September 8!!! (new leaked map)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
A level one release is considered a major release...you'll likely see preorder two weeks in advance...

Well that just made me happy. So we'll probably see a pre-order up 1-2 weeks (you're saying 2, I hope so. They really need to sell this phone, and a longer pre-order time will allow them to, because everyone will get locked in before any other phones are announced). Meaning all will be revealed by August 25th or September 1st. Well unless they don't extend that FCC contract :p

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
A level one release is considered a major release...you'll likely see preorder two weeks in advance...

I've never seen a Verizon phone with a two week preorder, or at least that I remember anyways. I find preorders at Verizon are kinda rare, or at least that's what I remember lol. I hope there is a two week preorder so we don't have to worry about being out of stock and some usually ship early (crosses fingers).

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a Verizon phone with a two week preorder, or at least that I remember anyways. I find preorders at Verizon are kinda rare, or at least that's what I remember lol. I hope there is a two week preorder so we don't have to worry about being out of stock and some usually ship early (crosses fingers).

Kind of like the Droid 3? Can call in and get it a few days earlier? ;) I'd very much like that lol.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

usually preorders happen a week before release but maybe they will do it a little before but even the iphone only had preorders a week before so I cant see it being any longer than it was for the iphone.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why this keeps being said - I've never seen a 2 week pre-order on Verizon - ever. In fact, the only actual "pre-order" I recall was for the iphone. For important releases, 1 week before the phone is available in stores, Verizon will sell the phone on the web or by calling customer service.

That is not to say that Verizon won't do something different this time, but this "preorder two weeks in advance" crap would be something totally new and different than what has happened in the past.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why this keeps being said - I've never seen a 2 week pre-order on Verizon - ever. In fact, the only actual "pre-order" I recall was for the iphone. For important releases, 1 week before the phone is available in stores, Verizon will sell the phone on the web or by calling customer service.

That is not to say that Verizon won't do something different this time, but this "preorder two weeks in advance" crap would be something totally new and different than what has happened in the past.

I knew I wasn't crazy lol

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay. My source, my sister in law, said bionic's launch date was September 15. And she said pre orders start August 23ish.

And I didn't even ask her about the bionic date today, she knows how much I want that phone. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay. My source, my sister in law, said bionic's launch date was September 15. And she said pre orders start August 23ish.

And I didn't even ask her about the bionic date today, she knows how much I want that phone. Lol

And she would know this, why? Just asking...

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Pre-Orders starting 3 weeks before In store Launch??? that would be awesome!!, therefore it can not be true... :'(

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Not disputing the release date claim, but definitely skeptical about the pre-orders. I've never seen Verizon do pre-orders more than a week in advance.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
iPhone was on pre-order for how long before it released? Anyone know?

Edit: disregard, just saw 1 week.

3 weeks ahead of release? Never heard of it.

Sent from my Droid