Pics of Bionic next to...Droid HD?!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The thread just below this one is the same.

This must be an early prototype because no Verizon Branding on the phone.....

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Kinda makes you wonder what the original plan was.

I understand they intended to launch Bionic #1 months ago, but with Targa becoming Bionic #2 (and possibly moved forward in its release timeline) and now having Droid HD on deck...

...Was the original plan to have Targa and Droid HD pop out at around the same time period? Was Targa supposed to come out in a fewmonths followed by Droid HD a few months later? Or was Droid HD moved forward as a result of Targa becoming Bionic #2? (seems technically infeasible if it does in fact have a "larger than qHD screen" onboard.)

-Suntan

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
NOPE...3 months later after the HD they'll have 3D. Bionic will be just fine in my hands...and coming from a BB 9650...it'll will be by far superior...

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
What makes you think this will be a Verizon phone?? Just curious.

Because it's called the DROID HD - Droid is a Lucas Films license that only VZW uses.

and, Phil has confirmed that VZW is testing the device: http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-hd/111963-confirmed-verizons-testing-droid-hd.html

and, Phil has also already established the D-HD Forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-hd/

man, this thing looks nice! really like the thinness!

Reactions: Jasper

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, Okay. I was reading the Droid-Life article earlier that said this was the Dinara which was reported to be an AT&T phone. Didn't see the (Droid Labeled) forest through the trees. DUUUUHHHH....

Thanks! :-[

Reactions: bhop42

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Chill guys. It's an early prototype. It's not coming out any time soon. There will always be something better around the corner.

i would tend to agree with you, but for the fact of Jha's statements last week or so. he said the Bionic was "an important product, but not the only product." he gave indication that Moto has other significant devices waiting in the wings. the tech sites have interpreted this to mean Q4 (altho i tend to believe more like the end of Q1). and, we've been hearing chatter of the D-HD for a while now, and we already have leaked pics. my personal WAG is that this is less than 6 months away.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i would tend to agree with you, but for the fact of Jha's statements last week or so. he said the Bionic was "an important product, but not the only product." he gave indication that Moto has other significant devices waiting in the wings. the tech sites have interpreted this to mean Q4 (altho i tend to believe more like the end of Q1). and, we've been hearing chatter of the D-HD for a while now, and we already have leaked pics. my personal WAG is that this is less than 6 months away.

Theres no way I can stand my Storm 2 let alone it last another 6 months. Bionic has my vote.

ratedr79

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not coming out any time soon. There will always be something better around the corner.

Being Devil's advocate, had the Bionic released when it was originally rumored to, then this would be a non-issue. But now, eh, maybe worth waiting a tad bit longer. Your situation may vary.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, the thing folks quickly forget is that this rendition of Bionic "Targa" was not ment to release until quite later this year. It was accelerated with the demise of the origional Bionic "Etna". If it wasn't for the fact that they kept the name it would have been a non-issue about the single (Only) delay for bionic. Heck people would have been cheering Moto for releasing Targa EARLY not complaining about it being late.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Being Devil's advocate, had the Bionic released when it was originally rumored to, then this would be a non-issue. But now, eh, maybe worth waiting a tad bit longer. Your situation may vary.

If the Bionic (Etna) had been released we would be looking at the Bionic (Targa) and going through this same song and dance regarding the Targa.

Instead, we're starting w/the Targa.

As others have said, there's always something better coming out.. least there better be. Just so long as Motorola remains committed to supporting this device post release and doesn't just toss it casually into the trash like yesterday's newspaper we're fine. Thus far, this has not been Motorola's track record.

Dag, trailblazen beat me to it..

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site

So are a dozen other devices that are better than the Bionic. It's the same with every phone. Just before it's released, there's another better phone on the horizon.

The when the Droid HD is 2 weeks away, we'll be seeing leaked pictures of the Droid Turbo. It never ends.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So are a dozen other devices that are better than the Bionic. It's the same with every phone. Just before it's released, there's another better phone on the horizon.

The when the Droid HD is 2 weeks away, we'll be seeing leaked pictures of the Droid Turbo. It never ends.

I've posted this before, and it well applies to us.. plus it pokes fun at Apple which is pure bonus:
What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
With all due respect, no, it's not. ;)

With double due respect, yes it is.

And why the assumption that other significant devices means other Verizon phones? We know they are working on LTE tablets and have pretty strong info that they are working on the Dinara for AT&T. I'd be very surprised to see a better phone than the Bionic on Verizon before the year end.
And when did we first see leaked pictures of the bionic? And lets never forget the HTC Merge. Leaked pics mean nothing.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Phone looks very nice, but it also seems like it still has a ways to go. I know that a few months after I buy a phone (beit the GS2 or the Bionic) there is going to be something out which will be better. That's just the nature of the beast. If I held off indefinitely I'd still be using my RAZR.

GS2 or Bionic, and I can play this game again after 1.5 years.