Bionic, SGSII, Prime, now Vigor?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
In that case, we can already say that it's "Coming Soon" based on how things have gone this year. :)

Coming Soon, next summer...something better than what you have right now. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me lol. I could drop so much money trying to keep up with technology in anything these days.

spideymike

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been waaaaay overdue for a new phone upgrade since last November from Verizon. I've been eyeing the Bionic with great interest as well as an iPhone 5, but I'd be fine with a SGII as well (but man that rumoured name of the Samsung Function is just lame).

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been waaaaay overdue for a new phone upgrade since last November from Verizon. I've been eyeing the Bionic with great interest as well as an iPhone 5, but I'd be fine with a SGII as well (but man that rumoured name of the Samsung Function is just lame).

All three phones are so totally different; you aren't leaning one way or another? Do you want LTE, because that makes you decision easier since nether the iPhone or SGSII (most likely) will be LTE. The iPhone OS is also very different from Android...have you tried both of them to see what you like? My friend got a new iPhone and had me set it up and enter contacts and I really don't care for it...I didn't think it was intuitive at all...I'm used to a Storm2 and really like the BB logic, but the phones are behind the times for me, plus I want LTE.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its not Samsung.also it has been on the market over 5months.so even the specs are wicked its still old. And less we forget bionic isn't trying to be a iPhone
If you assume that SGSII is released with LTE, what would make it a better choice than the Bionic?

Sent from Tapatalk using Droid BionicX!

Reactions: greydarrah

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thats a personal thing but I say no WebTop bloat. They are mucking up their handsets with that nonsense. But thats just my opinion

Its not Samsung.also it has been on the market over 5months.so even the specs are wicked its still old. And less we forget bionic isn't trying to be a iPhone

Thanks for the replies. I'm not worried about any of the Moto bloat, as LPP will take care of smoothing out my UI and I'll be rooting/Titanium freezing the junk ASAP anyway. I've always had stellar experiences with Moto devices and I love their battery management. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything special by passing up the SGSII.

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I am done following the bionic sadly.... I'm tired of it. I'll see what is available on my birthday and have my gf buy it. Prime, thrive, or bionic I don't care I will just decide then

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
For me it's between the Bionic and the Vigor and I really want the Vigor but its probably more realistic to get the Bionic. Hopefully I can wait it out for the Bionic.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
For me it's between the Bionic and the Vigor and I really want the Vigor but its probably more realistic to get the Bionic. Hopefully I can wait it out for the Bionic.

Just saying, Motorola's phone will have way better battery life. The Vigor is a follow up to the Thunderbolt, let that name sit in your head for a few seconds and then think of an improved version of it. You can't really polish a turd. The Thunderbolt was probably rushed to market too early.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just saying, Motorola's phone will have way better battery life. The Vigor is a follow up to the Thunderbolt, let that name sit in your head for a few seconds and then think of an improved version of it. You can't really polish a turd. The Thunderbolt was probably rushed to market too early.
HTC is definitely not known for their battery life. I have a Thunderbolt and the battery life isn't good at all. Can't wait to get back to a Motorola device because I am not a fan of Samsung and their plastic phones without a notification LED.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

HTC is definitely not known for their battery life. I have a Thunderbolt and the battery life isn't good at all. Can't wait to get back to a Motorola device because I am not a fan of Samsung and their plastic phones without a notification LED.

Well the thunderbolt could have been a really great device and its not as bad as people make it but i don't mind the bad battery life of it battery life wont be a major factor for me. Also my epic has a led notification and i'm grateful but depending on the bionic i might just get that but i still might want to wait ill see at the time but my epic is still usable but it is slowing down but i can but ill have to see if i feel like it...

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Well the thunderbolt could have been a really great device and its not as bad as people make it but i don't mind the bad battery life of it battery life wont be a major factor for me. Also my epic has a led notification and i'm grateful but depending on the bionic i might just get that but i still might want to wait ill see at the time but my epic is still usable but it is slowing down but i can but ill have to see if i feel like it...

Grammar, please! :p

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Thunderbolt is great except battery life, Samsung phones are great except plastic designs, Motorola has a locked bootloader, etc. etc. Every manufacturer has something that everyone gripes about.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Let me correct you all manufacturers phones bootloaders are locked. Some are easier to crack then others.
Thunderbolt is great except battery life, Samsung phones are great except plastic designs, Motorola has a locked bootloader, etc. etc. Every manufacturer has something that everyone gripes about.

Reactions: El Jefe

nimazahir

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think some of the dates we saw will be pushed back, we havent heard anything about the Vigor(confirmed), the Prime I think will come in december at the earliest, probably January.

I only see the bionic and sgs2 coming by september and I am not going to wait for the vigor and let it be pushed back and then another better phone will be coming right around the corner. If the sgs2 has 4g I am going for it for sure, if not its the bionic for me. You guys?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
^Bionic for sure if the GS2 isnt 4G...if they are both 4G I need to see some reviews and real world use before making a decision. And I'm not talking about benchmarks..reception and battery life are 2 things I look for the most with my phones. Everything else comes 2nd. Reception always has me leaning towards Motorola.

IF, IF HTC improves battery life, doesnt ship it with a smallish battery the Vigor might be an amazing phone.

I agree with folks that say the Thunderbolt was rushed... just to be first too. And its funny folks still saying it woulda been better if the Bionic came out in May or June. If a later phone means a better phone....so be it.

I thought of something today....with the higher screen res...would they have to clock the gpu up some or use a better one to have better performance? Benchmarks of the Vigor will be interesting. Maybe thats why the cpu is 1.5...

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
So I have been thinking a lot about my choice in phone like most people on the forums. And I am slowly moving towards a decision, and most of you may not care about my personal decision since the only decision when it comes to phones that should matter is yours.

My current desires are a 4G LTE and I would prefer a dual core device. While none of this has been proven, I am starting to draw my own conclusions and pictures:

1) I don't want a slider/physical keyboard. I would think that the Stratosphere may be the 4G slider we saw a glimpse of a while back. CK pointed out that as recent as June that the name / device was registered. @P3Droid tweeted that he was not hearing the GSII was hitting Verizon (maybe just 3rd Q) and that we should not hold our breath for the device. @P3Droid later mentioned that might have been an unfair leap, but he did not expect it. Maybe I'm wrong, but then again, I am not in the know so I am just putting things I read from various sources together. BMPanda has noted so many times that the GSII is the best device he has used that not being able to compare it in the mix of current releases does seem a shame.

2) I'm not interested in an i-Phone. <-- This has been proven. The keys seem so small to my big paws (I mean fat fingers).

3) I guess I am currently labeled a Moto fanboy because I started with an OG Droid and then purchased outright a Droid X when I decided that I didn't want a keyboard. Im used to their less than colorful displays and when I went to check out the D3s screen it was pretty good. I didn't mind it. Sure I see the advantages of Super Amoled+, but its like my Vizio against a cutting edge Samsung TV. Unless next to each other, I wouldn't know their was a difference. But again - look at it and make a check on your list if you can live with it.

4) My OG Droid was rooted all the time with new ROMs and things going on by the minute. With the Droid X I obviously just rooted, but as time went on I stopped OCing and obviously with GB I stopped Tethering. Now I still use Ad suppressors and Bootstrappers (for backup images). So Root is still important to me. I might take the plunge on CM7 nighlies to see if there is still a desire to ROM it up.

5) @P3Droid recently noted that the build quality on the D3 was top notch. I have read several other comments on the D3 forums to note that. I say that because it is the "other" flagship model that I see for Motorola. My Moto's have held up well. In two years of usage I have never had to use insurance and have had a drop or two of the devices... they seem solid. I like that quality of build. My friends DINC2 seems solid too, and I actually like the design. I have never owned a true Sense phone (a ROM or two maybe), but Sense does seem really solid as overlays go.

With all this in mind - the Bionic still seems to fit my mold. Do I think Moto has been dragging on this one? Sure. Will it be worth the wait? Probably not. Will it still be a solid phone - absolutely. I hope they took this time to work the battery life issues out of it but only time will tell.

I guess in the end what I am trying to say is - step back and weigh the + and - of devices in September. I always want more power, more functions... but the reality says that I need to figure out what I would be happy with and enjoy it. It looks like the first gen of 4G LTE phones are up for replacement soon. I am not sure any phone is 2 year futureproof that we have any real understanding of that will be out this year. And while a pure Google phone may be more futureproof than other Android models, will Verizon allow it? Will it come out this year? Will it actually have rumored specs? Heck - Quad Core models in 2012! Course by then I will have been using my dual core for 1 year and enjoying the benefits of the phone.

So long story short - make a list of your real desires and make your choices on that. For me (sitting on my last NE2 discount), the Bionic should be a solid device.. and while no Prime.. its no slouch if you can live with those items that make it "not perfect in your mind".

Reactions: llocknload and jroc

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
^This almost mirrors me over the past year. With my Droid 1 I stopped running ROMs after Froyo came out. I just got bored with the ROM scene. Its so bad I have a GB ROM on my Droid 1...and didnt even know it...lol I never put the ROMs available on the DX1 on until Dec last year...

I say alot of what you're saying too too. One saying I use: The best phone is the phone that has the cons you can live with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01