Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of pentile as well. I was surprised in either one of the pictures or the video, though. The screen, for whatever reason, just seemed incredibly vibrant to me. I was more curious when P3 sent that tweet out. Can't wait to see it in real life.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.

Nice the hear about the camera. Would like to see some pictures or 1080p video from it. The screen is an opinion. There is not a yes or no answer that we can get from one person about the screen. Just gotta go see it for yourself and see if you are good with it.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you can do this Joe, but can you download moonchaser and tell us if there is a lot of ghosting? It was pretty bad on the photon. My X looks ten times better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What about some benchmark tests as well?

I'm curious about the browser performance, how fast it loads full webpages and things like that.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Im still waiting for my manager to activate it, then I can do some tests. The glass on the screen is very nice, its hard to explain, but it compliments the actually screen. I want to stress that there is NO redraw. If your not familar with what that is, the d3 has an issue where after closing a app that's pretty heavy on ram or it would have to load all apps and widgets on the screen and it would take about 5 secs before it finished and was extremely annoying.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Im still waiting for my manager to activate it, then I can do some tests. The glass on the screen is very nice, its hard to explain, but it compliments the actually screen. I want to stress that there is NO redraw. If your not familar with what that is, the d3 has an issue where after closing a app that's pretty heavy on ram or it would have to load all apps and widgets on the screen and it would take about 5 secs before it finished and was extremely annoying.

My Charge does the same thing. Glad to hear that this one doesn't!!

Reactions: kharrigan

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I do not want to jump all over you and bomb you with 1,000 questions, but that is gorilla glass, right?

Reactions: emoney

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Because you can tell just by looking at it....

No, because there was a rumor that it was going to have it. I'm sure if he has the phone early then he has some kind of source or saw something about it. It is a major selling point.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the camera, and looking forward to battery life impressions.

Aside from that, can you tell if it has a multi-colored LED notification? Does it have a built-in option to enable/disable 4G?

Brandon

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I hear you, but when the screen looks pixelated/blurry/ghosted/etc what is causing that.......the pentile.

actually pentile isn't what causes the ghosting and I have no idea what you mean by blurry its qHD do the text is fairly crisp on the dx2 and d3 I tried, the pixelation is just a funny thing that happens on large areas of solid colors mostly green other then that there isn't any. So they possibly could have kept pentile and completely fixed that. I know for me I would be perfectly happy with the pentile screen the battery life and brightness are great, but the ghosting is god awful.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
actually pentile isn't what causes the ghosting and I have no idea what you mean by blurry its qHD do the text is fairly crisp on the dx2 and d3 I tried, the pixelation is just a funny thing that happens on large areas of solid colors mostly green other then that there isn't any. So they possibly could have kept pentile and completely fixed that. I know for me I would be perfectly happy with the pentile screen the battery life and brightness are great, but the ghosting is god awful.

Refresh rates on any LCD technology are the problem with ghosting. Even cheaper LCD TVs still suffer that issue. Be interesting to compare this to other screens though.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could tell you that it has gorilla glass, but until I can confirm all I can say is it looks like like it does. As for the pentile.screen, I am noticing a better looking screen than the d3 and dx. The dark chrome is nice around the screen. Its actually a little lighter than the d3 when it comes to the color of the chrome.

Unfortunetly i dont live in a 4g area yet, so this all based around 3g service. I will start running benchmarks and what not once i get it back.
Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk