Found Page Where Bionic Is Likely to Land

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I usually use the flamingturtle/crossover-intakevalve/#69 frappe' method when I design custom webpages. You guys should really try it :D

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
lol. I can say with 100 percent certainty that it wasn't done by me or anyone I know. It was sent to me.

I figured you wouldn't go and do that... :)

Whomever did send it (or you) blurred/grayed out the full URL. I'm guessing since you bothered posting it, the sender is a trusted source then? Is there any light you can shed on this w/out compromising your sources?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I figured you wouldn't go and do that... :)

Whomever did send it (or you) blurred/grayed out the full URL. I'm guessing since you bothered posting it, the sender is a trusted source then? Is there any light you can shed on this w/out compromising your sources?

Not really. You know what we know. If the tipster misled us, then we've all been duped.

Reactions: SnydersWeb

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As I said above they are not making a new flash; there is already a template and all they would be doing is plugging in the new images.

I understand the point completely, but you're trying to use rationality to explain what I was saying was an inherently irrational situation to please execs in a lot of circumstances. I don't know if you've ever worked for a Fortune 500 company before, but there often times is A LOT of bureaucracy.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
As I said above they are not making a new flash; there is already a template and all they would be doing is plugging in the new images.

I understand the point completely, but you're trying to use rationality to explain what I was saying was an inherently irrational situation to please execs in a lot of circumstances. I don't know if you've ever worked for a Fortune 500 company before, but there often times is A LOT of bureaucracy.

Not to mention doing many things that are completely counter to what logic says you should do to please the 'powers that be'

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Lmao, it doesn't even have to be a fortune 500 company. Half the time companies want it done yesterday so you sweep the crap under the rug, and make it look pretty. Then when when they leave, you make it functional and pretty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Are you referring to the pages that I found or to the new allegedly real photo of the Bionic? Because if you are referring to my pages, I can assure you that this is not a leak of any kind. These are the XML files used to populate the flash movies on droiddoes.com. Without these files, if one were to go to droiddoes.com all they would see is a blank screen.
I am referring to the XML. They have since then taken down the XML files but those wouldn't have been on the server in the first place. They seem to have been "slipping up" quite often recently and I doubt it was all accidental.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am referring to the XML. They have since then taken down the XML files but those wouldn't have been on the server in the first place. They seem to have been "slipping up" quite often recently and I doubt it was all accidental.

The XML files are most certainly not down. Feel free to check the links. If you're referring to the Droid Bionic link, then that was never live; I'm just speculating that that is going to be the page where it is.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

I shall concede to those with experience :) I've only ever worked for myself

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, just a little update. This program logs everything that it does, and for the past 2 nights, my logs are showing me an error where the Web Client that I use to check the page says that it cannot locate droiddoes.com. These errors occur for around 2 minutes and then it is able to find it again. Both times the errors occured over a span of 2 minutes or so. I have had this program running since the Droid 3 was released and I have never encountered this error before. This can mean two things:

1. My internet connection was dropped. However likely this is (I'm running a crap connection from cablevision through wifi from 3 floors away :( ), I find it weird that it occurred at almost the same time, and that I've never received this error since I've started running the program. Also, I would have other applications failing on me, and they didn't. Which leads me to...

2. Droiddoes.com was taken offline for 2 minutes at a low traffic time (ranging between late 11:00 PM and 12:30 AM) two days in a row in order to do site maintenance which may or may not be Droid Bionic related. Here's to hoping for the former :)

OK, looks like it was just a bad connection to my router x)

Last edited:

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so at this time the night the Droid 3 was for sale there was already info for it in the XML. I won't say for sure, but it looks like it aint gonna be here tonight/tomorrow.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so at this time the night the Droid 3 was for sale there was already info for it in the XML. I won't say for sure, but it looks like it aint gonna be here tonight/tomorrow.

What a shame. I'm probably gonna be staying up anyway, although I won't get my hopes up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87