Not only September release, but the phone looks like the droid 1

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not only September release, but the phone looks like the droi

Oh I don't mind the lip, I think it looks fine. My droid has one so I like it for better support holding the phone.

It isn't the looks that I'm worried about with the lip. It's the functionality.

My HTC Incredible is 100% flat and I can flick off the sides without my fingers getting caught/gummed up in the lip.

The lip will be a large hindrance to my touch screen scrolling - that is why I never purchased a case because it adds that lip.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure that lip is raised above the screen? Otherwise I don't see how it effects scrolling at all.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

It isn't the looks that I'm worried about with the lip. It's the functionality.

My HTC Incredible is 100% flat and I can flick off the sides without my fingers getting caught/gummed up in the lip.

The lip will be a large hindrance to my touch screen scrolling - that is why I never purchased a case because it adds that lip.

Are you referring to the slightly raised edges around the screen? I never heard that being to referred to as a lip, just the bottom of the phone.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

billion dollar company cant find a way to make a phone without a lip lol
either way still have to get this phone when it comes out b/c cant deal with no notification light in the gs2.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Idk the pic is really not clear enough to be sure... but it looks very much like the model seen in the car/desk dock thread:
http://i.imgur.com/ewhNE.jpg

In which case, doesn't seem like so much of a protruding 'lip' to me.

Reactions: cjsmoove

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

on the amazon pic it looks great, looks like the verizon logo is just on the bottom part of the phone
on this picture it looks like a droid 2 only bigger screen

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to the slightly raised edges around the screen? I never heard that being to referred to as a lip, just the bottom of the phone.

Yeah, I'm not sure why you guys are calling this a lip... Lips are only on sliders. It's when the bottom of the phone is longer than top part. This, my friends, is a "chin". xD A lot of phones have them, in fact, I'd say most phones do: Droid X, Nexus One, Thunderbolt...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure why you guys are calling this a lip... Lips are only on sliders. It's when the bottom of the phone is longer than top part. This, my friends, is a "chin". xD A lot of phones have them, in fact, I'd say most phones do: Droid X, Nexus One, Thunderbolt...

Exactly.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I guess we have different definitions of lips. I'm talking about the outer upper edge of the touch screen which appears to be raised - will be very annoying.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess we have different definitions of lips. I'm talking about the outer upper edge of the touch screen which appears to be raised - will be very annoying.

No, there is no different definition. It's what everyone's called it since back before you were probably into phones. Sorry if you didn't catch onto that. Now you know!

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

on the amazon pic it looks great, looks like the verizon logo is just on the bottom part of the phone
on this picture it looks like a droid 2 only bigger screen

That most recent "leaked" pic on DL to me doesn't really look like it has that chrome trim to it that the pics in the Amazon doc photos clearly had. I know this most recent photo is pretty dark and not focused all that great, so maybe that's why it doesn't look like it's the same to me. I kind of wonder if this is a "new" leaked pic but something that's probably been sitting around somewhere for a couple of months....maybe from around the same time as the previously leaked photos we had back in June.....

Just my observations though.....

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Damn, I loved the original design. Motorola, just stick with designs that worked in the past....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Lip, Chin, whatever...have we stooped so low that we can post 3 pages about this item? How about worrying when the damn phone is being released; then you can argue all you want! :)

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

My question them is: Why are you willing to disclose information about the SGSII, but not the Bionic?

excellent point! not a clue... maybe it's because the GS2 is closer to launch than the Bionic (which would lend credence to the rumors that GS2 is coming Aug, and Bionic in Sep)???

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

excellent point! not a clue... maybe it's because the GS2 is closer to launch than the Bionic (which would lend credence to the rumors that GS2 is coming Aug, and Bionic in Sep)???

I called it. LTE AND launching before the Bionic......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae