Ok. Hope someone can help

jroth21

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the OG Droid and I am up for NE2 now I want the Bionic as its replacement but my OG Droid just died today and this is my only phone (aka no landline, its a lifeline). I was gonna see if BestBuy only does 14 day return on phone or is it a 30 day on phone. My idea is get a phone use it until the Bionic comes out and then return it.

If it does come out September 8th thats the 15th day but I would have to be guaranteed of that date. Just wanting to see about Best Buys return policy. Thanks.

I am also looking to sign new 2 year contract and not buy phones in full retail price.

Thanks,
jroth21

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Look on craigs list or a pawn shop for a verizon "Dumb" phone or old smart phone to activate till the bionic is out.

Ask family and friends if they have an old phone to use for a few weeks.

Buy a phone off contract.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty crappy thing to do to a cell phone manufacturer...buying a phone for you to use to 2 weeks, knowing you're going to return it. I'd suggest finding a friend that has an old phone you can use for 2 weeks. I bet I have at least 3 phones in my closet. You must know someone that can spot you a loner.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am fairly confident that the Sept. 8th Retail date is real, so if we go on that assumption then Pre-Orders will start 1 week from tomorrow on Sept. 1st. Hopefuly...

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Buy an Eris or any other older android phone on Craigslist and just turn around and sell it after you get the Bionic. On Craigslist here in San Diego they are multiple listings for Driod Eris for under $50.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure someone has an old piece of crap you can borrow. I know I have several sitting around on my shelf. I have no idea why I keep them, but I have them there. I wouldn't buy a phone on contract and then return it though, then buy another one. They don't like that. I'm sure if you really have to have a smartphone you can find one on craigslist like everyone else has said.

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'd be careful about doing an old "dumb" phone. I believe if you activate it on your account, it will disable the data package and you could lose your unlimited data. I'd go with a cheap smart phone.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd be careful about doing an old "dumb" phone. I believe if you activate it on your account, it will disable the data package and you could lose your unlimited data. I'd go with a cheap smart phone.

I had the choice of getting unlimited data on my dumb phone. It's just that there's no real reason to. You can have the same plan across the board, doesn't matter what device you have. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask a Verizon rep if it would disable your data package, but I doubt it. Why would they want you to pay less for one month because you disabled that feature?

Aioka

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

This is correct. If you put a dumb phone on your account you will lose your unlimited data. You would need to activate a smart phone of some sort to keep your unlimited data. I would go with the suggestions here and find a used D1/Eris on CL for around $50 or just wait. VZW has not 100% comitted to any date yet, while everything is pointing to a Sept 8th release it could be later than that.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the OG Droid and I am up for NE2 now I want the Bionic as its replacement but my OG Droid just died today and this is my only phone (aka no landline, its a lifeline). I was gonna see if BestBuy only does 14 day return on phone or is it a 30 day on phone. My idea is get a phone use it until the Bionic comes out and then return it.

If it does come out September 8th thats the 15th day but I would have to be guaranteed of that date. Just wanting to see about Best Buys return policy. Thanks.

I am also looking to sign new 2 year contract and not buy phones in full retail price.

Thanks,
jroth21
You will lose your NE2 if you do that. I don't have a problem with it as some of these other high and mighty people here do. You will also pay a restocking fee. Do not get a dumb phone and activate it. Get an Eris or something like that on Ebay. OR add a line with the cheapest phone you can find, then cancel that 14 days after you add it and pay the restocking fee. You still keep the NE2. The Bionic WILL BE in stores on the 8th, but you may be able to get it sooner a la Droid 3. I had mine in my hands 5 days before the store's official launch date.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
You will lose your NE2 if you do that. I don't have a problem with it as some of these other high and mighty people here do. You will also pay a restocking fee. Do not get a dumb phone and activate it. Get an Eris or something like that on Ebay. OR add a line with the cheapest phone you can find, then cancel that 14 days after you add it and pay the restocking fee. You still keep the NE2. The Bionic WILL BE in stores on the 8th, but you may be able to get it sooner a la Droid 3. I had mine in my hands 5 days before the store's official launch date.

Most of the money saved with the NE2 would go towards the restocking fee also. Definitely a better idea to borrow or use an old phone.

jroth21

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the post as I got my droid to work with my third charger i tried (its a blackberry charger). I used the original but it did not work but works on my fiances phone.

KTamez

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I am doing this exact thing right now.

My DroidX got water damaged (sold it on fleabay already). And am using a friend's spare HTC Incredible while my contract comes up (fortunately within days of the Bionic's release date).

-K

Ahobbs21

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Im in the same boat droid died had to use my kids envy 2 for a week till one of my buddies got me a blackberry curve to hold me over till the 8th. By the way bb suck badly i have no idea how i ever exitsted before i had a full web browser. No youtube no flash no normal looking webpages its hell. I will now go set myself on fire.