Droid Bionic price page up

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So on androidcentral.coms home page you see a picture of the droid bionic with pricing. Where is that from?

Can't find it. or is that fake all together?

edit: nvm says its a leaked page. got my hopes up for nothing

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe they delayed the device this long to go to this.

Great device, but is about as competitive as the old one would have been before....

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that the D3 is already on BOGO? So is the X2. Are they pushing this stuff out to make way for the Bionic in a couple of weeks?

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The leaked bionic specs are no shocker. But 299.99 are you kidding me??? Vz has some balls nickel and diming like that. they should be so lucky to sell any at 199.99. Definitely sticking with my d3 the bionic specs are not worth 299.99.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Starting to really wonder if I want to wait for this phone anymore.. $300 (well like $270 with my upgrade, big deal =\ ) is a lot for a phone that has so much going against it from the get-go.. the moto-blur stuff that everyone complains about (I'm coming from blackberry so bear with me), the pentile screen that isn't up to par with the competition, the battery life which, lets face it, is not going to be very good with 4g.. Plus I feel like I'll be able to use wifi so much that I wonder if I really will need the 4g so bad, at least with this generation of phones.

So I'm wondering if I should just grab the droid3 and be happy with it, I know its going to have a lot of the negatives I mentioned above but its half the price (maybe even free...my buddy just got one before they put up the BOGO deal so he might be able to go back and get another...)..

Can someone give me some encouragement to hold out and drop the cash for bionic or does my thinking seem rational enough? If I do wait for bionic I'm going to be giving it some CLOSE scrutiny especially battery life in the first 2 weeks and if it ain't worth the price I'm sure I'll end up returning it and getting the d3 anyway...

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Starting to really wonder if I want to wait for this phone anymore.. $300 (well like $270 with my upgrade, big deal =\ ) is a lot for a phone that has so much going against it from the get-go.. the moto-blur stuff that everyone complains about (I'm coming from blackberry so bear with me), the pentile screen that isn't up to par with the competition, the battery life which, lets face it, is not going to be very good with 4g.. Plus I feel like I'll be able to use wifi so much that I wonder if I really will need the 4g so bad, at least with this generation of phones.

So I'm wondering if I should just grab the droid3 and be happy with it, I know its going to have a lot of the negatives I mentioned above but its half the price (maybe even free...my buddy just got one before they put up the BOGO deal so he might be able to go back and get another...)..

Can someone give me some encouragement to hold out and drop the cash for bionic or does my thinking seem rational enough? If I do wait for bionic I'm going to be giving it some CLOSE scrutiny especially battery life in the first 2 weeks and if it ain't worth the price I'm sure I'll end up returning it and getting the d3 anyway...

Sure I can give you some...

Your main complaints are:
  1. Motobur
  2. Pentile
  3. Battery Life
  4. Price

#1 and #2 are exactly the same on the D3. So basically, your big issue is that Battery Life and Price. It's $100 more for a Bionic. Yes, it's more, but remember you're likely to be using this phone for 2 years, so if 1.5 years from now having LTE is a big deal to you then why not spend the extra $100? To some it might be a big difference, but it's $100 over two years, pay for the phone that has a longer longevity.

Hope this helps or that you're happy with whatever phone you choose! :)

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Photon is going for $100.00 cheaper and it's the same phone. Thank you Verizon for nickel and diming your customers. It's much appreciated.

I am skeptical of the screenie though. What a surprise huh ? :)

90gsx

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Fake

The bottom left side of the phone is curved more then the right side, the screen is not even centered on the phone.

various other defects...

I could have done a better job using ms paint

bardol

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So not to be a downer or anything, but I'm trying to be critical of any "leaked" info that's been dropped on the Bionic and this looks a little suspicious to me. Go to the Droid Does page and look at the Droid Charge page.

Almost everything is in the exact same position as the DROID Bionic page, which at first glance would seem normal. However look at the white movie slider towards the bottom. On every other phone such as the DROID X2 or DROID 3 the features are in different positions on that slider. The Droid Bionic instead is in the exact same places as the DROID Charge and only has HI-RES VIEWING swapped out for DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR and DEVICE OVERVIEW swapped out for WEBTOP.

I'm thinking this isn't even real, but I hope I'm wrong because I've been saving my upgrade for this phone since February. :mad:

modr0010

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
How is anyone surprised with this price tag? The Photon is not an LTE phone, hence not the same phone. Just grab it off Wirefly or Amazon.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Without getting a closer, more valid, look to see if it is photoshopped, I'm gonna say that it's photoshopped, if only because I just went on a frenetic search for any of the graphics or XML files that could possibly be used to make a flash movie which that picture is a screenshot of, and I found nothing. That being said, it would be extremely easy to photoshop that based off of a screenshot from one of the droid flash movies.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Its dual core 1 gig of ram, with a bad azz processdor. 2mp ffc is much better than the vga found on the photon, droid3 and should 8mp probably same improved camera droid 3. To me this phone is waaaay better than the charge and the charge is 299. I am more excited than ever. Why am I the only one that seems excited??? Y'all are confusing. Except CK, I knew he would be a debbie downer. :-[

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Fake

The bottom left side of the phone is curved more then the right side, the screen is not even centered on the phone.

various other defects...

I could have done a better job using ms paint

Seeing how it is a "leak" ever think its not finished? I mean I know you have to take everything with a grain of salt but clearly the page could and most likely will change before it is made live. Also of course it is shopped its not like they take a pic of the phone and put it up their they use generated images.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So not to be a downer or anything, but I'm trying to be critical of any "leaked" info that's been dropped on the Bionic and this looks a little suspicious to me. Go to the Droid Does page and look at the Droid Charge page.

Almost everything is in the exact same position as the DROID Bionic page, which at first glance would seem normal. However look at the white movie slider towards the bottom. On every other phone such as the DROID X2 or DROID 3 the features are in different positions on that slider. The Droid Bionic instead is in the exact same places as the DROID Charge and only has HI-RES VIEWING swapped out for DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR and DEVICE OVERVIEW swapped out for WEBTOP.

I'm thinking this isn't even real, but I hope I'm wrong because I've been saving my upgrade for this phone since February. :mad:

Where is the Droid X2 on the side scroll bar of the phones too?

Reactions: bardol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz