Bionic Car Dock vs Charge Car Dock

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently returned my Charge because I needed the Bionic ;) Before I returned it, I purchased the car dock. From the Amazon pictures, they appear to be the same, or close to the same hardware. Anybody think I'll be able to use the Charge dock for the Bionic, or will there be some sort of software compatibility issue?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently returned my Charge because I needed the Bionic ;) Before I returned it, I purchased the car dock. From the Amazon pictures, they appear to be the same, or close to the same hardware. Anybody think I'll be able to use the Charge dock for the Bionic, or will there be some sort of software compatibility issue?

I wouldn't think software as much as it not fitting into the dock. They have different dimensions I think. But is the dock just a dock to charge it, or is it something that hooks into the radio or something?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Pictures of each dock attached. They seem drastically different to me. Also the usb port likely will not line up correctly. Most oem car docks are dedicated to one particular phone.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Pictures of each dock attached. They seem drastically different to me. Also the usb port likely will not line up correctly. Most oem car docks are dedicated to one particular phone.

That's what I was thinking, different dimension and they don't have the same spots for USB ports. You should probably return the Charge dock.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There are some great universal car docks out there (like from Arkon) that let you stick almost any phone in it, with or without a case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000