09-07-2011 08:46 PM
1,031 12345 ...
tools
    I have had this phone for 4 1/2 hours.
    How lucky are we! You can cycle that puppy three days and let us know a few days early how that battery settles!
    09-02-2011 08:31 PM
    congratulations man have fun with it :-)
    09-02-2011 08:36 PM
    What percentage are you at then...give us details on how you got your battery settings set (brightness, etc.) Lol I need to know if I'm going to want to get myself a bigger battery
    Too much detail to get into. I use performance mode and brightness about 80%. Battery is fine.
    09-02-2011 08:37 PM
    How lucky are we! You can cycle that puppy three days and let us know a few days early how that battery settles!
    No. Just sayin I have had the device for a short period of time. Charged it for 45 min out of the box and haven't done so since. Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you were, I don't really need that, thanks.
    bulvine420 likes this.
    09-02-2011 08:41 PM
    Thanks, B, for all the info...so glad for you and so jealous! Keep feeding the info, we appreciate it!
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    09-02-2011 08:42 PM
    Can you stream some video on the NFL or HBOGO app for all of us trying to decide to wait or not please? Buy it or pass?
    Too much detail to get into. I use performance mode and brightness about 80%. Battery is fine.
    So the screen is nice and bright even at 80%? I basically just wanted to know the mode and brightness lol. And you aren't doing daily use, you're playing right now so it's not a real everyday use at this point in time anyways. I guess the best way is to wait and see how it plays out with my usage of it
    Thanks man, I still want to hear about all those apps and widgets up and how it performs then.
    jroc likes this.
    love the box im a box guy!
    KillerG likes this.
    09-02-2011 08:44 PM
    That screen looks freaking awesome way better than amoled.
    09-02-2011 08:47 PM
    I just want to thank you personally for taking the time to give us some info on the Bionic. As you can probably tell most of us are losing our minds at this point looking for any tidbit of info we can get about the phone - buying this phone is probably a more intensive decision then cars and houses we've bought (or woman we have or are going to marry, lol). I had tentative plans to meet some friends out tonight and I am still here at home reading and refreshing 3 forums - it's insane!

I just wanted you to know that we all do appreciate any info you want to share or videos you want to put together.

Thanks!

Now get to work! JK lol
    09-02-2011 08:49 PM
    That screen looks freaking awesome way better than amoled.
    It is on a camera (a Droid 3 to boot), so we couldn't know if it actually is that good (or that bad if you're stupid or something), but it SHOULD look like that lol.

Also, I did notice that CRT thing when you lock the phone people were talking about...that I liked. Cool to see that added to this phone.

I just want to thank you personally for taking the time to give us some info on the Bionic. As you can probably tell most of us are losing our minds at this point looking for any tidbit of info we can get about the phone - buying this phone is probably a more intensive decision then cars and houses we've bought (or woman we have or are going to marry, lol). I had tentative plans to meet some friends out tonight and I am still here at home reading and refreshing 3 forums - it's insane!

I just wanted you to know that we all do appreciate any info you want to share or videos you want to put together.

Thanks!

Now get to work! JK lol
    Agreed, I could be doing something much more useful of my time right now (playing Halo) but I'm in here like you're Jesus Christ speaking to me personally (okay maybe not THAT far but still), refreshing the page over and over again. I'm going completely insane, just like everyone else, waiting for this phone. I REALLY want a smartphone, and I REALLY want a good one, and I REALLY want this one lol.
    09-02-2011 08:49 PM
    No. Just sayin I have had the device for a short period of time. Charged it for 45 min out of the box and haven't done so since. Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you were, I don't really need that, thanks.
    Turn the cell-phone OFF. New Motorola cell phone batteries must be rapid charged (typically to 80%), then trickle charged (slow charged to 100%) for 24 hours, prior to the first use and for the first 2-3 cycles. After you have fully charged the new Motorola cell phone battery for 3 times, just keep your charging time less than 14 hours. All new batteries require a break-in period, so don't be alarmed if your battery doesn't hold a full charge right away. A new battery commonly will show false full charge (voltage), or Not charging as indicated on your cell phone or charger. LEAVE it on the charger for 24 hours!

I am disappointed you would think I would even throw ethics aside and sarcasm this have fun with the bionic, and again, I look forward to some real battery results after you break in the device properly~old man.
    09-02-2011 08:52 PM
    Turn the cell-phone OFF. New Motorola cell phone batteries must be rapid charged (typically to 80%), then trickle charged (slow charged to 100%) for 24 hours, prior to the first use and for the first 2-3 cycles. After you have fully charged the new Motorola cell phone battery for 3 times, just keep your charging time less than 14 hours. All new batteries require a break-in period, so don't be alarmed if your battery doesn't hold a full charge right away. A new battery commonly will show false full charge (voltage), or Not charging as indicated on your cell phone or charger. LEAVE it on the charger for 24 hours!

I am disappointed you would think I would even throw ethics aside and sarcasm this have fun with the bionic, and again, I look forward to some real battery results after you break in the device properly~old man.
    Hmmm that makes sense, it's like the break-in period of a car. I can't drive my new engine very fast in my car for about 100 miles (no hills, no freeway). And that is also why I don't have money right now and I'm going crazy trying to find $300
    Johnly likes this.
    09-02-2011 08:55 PM
    It is on a camera (a Droid 3 to boot), so we couldn't know if it actually is that good (or that bad if you're stupid or something), but it SHOULD look like that lol.

Also, I did notice that CRT thing when you lock the phone people were talking about...that I liked. Cool to see that added to this phone.

Agreed, I could be doing something much more useful of my time right now (playing Halo) but I'm in here like you're Jesus Christ speaking to me personally (okay maybe not THAT far but still), refreshing the page over and over again. I'm going completely insane, just like everyone else, waiting for this phone. I REALLY want a smartphone, and I REALLY want a good one, and I REALLY want this one lol.
    So far so good. It's like a Droid 3, but rediculously better.
    odiej34 likes this.
    09-02-2011 08:56 PM
    I'm going crazy trying to find $300
    ... Plus tax
    09-02-2011 08:58 PM

I have owned 5 Motorola android smartphones and have never done that. I have never had a problem with the batteries either. Do I need to look both ways, throw salt over my shoulder, or anything else to help the battery?
    09-02-2011 08:59 PM
    I received this today compliments of Motorola. I wrote a letter to them complaining to them about some things. They responded, thanked me for my letter as they said it was well written, and offered some things to me, one of which was a Bionic at no charge. I will not comment any further about that. More to come. It did not come w/ a 4g sim card. Don't freak out. It was sent from Moto. Went to a VZ store, got a 4g sim card, called customer service, activated. People in the store couldn't believe it. This has been a great day so far. More details to come. I have two young sons at home who like to play with their dad.
    And you're a great Dad - now lend us the phone.
    09-02-2011 09:00 PM
    So far so good. It's like a Droid 3, but rediculously better.
    I'm very happy about that, I plan on not having to drag around my point and shoot along with my phone anymore if I can take good pictures on it. And I don't even have a camera that can record in 1080p, let alone 720p, so that's a big step up for me.
    And are we talking video or pictures? Or both? I would expect them to be a good step above the last phone they put out. And what kind of settings are we seeing in the camera app? I noticed in the Droid 3, they took away some of the settings (ISO, aperture, white balance, etc.) and I hoped they would bring it back on the Bionic.
    09-02-2011 09:00 PM
    I have owned 5 Motorola android smartphones and have never done that. I have never had a problem with the batteries either. Do I need to look both ways, throw salt over my shoulder, or anything else to help the battery?
    You only need to do one thing. Send it to me so I can take care of the battery for ya. I'll get it back to you in about 2 years
    jroc likes this.
    09-02-2011 09:01 PM

Can I use it while its on the charger? I have work on the first day and I don't think I will be able to deal with not having the phone with me to play with while the day drags on.

IF I can use it while its on the charger for the first 24 hours then I will just bring a charger with me to work and plug it in. Otherwise I will have to suck it up and leave it at home.
    09-02-2011 09:01 PM
    What are those big pictures on the top of the home screen that look like advertisements?
    09-02-2011 09:05 PM

Thanks!

Now get to work! JK lol
    It seems to be worth it.
    09-02-2011 09:06 PM

"...if you're being sarcastic, but if you were, I don't really need that, thanks."
    Your sarcasm aside, a lot of older batteries required a bit of conditioning in order to maximize their life and their max capacity. They are, after all, complex chemistry experiments in a box. Having said that, I do not think the newer generation batteries require as much initial conditioning as they used to (5 years ago or so) so I think you'll be fine. I know I will condition mine, since i will own this phone for 2 years, I may as well be overprotective with it for the first 2 weeks.

He wasn't making superstitious comments, but referring to an outdated form of battery conditioning.
    09-02-2011 09:07 PM
    Your sarcasm aside, a lot of older batteries required a bit of conditioning in order to maximize their life and their max capacity. They are, after all, complex chemistry experiments in a box. Having said that, I do not think the newer generation batteries require as much initial conditioning as they used to (5 years ago or so) so I think you'll be fine. I know I will condition mine, since i will own this phone for 2 years, I may as well be overprotective with it for the first 2 weeks.

He wasn't making superstitious comments, but referring to an outdated form of battery conditioning.
    Either way. Ain't happening.
    09-02-2011 09:08 PM
    What are those big pictures on the top of the home screen that look like advertisements?
    Widgets to quick dial. Some of those are pictures of people or businesses I have on quick dial. I have a picture of every contact I have saved on google
    09-02-2011 09:10 PM
1,031 12345 ...