around droiddoes.com today, but couldn't find anything new.

Only semi cool thing I found was if you type in "www.verizonwireless.com/targa" you get redirected to the Bionic email page.

Hoping for some solid information soon........

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
I did something similar on VZW's site back when the Bionic mailing list had just appeared. This was much more fruitful than my source-code surfing however. Thanks for sharing!

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
That's sweet. Nice work. I did some source code searching a little bit after the sign up page went up on Verizon. The background image and bionic logo were dated (according to the image name at least) 07/08, which I think was the day that page went active.

But interestingly there was this link in the email sign up form:

var url = "http://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2011/06272011_bionic/?SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_DROID_BIONIC&LANGCODE=EN&EMAIL="+e;

Note the June 27 date. Not sure what that means, but it was a date in that. Could mean they were just working or completed the page at that point, but obviously anyone with more input is welcome. Couldn't find any secret hidden code sadly.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
That's sweet. Nice work. I did some source code searching a little bit after the sign up page went up on Verizon. The background image and bionic logo were dated (according to the image name at least) 07/08, which I think was the day that page went active.

But interestingly there was this link in the email sign up form:

Note the June 27 date. Not sure what that means, but it was a date in that. Could mean they were just working or completed the page at that point, but obviously anyone with more input is welcome. Couldn't find any secret hidden code sadly.

That date is most likely when the page was created. All that URL does is open up the mailing form. Unfortunately everything else on that domain is locked down. Some additional websites that I found that are locked down are stage2.droiddoes.com (which you need a username and password for), which looks to be the most promising in terms of information (which also makes it most probable that anyone hacking into it will be prosecuted :p) and droiddoes.com/phones .

Reactions: anon(392870)

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone pm'ing me their emails for inclusion: The best way I can do this is too add people in as I get the requests. Right now the best way I can think of confirming that you were added is to stop the program, add the emails in, and then restart it, sending out a confirmation email to all those in the program. I'll work on stopping that later tonight so that your inboxes don't get flooded. Also, if anyone wants me to take their email out, feel free to email me and say so :)

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Verizon knows how anxious everyone is for the Bionic. They had to have leaked this on purpose.

Reasoning? At any big corporation (I speak with the experience of three), you simply cannot release something like this in a production build. Things are checked out on the staging/QA/test environment well before production code and files are pushed and whatever shouldn't be there is always removed.

Furthermore, Verizon "accidentally zomg" leaks stuff like this all the time. Remember the "3...2...1.." and second T-Bolt commercial leaks on YouTube? The Droid 3 leaks a month ago? Etc.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Didn't we go over this with the Best Buy flyer?

I know, but there's much more than that.

It has the little marks around the text, common from adding text into a photo afterwards.

Much of the text is mis-aligned, blurrier than the rest, etc.

I'd happy to be proven wrong, but I really do not want to be trolled right now. Seriously. This is exactly why I left these forums and went to Android Forums, as I was trolled on my first post.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Phil is going to post something like that on the the front page to troll everyone and lose all credibility. My understanding is that he has pretty reliable sources.

Edit: Upon closer inspection (now that I'm on my laptop and not on my phone), it definitely looks suspect.

Last edited:

trsohmers

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I see that there is a scroll bar on the right hand side of the picture, which would infer it was taken within a browser... too bad we can't see the address bar. Do you think AC removed it?

Two guesses: Maybe Android Central's watermark is throwing the analysis off... or maybe because that version of DroidDoes.com isn't done or published yet, they are still working on it and using Photoshop and then exporting it to Flash? I don't really know.