08-24-2011 01:45 PM
57 123
tools
    How nice of them. I wonder what legal issues can arise if I hosted it myself. I downloaded it to try and do a good frame by frame in mp4 format. Curious if the new link posted will have to shut down also.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 04:31 AM
    How nice of them. I wonder what legal issues can arise if I hosted it myself. I downloaded it to try and do a good frame by frame in mp4 format. Curious if the new link posted will have to shut down also.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Google DMCA
    08-23-2011 09:32 AM
    Google DMCA
    Looking at the Wikipedia reference to it 'Digital Millennium Copyright Act' and i'm curious as to where this video falls within the verbiage. It looks like any other commercial i've easily found on YouTube, with the exception of the fact that it was recorded on a phone and presumably was at Verizon Corporate and was not supposed to exist 'yet'. Am I missing something? Is it illegal becuase it hasn't been broadcast by VZW yet ?
    08-23-2011 10:09 AM
    Is there anything dumber than removing a link to an ad for people that want to view an ad?

Am i living in some alternate universe where that makes sense?
    08-23-2011 10:10 AM
    Is there anything dumber than removing a link to an ad for people that want to view an ad?

I think its more of a 'Wahhhhhhh.. Johnny took my toy truck and played with it before I got to show it to everyone first.... Wahhhhhhh"
    Friend-O likes this.
    08-23-2011 10:12 AM
    I think its more of a 'Wahhhhhhh.. Johnny took my toy truck and played with it before I got to show it to everyone first.... Wahhhhhhh"
    Except in this case the toy truck was intellectual property owned by (I assume Verizon), and is covered under copy write laws.

Still cool Phil got a copy. Can't wait for the Bionic to release!
    08-23-2011 12:04 PM
    Probably a dumb question in this forum but I have a Blackberry with service through Verizon. Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid? Which model?
    Thanks
    08-23-2011 12:50 PM
    Agreed, but more so backed up by marketing wahhhhh... No one wants to show their hand before they play it. Wahhhhh none the less...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 12:50 PM
    Probably a dumb question in this forum but I have a Blackberry with service through Verizon. Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid? Which model?
    Thanks
    Also coming from a BB and all I can say is yes to android and you are in a bionic forum so you can see there is a lil' bias. It will be the first Dual core LTE phone for Verizon and has some pretty good specs under the hood despite some opinions. Check out the FAQ
    08-23-2011 12:52 PM
    Thanks
    Q: Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid?
    A: Yes. (I have to say that, you're on Android Central afterall)

Q: Which model?
    A: They're all better than your blackberry. haha. If you 'must' have a keyboard, the Droid 3 is a good choice though it does not have '4G LTE' and is only 3G. If not, the Droid Charge (currently available) is plenty good but we're all in THIS forum becuase we're waiting patiently (or impatiently) for the Bionic to be released.
    08-23-2011 12:55 PM
    Thanks
    Just a heads up, you will miss the ackberry notification LED and Berrybuzz. That is all. The grass has been greener for 99% of my switch. Coming from storm dumb and storm poo, this was the best move I ever made. You can now send texts longer than 160 without using an app, and the phone doesn't take 7 minutes to reboot.

On topic, this video of a commercial reminded me of the good ol days when friends would come over after a deployment from Korea with bootleg movies and soju lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 01:10 PM
    Just a heads up, you will miss the ackberry notification LED and Berrybuzz. That is all. The grass has been greener for 99% of my switch. Coming from storm dumb and storm poo, this was the best move I ever made. You can now send texts longer than 160 without using an app, and the phone doesn't take 7 minutes to reboot.

On topic, this video of a commercial reminded me of the good ol days when friends would come over after a deployment from Korea with bootleg movies and soju lol.

Notification LED will be on bionic. Like the other Motorolas. You won't find one on a Sammy though.
    08-23-2011 01:12 PM
    Thanks
    Yes. I have a Storm 2 I'm eligible to upgrade on and I'm waiting for the Bionic. I had a Mytouch 4g for a while and I can't wait to dump my BB to get back to Android.

My BB makes me feel like I'm wasting my money on a data plan compared to the use I was able to get from my Android. Between actually wanting to use the browser and the plethora of apps out there for Android, I was able to get so much more out of my phone.
    08-23-2011 01:13 PM
    Notification LED will be on bionic. Like the other Motorolas. You won't find one on a Sammy though.
    Not like a BB though. Do you know if they are able to activate the light without having the screen off? That was also nice with the BB's.

08-23-2011 01:50 PM

the link that shows at the end of that commercial is verizonwireless.com/droidbionic which in real life is still pointing to the sign up page... sigh...
    08-23-2011 02:53 PM
    Except in this case the toy truck was intellectual property owned by (I assume Verizon), and is covered under copy write laws.

Still cool Phil got a copy. Can't wait for the Bionic to release!
    Marketing is marketing lol. They should be thanking us for that. It'll show up and some people will be like "hmmm maybe I do want that Droid Bionic. I might want to wait and buy the better phone because I want 4G." Unless the commercial is put on like Youtube, I know there's a good chance I'd never see it anywhere else. I don't spend as much time watching TV anymore.
    08-23-2011 04:32 PM
    The first batch of OG droid commercials were incredibly awesome and the DX teaser alone made it a must- have device for me. But this and the Charge commercials are so crappy, the only place they belong is in the toilet. Any ounce of desire I had for picking up a bionic is gone.

Really? You let advertising campaigns influence your buying decision? You mean...you don't just let the device speak for itself? I agree the commercial leaves a lot to be desired, but to say you aren't buying because of a bad commericial is just as bad as buying because of a good commercial. That's only for the mindless consumer, not the savvy user who knows better. Come on man, be above the commercial influence.
    ChevyNovaLN likes this.
    08-23-2011 08:15 PM

uhhhhh, my sammy, and my current HTC blink when my twitter feed updates, js.
    08-23-2011 08:18 PM
    Really? You let advertising campaigns influence your buying decision? You mean...you don't just let the device speak for itself? I agree the commercial leaves a lot to be desired, but to say you aren't buying because of a bad commericial is just as bad as buying because of a good commercial. That's only for the mindless consumer, not the savvy user who knows better. Come on man, be above the commercial influence.
    Commercials aren't the deciding factor. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The delays and Droid HD leaks are what did it in for me.
    08-23-2011 08:30 PM
    Commercials aren't the deciding factor. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The delays and Droid HD leaks are what did it in for me.
    Once again, ONE delay. ONE. Not two. Not three. Not even four. One delay. We all knew it was going to come out late summer, September is late summer. Still Q3 until October (right?) which lands it exactly where Motorola said it'd be. And we have absolutely no idea what the Droid HD is. We can speculate that it'll have an HD screen, but then again those HD sunglasses don't have HD screens in them either . And we can still only speculate on GSII or Prime until they actually pop up somewhere. Samsung has an event friday don't they? We'll know then, probably like late October or November is my guess, and probably no LTE. And we have absolutely nothing on the Prime lol, we just know Google SHOULD have on out this year.
    corymcnutt and 2defmouze like this.
    08-23-2011 11:39 PM
    uhhhhh, my sammy, and my current HTC blink when my twitter feed updates, js.
    My DROIDX does not activate the LED unless the screen is off. This is a Motorola thing if not Android from what I was lead to believe. But if your Sammy and htc do it, then it must be a Motorola thing.

08-24-2011 12:22 AM
    My DROIDX does not activate the LED unless the screen is off. This is a Motorola thing if not Android from what I was lead to believe. But if your Sammy and htc do it, then it must be a Motorola thing.

Maybe they have a way to turn it on or off. If the screen's on, you really don't need it do you? Notification will pop up at the top doesn't it?
    08-24-2011 12:38 AM
    i almost didn't get the commercial when i first saw it with the whole ninja thing going on
    08-24-2011 04:56 AM

Ever since Froyo the notification LED does not come on if the screen is on. I remember because when the OG Droid had 2.1 the notification LED would still be on if the screen is on but once the first Froyo ROMs had come out the notification LED would be off if the screen was on.
    08-24-2011 07:00 AM
    Maybe they have a way to turn it on or off. If the screen's on, you really don't need it do you? Notification will pop up at the top doesn't it?
    Most of the time but some apps and video I have to stop and restart just to see what I got.

08-24-2011 09:11 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD