Docs from a Verizon focus group [unconfirmed]

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
These got passed along via e-mail, supposedly from a Verizon focus group on the DB. Some of it doesn't quite add up though. Super AMOLED screen? Not seeing the "stunning design of thin KEvlar detailed with lines of diamond-cut spun chrome" ... at least in those Amazon pics."

Thoughts?

DB10001.jpg

DB20001.jpg

DB30001.jpg

DB40001.jpg

DB50001.jpg

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This really sounds like this would be from the SGS2. Super Amoled and 1.2 dual core. Thinnest and Lightest 4g phone?

If the BIONIC has all of that.....I'm definitely gonna need some clean underwear!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
This really sounds like this would be from the SGS2. Super Amoled and 1.2 dual core. Thinnest and Lightest 4g phone?

If the BIONIC has all of that.....I'm definitely gonna need some clean underwear!

Yeah. That's the direction I'm leaning, too.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
a quarter inch thick? That must be wishful thinking. That's only 6.35mm. The slide out screen part of my OGD is 5mm thick. That would be insane. Maybe this is a leak from MDB228 from the year 2014 cuz that's not happening anytime soon. lol.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That would be a pretty amazing device. It also looks to be claiming to be a world phone with 11 antennas? Really? I will just say it now - FAKE -- yeah I went there. But this does make one salivate for the future. If that future was only now.

EDIT: I note it doesn't mention Android anywhere :) lol.. maybe its not even an Android fantasy phone?

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree. This sounds like the Galaxy S II. If this truly was the Bionic I wouldn't even think about it, it would be mine. No doubt. If this is truly a Verizon phone then this should be pointing to the SGSII launching on big red. Interesting. Thanks Phil!

Reactions: anon(368121)

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
As most have stated, it sounds like the GSII. And, if so, the most interesting part, to me, is the mention of 4G/LTE. There are rumors flying both ways on whether the GSII has or doesn't have 4G/LTE. If it does (as these documents allude to, if in fact it is the GSII), then that's a game changer for many people.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The documents basically describe a dream device for me. Although I guess that's what a focus group is supposed to come up with. As many of those here, I'm weighing the Bionic and the GSII as one or the other will be my next phone. And the features described in the documents seem to capture the best of both (at least as far as we know them). Performance aside, the biggest thing IMO that the GSII has over the Bionic is the screen, and the biggest thing the Bionic has over the GSII is 4G/LTE. Now, if a single device were to have both, then that's combining the best of both and creating a beast of a device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995