09-07-2011 08:46 PM
1,031 ... 23456 ...
tools
    How to Condition Your Cell Phone Battery | eHow.com

If any of you are unaware^^

But like i said, I do not know if current gen batteries require this as much.
    09-02-2011 09:11 PM
    how is the inbuilt speaker?

how is the quality for music and call on the phone's speaker?

and a pic of some object in low. medium and bright light condition
    09-02-2011 09:14 PM
    So far, same cell standby issue as D3. Doesn't seem to affect battery life. Again, battery life is very hood. Solid. Could ALWAYS be better. Way better than the Charge IMO.
    bworley50, I want to thank you for showing this video. Now I see you have been inundated with requests to, check this, and test that, on your phone to give us all a "taste" of what we'll be getting on 9/8.

In your post you mentioned your a family man, with other priorities than to cater to our every inquiry.

So, I propose you overnight your phone to me, I have no plans this weekend, so I'd be able to answer all the questions our posters have on the Bionic. essentially freeing up your weekend.

On Wednesday I will overnight the phone back to you. sound good!
    how is the inbuilt speaker?

how is the quality for music and call on the phone's speaker?
    Speaker for calls is great. Not sure about music. I never listen to music from my phone without an external speaker.
    09-02-2011 09:15 PM
    bworley50, I want to thank you for showing this video. Now I see you have been inundated with request to check this, and test that, on your phone to give us all a "taste" of what we'll be getting on 9/8.

In your post you mentioned your a family man, with other priorities than to cater to our every inquiry.

So, I propose you overnight your phone to me, I have no plans this weekend, so I'd be able to answer all the questions our posters have on the Bionic. essentially freeing you from this thread.

On Wednesday I will overnight the phone back to you. sound good!
    Sounds great. Kids to sleep in 15 min. Videos to come from my Xoom to you tube to AC in about an hour or less.
    Android__Hitch likes this.
    09-02-2011 09:17 PM
    How to Condition Your Cell Phone Battery | eHow.com

If any of you are unaware^^

But like i said, I do not know if current gen batteries require this as much.
    That says to don't charge it out of the box while the other user says to charge it immediately (as well as the manual).

Which is it?
    09-02-2011 09:19 PM
    I have owned 5 Motorola android smartphones and have never done that. I have never had a problem with the batteries either. Do I need to look both ways, throw salt over my shoulder, or anything else to help the battery?
    Who is sarcastic now.
    bplewis24 likes this.
    09-02-2011 09:20 PM
    Who is sarcastic now.
    Me. Sorry. Just having a little fun.
    ruler10, Johnly, Lisa W and 2 others like this.
    09-02-2011 09:21 PM
    For the most part new batteries do not require conditioning. This is an old practice that has been carried over from old types of batteries. Originally batteries were Nickle-Hydride (Nickle Metal Hydride, or NiMH) or Nickle-Cadmium (NiCad). Both of these used to have VERY bad "memories" and short lifespans. The Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) batteries used in today's electronics have overcome both challenges. While they still carry a lifespan of charge cycles, you do not have to follow a set conditioning regime.

I do however recommend fully depleting the battery once out of the box and then fully charging it. This should be a sufficient "condition".
    09-02-2011 09:22 PM
    Sounds great. Kids to sleep in 15 min. Videos to come from my Xoom to you tube to AC in about an hour or less.
    I want to thank you for your time. You have about 10,000 people refreshing the page to see more. LOL
    jroc and Jtav27 like this.
    09-02-2011 09:23 PM
    Can I use it while its on the charger? I have work on the first day and I don't think I will be able to deal with not having the phone with me to play with while the day drags on.

IF I can use it while its on the charger for the first 24 hours then I will just bring a charger with me to work and plug it in. Otherwise I will have to suck it up and leave it at home.
    Will the battery survive a brutal break in? Yes, will a car? Yes, but if you take care to break in the tech/motor properly, you just get longer life out of it.
    09-02-2011 09:23 PM

My Bionic video
    You rock. Thanks for taking the time to post this.
    KillerG, Jtav27, Johnly and 1 others like this.
    09-02-2011 09:31 PM
    can u tell us if the blue tint from d3 tat comes from taking pics is present or not???

also people mention an odd positioning of power button..

do u find it odd too use? or didnt notice any oddness so far ?
    09-02-2011 09:32 PM
    can u tell us if the blue tint from d3 tat comes from taking pics is present or not???

Joe the insider said the bionic did not have any of the issues the camera in the D3 has.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    bworley50 likes this.
    09-02-2011 09:39 PM
    Joe the insider said the bionic did not have any of the issues the camera in the D3 has.

hmmmmmm thnxxxx!!!
    09-02-2011 09:40 PM

He said earlier that it's better than his Droid 3 that he took the video with. So I'm expecting a very nice camera lol.
    09-02-2011 09:55 PM
    Wow, are you sure that's a pentile screen? You zoomed into the top bar and the battery icon actually looked... strait!

You should grab a nice camera and do a close up.

Is the screen better than the X2 or Droid 3's?

You should run some benchmarks, like CF-Bench, Smartbench, etc.
    09-02-2011 10:03 PM
    Hey bworley50, I live in Shreveport. You should come up here and we can have a party! All the beautiful girls you want, only admission fee is one Bionic hehe.
    KillerG, Johnly and bworley50 like this.
    09-02-2011 10:05 PM
    how fast does the GPS lock?
    09-02-2011 10:09 PM

No blue tint at all
    KillerG, Jtav27 and hadeshorn9 like this.
    09-02-2011 10:19 PM
    @Bworley50 thank you for taking the time to do this.

How is the camera quality?
    09-02-2011 10:27 PM
    is that app/widget saturated video coming or not B?
    09-02-2011 10:28 PM
    09-02-2011 10:30 PM
    Thanks a lot man!
    JOEKC likes this.
    09-02-2011 10:31 PM
1,031 ... 23456 ...