Motorola Rep shows up, Verizon Store Pictures Taken!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to get this phone now XD. It gets worse every day. The wait is coming to end though! Glad to see the phone popping up in a Verizon store, even if it was just a Motorola rep.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still going with the hope that it's a 4.5" screen. There was some other wrong info in those user manuals so hopefully the screen size was one of those things.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1489034 I assumed the graph paper under the Bionic was a 1/4" grid and calculated the diagonal at 4.48". Give it a shot and see what you come up with. It'll probably be a 4.3" screen, but we can dream until we something concrete.

LOL - I tried that too and came up with a similar result. Then I realized that the phone is higher than the graph paper and, from the angle of the camera when the pic was taken, that introduces enough error to make that calculation incorrect.

calla969

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL - I tried that too and came up with a similar result. Then I realized that the phone is higher than the graph paper and, from the angle of the camera when the pic was taken, that introduces enough error to make that calculation incorrect.
I know, I had thought of that too. There is really nothing accurate about this approach. It wouldn't take much to introduce an error of .2" of diagonal measurement, but it's still fun.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Small woman hands or not, I still kind of think that it looks like it could be a 4.5" screen.....something about seeing that in a little more perspective like this than some of the other leaked photos just makes it look more like it could be similar in size to the Infuse, so here's to hoping! I know there's been stuff that supposedly "confirmed" 4.3" (like that supposed MotoDev site info), but even though that site might have been "up", it could have still just been partially "mocked up" info with some of the Etna specs in it.... who knows though.....

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
^Yea I wouldnt bank on the manual. Now if it was in test docs...

So far only thing I think we can be sure about is 1GB ram, qHD screen, LTE. And the storage space. And we saw a laptop dock in the FCC docs and they showed a laptop dock in these pics. So we can be sure about webtop too.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Where specifically does it say it's 4.3? If you mean the user manual, it also shows pictures of a Droid X/X2 and mentions a GSM radio. So there's definitely some false info in there.

We do not know if it has a GSM radio or not.. It still could be a World phone... I hoping it is!!!!

Last edited:

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
In the rumored section here on AC, Phil talks about Verizon being up to something on the 18th. Maybe they will be announcing the pre-orders then!!!
I really hope so. Hopefully the Bionic comes before the rumored iPhone announcement on 9/7.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
You guys are good ...
4.3" , 4.5" , 4.75" , ...etc this thing is awesome
Man , I hope Moto builds a GSM variant & I'll be the first in line
You know at first , I wasn't even interested in the Etna BIONIC I was all about the Atrix , but I got caught up with the Targa

This world is so BIONIC
Even our soul?s robotic
We?re programmed to keep noddin,
Working, starving, eating ...
This world is so BIONIC
And no one wants to stop it
We feel it closing on us
While we?re coughing blowing chronic

sorry , can't get it outta my head ...

sfay93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is gearing up for LTE in Omaha, NE on the 18th. :) doubt thats what's being talked about... but its good for me!

Brian

Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA coming online on the 18th is good for you and me both. Bionic and LTE all within a couple of weeks will be a huge upgrade for us. :D

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The big question now is how many people went to their verizon stores looking for the rep with that ring so they can get the low down on the Bionic? I'm going tomorrow :)