Why give up on the Bionic?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Why are people saying that they are giving up on the Bionic? People are complaining about "all the delays" but there has been exactly 1 delay. Any other perceived delays are because people are guessing based upon unconfirmed information from questionable sources. And it seems like any time a date is "leaked" everyone jumps on it and then complains of a delay when that date passed. Again, there has been exactly 1 delay. Now people are ready to jump onto other phones that we know nothing about except for potential names. No specs, no release dates, nothing. I can understand the people who are now saying they will wait and see, but i don't understand jumping off ship on a phone that has only been delayed once and planning on getting a phone that they don't even know the name of.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Never said I was giving up entirely. Its still on my list but want to make sure that with what is being said be it true or not about nexus I do all my research on what will be out around that time so I can make a good decision that will last my 2 years till my next upgrade. Besides I can see reviews and let the first bugs get worked out :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I, for one, am not complaining or "giving up"... but I just hate my current phone so much that I don't know if I can wait til september for the bionic. I'm sure it will be a great phone... Like I wish I could come up with some unexpected cash so I could get something to hold me over til then, lol.

As Louis CK would say, everyone here (myself included) is suffering from 'white people problems.'

Reactions: pwninobrlan

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Why are people saying that they are giving up on the Bionic? People are complaining about "all the delays" but there has been exactly 1 delay. Any other perceived delays are because people are guessing based upon unconfirmed information from questionable sources. And it seems like any time a date is "leaked" everyone jumps on it and then complains of a delay when that date passed. Again, there has been exactly 1 delay. Now people are ready to jump onto other phones that we know nothing about except for potential names. No specs, no release dates, nothing. I can understand the people who are now saying they will wait and see, but i don't understand jumping off ship on a phone that has only been delayed once and planning on getting a phone that they don't even know the name of.

Every release we see this happen. Regardless of delays or not. People will wait for a phone, then hear rumors of another phone and decide to wait 2-3 months longer for that one. Every 4-6 months a better phone comes out and history repeats itself once again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reactions: geekconnection

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Im not giving up, but rather find my self the opportunity to weigh my options better. The Bionic is on my short list, but it may be in my best interest to consider other devices that may be released at the same time.

If the Bionic was released today, it would be mine now.

Its just bad timing for Moto.

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
lets be honest... I will venture the guess that 90-95% of people reading this thread haven't actually "given up." They are just pissed that we have to continue to wait. Aug. 4th has always been speculation and not fact, but that doesn't stop people from dreaming that it might be true.

And I don't know about everyone else, but the Bionic has never been my only choice. I'm not so foolish that I wouldn't do my research on my other options. I'm sure I speak for more than just myself in saying that in the next month I will be closely watching the GS2, the Bionic, and the Prime to figure out what my next phone will be. At a minimum I will wait for the Bionic to be released so I can compare it to the SG2, and maybe if we're lucky we'll have some details on the Prime as well.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that people are frustrated because it's almost August and there's still no Dual Core LTE phone.

People are also sick of Motorola. They feel neglected and ignored so it's payback to boycott the phone.

Hell we don't even know if it is going to be encrypted or not. That is why I can't pre-order.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not giving up because of multiple delays. This one, pushed the phone's release till September. Now this phone would have been cool in June/July, early August at the latest... But September? Now other phones are being rumored. The Bionic missed it's chance to be King. I want to see what this Nexus Prime is all about. And f it comes out within it's projected timeframe, I wouldn't mind waiting 1 more month or 2 for a far superior phone to last me the next 2 years.

Now Bionic has a chance to save itself. It has never confirmed the specs, if the specs are something worth buying over the rumored specs of other phones soon to be available I might buy it.

But they're releasing this device too late. There's also a level of customer service involved, they're increased silence has put me off a bit and as a consumer I'm entitled to feel mistreated and that's no way to earn or retain a customer base. I think it shows poor qualities of a business and I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

But that's something all companies need to face one way or another and no one will ever be truly happy. IMO, Moto dropped the ball, and it's gonna cost them, I'm still keeping it on my wanted list but now they're competing against proposed and possibly superior devices. Sounds like they're playing a losing hand.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Moto announced that the Bionic was delayed for enhancements.

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I think that people are frustrated because it's almost August and there's still no Dual Core LTE phone.

People are also sick of Motorola. They feel neglected and ignored so it's payback to boycott the phone.

Hell we don't even know if it is going to be encrypted or not. That is why I can't pre-order.
Exactly!! All the other carriers can manage to release top notch phones in a timely manner, but the largest carrier in the US can't get it done.....Verizon always has and seems to be content being 6 months behind everyone else in regards to hardware.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not so upset because as much as i'd like a dual core LTE phone, i would hate one that singed a hole in my hand whenever I used it, or only got 30 minutes of battery life. I say get it right before you release it.
There's a reason VZW has the top network in the country. They test, test, test, and test some more. Everyone loves the benefits of being on the best network, but people seem so upset over the process that leads to the network being the best.
Can't win for losing I guess.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!! All the other carriers can manage to release top notch phones in a timely manner, but the largest carrier in the US can't get it done.....Verizon always has and seems to be content being 6 months behind everyone else in regards to hardware.

Biggest problem that Verizon faces with releasing top notch hardware is that they are currently the only ones with an LTE network. This network is still in its infancy and there are going to be issues. Would you rather them rush out the phones and they run like crap or would you rather them test them thoroughly so a good product can be put out? I really think Motorola just wants to make sure that they have a good product. If the phone was ready for release August 4th, I'm sure they would have released it then, but that's just not the way it happened. I don't see any other manufacturers releasing dual core LTE phones yet, so I don't know why Motorola is receiving so much hate.

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyones blaming this on verizon? verizon doesn't even know the release date I'm betting! Motorola are the ones making and improving the phone, verizon has nothing to do with the delay!

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyones blaming this on verizon? verizon doesn't even know the release date I'm betting! Motorola are the ones making and improving the phone, verizon has nothing to do with the delay!

I'm not blaming VZW or Moto. Blaming implies that one of them did something wrong, and to me having high standards and not releasing a device that doesn't meet those standards isn't doing anything wrong. In fact i applaud them both. They're taking a PR hit, but ensuring the phone is the best it can be. To me that's more important than getting it out quickly.

Reactions: robwilldominate

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it was the fact that due to the release being as late as it is, more options just recently presented themselves and how could you justify just blindly rushing in to buy something late in the game when within the next month or two the next generation will just be popping up. Hence, I now will be taking the wait and watch approach (heck I have waited this long, whats a month or two more) and do my research since more options are opening. Just not to long ago Bionic was the best thing going which made it an easy choice but because they waited too long to bring the next rendition of Bionic it now isn't the only show in town and requires more careful consideration than before since I need it to stack up for the next two.

mike8519

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The bionic will still be a good device, but with the month delay I feel like they missed their optimum window of opportunity. Provided we get some actual details on the prime and it is coming out in October, I am willing to wait the extra month for it.

Its either the Bionic or Nexus for me, provided no surprises come out of nowhere

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I want the bionic but if the gs2 comes out in august I will probably get it or I might wait till september for more options because I want to weigh the bionic as a option

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't given up, but if the Function beats the Bionic to the market, I will not be accountable for my actions. If they launch within 2 weeks of each other, I'll take a solid look at both...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084