Massive Stretch, But Possible 8/11 Release

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, first up this is a massive stretch so no flames please. I was looking at this article (If the DROID Bionic Ends Up Being Verizon’s Version of the Motorola Photon 4G, Will You Be Disappointed? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) which happened to have a big picture of the Photon front and center. You can see in the mid-left of the picture, a tweet from Scott Wilke that says "Tomorrow is our big launch - wish me luck everyone." A quick search of Scott Wilke took me to his linkedin page (Scott Wilke | LinkedIn) where it says that he is a product manager for Motorola Mobile Devices and has been at that position for 16 years (essentially a senior employee). Now if you look at the top left, the data is Thursday, August 11th. Assuming the Photon is released on July 31st, could this possibly be the release of the Bionic. After all, you would think that they would have someone who has been with their company for a while handle what should be a very important product for Motorola.

Anybody have comments or opinions on this? I still feel that its a bit of a stretch, and perhaps even a little prank from Motorola.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, first up this is a massive stretch so no flames please. I was looking at this article (If the DROID Bionic Ends Up Being Verizon?s Version of the Motorola Photon 4G, Will You Be Disappointed? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) which happened to have a big picture of the Photon front and center. You can see in the mid-left of the picture, a tweet from Scott Wilke that says "Tomorrow is our big launch - wish me luck everyone." A quick search of Scott Wilke took me to his linkedin page (Scott Wilke | LinkedIn) where it says that he is a product manager for Motorola Mobile Devices and has been at that position for 16 years (essentially a senior employee). Now if you look at the top left, the data is Thursday, August 11th. Assuming the Photon is released on July 31st, could this possibly be the release of the Bionic. After all, you would think that they would have someone who has been with their company for a while handle what should be a very important product for Motorola.

Anybody have comments or opinions on this? I still feel that its a bit of a stretch, and perhaps even a little prank from Motorola.

Possible set up for a future Dan Brown novel?

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
lol I haven't seen any religious symbology yet, but I'll keep looking ;p

Haha good point. I was just saying you may be looking too much into something, although I respect the enthusiasm. I think it might just be coincidental, however. :/ I do think the 11th is a more realistic date than the 4th.

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Haha good point. I was just saying you may be looking too much into something, although I respect the enthusiasm. I think it might just be coincidental, however. :/ I do think the 11th is a more realistic date than the 4th.

ditto, but here's to hoping!

Realistically probably more like the 11th or the 18th

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Jesus, does a day go by where Kellex doesn't post the same junk over and over and over again? Not sure what makes him any different from every other search-bot-hungry website out there but man is it getting annoying.

In any case, your theory actually holds some value, thanks for sharing.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I do not think this will be the case. While it's fun to think about, back in my Blackberry days, we always looked at these on-screen dates as the release date yet it never came to fruition. But hey, I hope you're right!

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From what I keep seeing on various sites it may be September. But that might be ok since we should get to see the s2 by then.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Any hopes I was clinging on to for a 7/28 Pre-Order just went out the window with the official word from Verizon Today : Verizon Makes It Official, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 With 4G LTE Launches This Thursday - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Maybe next week we will see similar news about the Bionic for a 8/4 release or pre-order.
That means nothing. Literally nothing. Sure, we probably won't see pre-orders hit Thursday, but them launching the Tab 10.1 has nothing to do with that. All they have to do for the Droid Bionic pre-order is throw it up on their website at 11pm at night lol

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Ugh....another massive stretch and another possible date...

I may be the next cassualty of waiting and not knowing. I've been waiting since I cracked the screen of my Storm 2 in April. My upgrade date has come and gone and I don't think I can wait it out any longer. I'm going to find myself grabbing an X2 or a Charge....

I'm tired of this silly nonsense. What do I owe Moto if they can't even have the decency of giving a firm release date. Why should I spend 300 bucks on a phone when the company feels they can just drag you around. I'm just not so sure that this thing's going to be worth all this wait....or checking this site 4 times a day in the mean time.

I think I've had it.....sorry to say. Best Buy here I come....

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ugh....another massive stretch and another possible date...

I may be the next cassualty of waiting and not knowing. I've been waiting since I cracked the screen of my Storm 2 in April. My upgrade date has come and gone and I don't think I can wait it out any longer. I'm going to find myself grabbing an X2 or a Charge....

I'm tired of this silly nonsense. What do I owe Moto if they can't even have the decency of giving a firm release date. Why should I spend 300 bucks on a phone when the company feels they can just drag you around. I'm just not so sure that this thing's going to be worth all this wait....or checking this site 4 times a day in the mean time.

I think I've had it.....sorry to say. Best Buy here I come....

Only 4 times a day? Man you have it easy... :)

Alas, I too am tiring of this. I hope when I return from travel on Aug 8 I have some good news to come back to!

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Realistically probably more like the 11th or the 18th

The 18th is the probably last possible release date for a while. After that I would say 9/22 is the next feasible date. Usually the iphone will have about a month to itself without any other high-end phones being released in that same period.

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sick of waiting for this phone! Had it been released before the summer sure I'd be all over it, but now I might wait a little longer and see how this phone will be out dated quickly or its a glitchy mess!

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
That means nothing. Literally nothing. Sure, we probably won't see pre-orders hit Thursday, but them launching the Tab 10.1 has nothing to do with that. All they have to do for the Droid Bionic pre-order is throw it up on their website at 11pm at night lol

Ive been wrong before But I just can not see Verizon not having some kind of Campaign for the Bionic, The first Dual Core LTE Phone, they would be foolish not to announce this thing. (wait is my argument that VZW wouldn't do something foolish)? Okay scratch that. There will be no marketing campaign for the first dual core LTE phone to hit verizon.....:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance