so hard to say goodbye bionic!

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm saying it now, the preorder will start last week of September and you will not have it until early October lol! Moto just keeps shooting themselves in the foot IMO.

nimazahir

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm saying it now, the preorder will start last week of September and you will not have it until early October lol! Moto just keeps shooting themselves in the foot IMO.
How do you know this? It said coming this summer which ends on the 22nd of september. Unless they delay it again Sams club will have it by 9/1

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
*sigh* I have an upgrade available right now. My OG Droid is lagging along like nobody's business, and I need a new phone. I, as everyone else, was going to buy the Bionic if it dropped August 4th, but that seems to be just a wish now.

Question is: Use the upgrade and get a D3 now, wait a month, use the upgrade and get the Bionic, or wait 3+ months and get that tasty Nexus Prime.

I'm not against buying a phone on list price. I just think my OG Droid is about to die.

why not find a D3 on ebay for a couple hundred to hold you over?

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you know this? It said coming this summer which ends on the 22nd of september. Unless they delay it again Sams club will have it by 9/1

Sam's Club's leak said 'Pushed to September' not 9/1 . Kellex just said '-this sounds like 9/1 could be the release.'

Has anyone taken into consideration that 9/1 is a Holiday weekend and no one will be buying phones? It's like the July 4th release date. No company is gonna launch a phone on or before a major holiday weekend. So expect this phone mid September at the earliest.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sam's Club's leak said 'Pushed to September' not 9/1 . Kellex just said '-this sounds like 9/1 could be the release.'

Has anyone taken into consideration that 9/1 is a Holiday weekend and no one will be buying phones? It's like the July 4th release date. No company is gonna launch a phone on or before a major holiday weekend. So expect this phone mid September at the earliest.
Why does it matter if its a holiday weekend? I would still buy it regardless and I don't think it hurts anything by releasing it then.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X is chugging along just fine I'll wait til it comes out. I'm hoping this extra time Moto will get all the kinks out. I laugh at all the I just gotta have it know posts.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Why does it matter if its a holiday weekend? I would still buy it regardless and I don't think it hurts anything by releasing it then.

Because most consumers (unlike us enthusiasts who don't even account for 10% of their sales) whom have the money to drop on a brand new phone without thinking about it are going to go on vacation that week/weekend and they could potentially lose a ton of initial sales. It's just not smart marketing. Not that Motorola seems to be wise in the marketing department.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Because most consumers (unlike us enthusiasts who don't even account for 10% of their sales) whom have the money to drop on a brand new phone without thinking about it are going to go on vacation that week/weekend and they could potentially lose a ton of initial sales. It's just not smart marketing. Not that Motorola seems to be wise in the marketing department.

It's not going to affect the overall sales. I just read an article saying Moto has been developing their own LTE chip rather than using Qualcomm's like everyone else. This is the main reason for the later launch. I, for one, definitely prefer this if it can get stronger 4G signals and not drop it as much as the Qualcomm. Here I get anywhere between 3MB-9MB. It fluctuates so much.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
It's not going to affect the overall sales. I just read an article saying Moto has been developing their own LTE chip rather than using Qualcomm's like everyone else. This is the main reason for the later launch. I, for one, definitely prefer this if it can get stronger 4G signals and not drop it as much as the Qualcomm. Here I get anywhere between 3MB-9MB. It fluctuates so much.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
That would be one more reason not to get the phone. I do not want to be a beta tester for a new Moto LTE chip, especially when they never designed an LTE chip before.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Problem that I have with the delay is that by the time this phone comes out the specs will no longer be that impressive. With the bad things I hear about the so so PenTile screens moto is using and only using the OMAP4 that is in the Droid 3 is kind of disappointing. Of course they are rumors and it could become official with some specs that could surprise us all but at this point I doubt it, especially with the rumors of the Atrix replacement with an actual 720p screen. The Bionic would have been a beast and top tier launched now but yet another month or 2 away with the rumored specs not so much. If it ends up launching with the OMAP 4440 or 4460 and better screen than the Droid 3/X2 I would still be sold on it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm officially saying "bye-bye" to the Bionic. Even if the GSII hits with 3G I'll probably buy that because it's likely to hit in August. Either way, I'll most likely sell it for the Nexus Prime. I hope that can be a phone I keep for more than a year.

Goodbye, Bionic. It was nice lusting after you for 8 months.

ltfrazer

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll get whichever of the dual core, 4G phones from Verizon hits first. My Droid 1 won't last much longer and has been available for upgrade since last Dec. I am very tired of "waiting just one more month" !

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
That would be one more reason not to get the phone. I do not want to be a beta tester for a new Moto LTE chip, especially when they never designed an LTE chip before.

I wouldn't say that is completely true. Moto has definitely played around with the Qualcomm chip and could be making improvements based upon that. You're going to be a beta tester regardless, this is Qualcomm's first LTE chip as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1