Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
...ugh...here we go.....:confused:

Here we go again what?

Has there been any normal non tech bloggers out there with the phone that have given their opinion on the screen? We are all going off p3droid saying its pentile is better than the DX2 and D3....what does that really tell us?

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Easy......

I'm not knocking your question. I'm just envisioning the dozens of silly pro/anti pentile nonsense-comments that will probably be rehashed for the 50th time.

Reactions: frappa

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Easy......

I'm not knocking your question. I'm just envisioning the dozens of silly pro/anti pentile nonsense-comments that will probably be rehashed for the 50th time.

No I hear you, this is just the 1st one in the hands of a customer/vzw employee whatever and I suspect we may get some real time opinions.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Asking how the screen looks is a perfectly legitimate question which i'm sure most people want an answer to. But who really cares if its pentile? If you look at it and think it is the best looking screen you've ever seen, then a rep comes over and tells you its a pentile are you going to put it down and leave? how about we start worrying about how it looks instead of if its called "pentile" geez

Reactions: jroc

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Initial thoughts. The phone is extremely light and is actually pretty thin. The battery is 1730 mah and is pretty big. The screen is contoured on the edges and it comes with a 16gb microsd card. Power button is in a awkward spot though. Its on the left shoulder of the phone. Its a pretty big phone as well, its along the lines of the charge. I will report back soon on the screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Is the back cover plastic or metal? How do u feel it will hold by removing it allot? How about build quility? Plastic or metal like the X

Reactions: anon(143571)

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
is it really as smooth as it looked it the leaked video? there seemed to be no lag at all

I second this one as well. The phone was Euro SGSII smooth! How much does it take to bog the phone down as well?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Exactly! My Chrage is no where near as smooth as the video this is a big one. Looks like this ex-blur OS runs very well on the dual core.

I would love to see a few extra videos of surfing the menus and such.

ndtemple417

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
one thing im wandering is if its the same lapdock accessory as the atrix cuz if so if the atrix dock is cheaper thats what ima get thanks for your time insider

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk