Google to acquire Motorola Mobility

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I for one am glad to see Motorola getting a little more Google love. This means we might be seeing some new and better products from Moto, and speedier updates to their devices. I'm sure Google will want to send some of their guys to help them keep updates moving, especially when ICS comes out for them to work with. So maybe we'll see a Motorola Nexus, but if they have to bid on it, there's still a good chance they would bid on it now anyways and win. Maybe we'll see Google taking a little interest in say the Bionic, and they'll unlock the bootloader and get rid of blur for good. I doubt we'll see that, at least immediately.
But this is great news for Motorola, they should become a better company with Google backing them.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Moto owes its life to Google. On the verge of death and Google swoops in and saves them.

Its just amazing how clueless Moto is. This is the best thing to happen to them now lets just hope Sanjay gets out of the way. Maybe he will be the first to get the boot. Lets hope so.

Sent from my Droid

LOL!! exactly what i said in another thread! :)

Re: according to CNN, Google to acquire Motorola Mobility

huge win/win!!! Google's business model/strategy + Moto's hardware = all win!

let's all give Sanjay Jha a big round of applause for bumbling his way along, and making Moto vulnerable for acquisition. ...and then give him a big wave good-bye, and don't let the door hit him in the arse on his way out!!!

Reactions: Castor Troy

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

let's all give Sanjay Jha a big round of applause for bumbling his way along, and making Moto vulnerable for acquisition. ...and then give him a big wave good-bye, and don't let the door hit him in the arse on his way out!!!
More than likely, Sanjay Jha will continue to be the CEO of Motorola Mobility.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

The guy has run the company into the ground and its time to boot him out. How long do you allow this clueless schmuck to run this corporation.

I cannot imagine them allowing him to stay UNLESS he just acts as their puppet. He's proven himself incompetent already its time to kick him to the curb :)

This vindicates my rants against Motorola lol. Love it!!

Sent from my Droid

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The guy has run the company into the ground and its time to boot him out. How long do you allow this clueless schmuck to run this corporation.

I cannot imagine them allowing him to stay UNLESS he just acts as their puppet. He's proven himself incompetent already its time to kick him to the curb :)

This vindicates my rants against Motorola lol. Love it!!

Sent from my Droid
So you're saying that Google plans to buy a corporation that has been run into the ground. Why would would they do that? Doesn't seem too smart to me based on your logic. Motorola will be run as a separate business, including Jha at the helm. A CEO is responsible for maximizing shareholder value. How, based upon any objective metric, could you say he has not done that? If your argument is that Google did it just to buy the patents, then who gets credit for keeping those patents in place? Look at Motorola's balance sheet. They have WAY more assets than liabilities. They beat earnings expectations the last few quarters. You use a Droid, right? Come on. They just expanded their products to ATT and Sprint, with more to come. Obviously the Bionic will be awesome, whether you get one or not. Sanjay Jha brought a company that was on the brink, split it up, improved it (sales and EPS) then sold it for a 64% premium. Are you kidding. Your argument is basically that Google bought a POS company. Really? Really???

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Check your facts bworley. I'm not arguing about something you havent done your homework on. I already told you I'm not going to be baited into this arguement.

Sent from my Droid

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
guys, I think everyone is making more out of this than it is. Google wanted to acquire a stable of patents, which they did with this deal. MMI is still going to be run separately. They won't enjoy any extra advantage (for now, anyway) as a hardware manufacturer just b/c they're owned by google. All moto phones probably won't be AOSP; they'll still probably have a version of blur on them. Moto has just a good a chance today as they did yesterday to manufacture a nexus device, which is the same chance that Sammy and htc have. And even more importantly as far as this forum is concerned, it probably means absolutely nothing as it pertains to the bionic. The bionic most likely won't be any different of a phone as it was yesterday

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
They are struggling......

Sent from my Droid
I replied to your last post, but I think it got pulled. I humbly diagree about the struggling part. Cheers. Can't argue anymore, as I know you don't care for it. Just let me know in a couple of weeks how you like your new bionic.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Its going to take some time before we see a collaboration coming out of this but this is excellent news. Looks like I will eventually return to my roots, no pun intended, once this gets squared away. Lets see how this shakes out and effects their product portfolio

Sent from my Droid

If Google moves at the speed of technology, then it should shake up quick CK.

For those that think Google bought it for only the patents, you are partly right!
For those that think Google bought it for only the OEM, again, partly right!
For those that think Motorola was going to die, not so much. Moto did make some bad calls and it cost them, but remember, 12 BILLION. That is a freak of a fortune boys and girls.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
guys, I think everyone is making more out of this than it is. Google wanted to acquire a stable of patents, which they did with this deal. MMI is still going to be run separately. They won't enjoy any extra advantage (for now, anyway) as a hardware manufacturer just b/c they're owned by google. All moto phones probably won't be AOSP; they'll still probably have a version of blur on them. Moto has just a good a chance today as they did yesterday to manufacture a nexus device, which is the same chance that Sammy and htc have. And even more importantly as far as this forum is concerned, it probably means absolutely nothing as it pertains to the bionic. The bionic most likely won't be any different of a phone as it was yesterday

Indeed, and true: However, concerning a two year contract, the Bionic may indeed be a little different in what it gets a year from now......I wouldn't minimize this purchase to much, it is freaking huge, and major change is on the way, and what happens to blur as well.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
USA Today puts it so well
The Internet search giant on Monday agreed to buy Motorola Mobility in a $12.5 billion cash play that positions it as a maker of smartphones, tablet computers and TV set-top boxes powered by its market-leading Android operating system.

The deal, Google's largest to date, puts the search king squarely in competition with Apple in mobile and living-room entertainment and cements a firm bunker to defend itself from ongoing battles with rivals over technology patents.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
USA Today puts it so well
My reaction to this news cannot be stated here due to the prolific use of profanity.

I'll just say this: I think this is the wrong move for Google to make, and it is going to set in motion a number of very serious inquiries into the company's business practices that could result in the end of Google as we know it. I understand their desire to get a hold of Motorola's patents; but is it really worth putting your entire empire at risk?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My reaction to this news cannot be stated here due to the prolific use of profanity.

I'll just say this: I think this is the wrong move for Google to make, and it is going to set in motion a number of very serious inquiries into the company's business practices that could result in the end of Google as we know it. I understand their desire to get a hold of Motorola's patents; but is it really worth putting your entire empire at risk?

Very good points sir, very good points. Feel free to cuss my PM box up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle