Possible Picture Confirming 8/4?

sfay93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks legit to enough to me. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I really want to see this Aug 4th date be a reality.

Even more so now that I know LTE is coming to Omaha on the 18th. :)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I cant get to that file from work... :(

edit:
Looked at it from my phone. Can't tell. If its an internal VZW email/intranet posting than someone else should be able to confirm it is real. If no one confirms, its fake.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Read the last paragraph. Retail stores should start receiving on 7/29....retail stores should be receiving by 8/1/.... Unfortunately I say fake.

EDIT:

Apparently, I can't read well enough. Thanks to those who pointed out the display/live model text.

Last edited:

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Read the last paragraph. Retail stores should start receiving on 7/29....retail stores should be receiving by 8/1/.... Unfortunately I say fake.
I noticed this as well. Maybe it means stores will start to receive them on 7/29 and will all should have then by 8/1?

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
The bold font stating "Get ready for the Droid Bionic by Motorola! It's coming in August!" seems to be phrased in a way that I can't really take seriously. Given, I know nothing about how Motorola addresses their phones internally, it seems written in a way to induce excitement from consumers. Hard to tell either way, though.

Edit:

A very valid point.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site

it says display models (i.e. the ones everybody plays with on display) on 7/29 and retail units (i.e. the ones in boxes to sell) 8/1

I cant get to that file from work... :(

here you go:
eGcwh.jpg

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The bold font stating "Get ready for the Droid Bionic by Motorola! It's coming in August!" seems to be phrased in a way that I can't really take seriously. Given, I know nothing about how Motorola addresses their phones internally, it seems written in a way to induce excitement from consumers. Hard to tell either way, though.

I don't know about Moto or Verizon but I worked for a large national electronics retailer not too long ago and a lot of our internal stuff was written like that. It is designed to hype the employees so they can be as excited if not more so than the consumer.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It is most likely fake. We need to use the 2 week rule. They want to do pre-orders for this phone, so the August 4th is way too soon.

Most big phone releases have a 2 week pre-order time frame with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol