My Bionic

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
bworley50, I want to thank you for showing this video. Now I see you have been inundated with request to check this, and test that, on your phone to give us all a "taste" of what we'll be getting on 9/8.

In your post you mentioned your a family man, with other priorities than to cater to our every inquiry.

So, I propose you overnight your phone to me, I have no plans this weekend, so I'd be able to answer all the questions our posters have on the Bionic. essentially freeing you from this thread.

On Wednesday I will overnight the phone back to you. sound good! ;)
Sounds great. Kids to sleep in 15 min. Videos to come from my Xoom to you tube to AC in about an hour or less.

Reactions: Android__Hitch

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have owned 5 Motorola android smartphones and have never done that. I have never had a problem with the batteries either. Do I need to look both ways, throw salt over my shoulder, or anything else to help the battery?
Who is sarcastic now.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
For the most part new batteries do not require conditioning. This is an old practice that has been carried over from old types of batteries. Originally batteries were Nickle-Hydride (Nickle Metal Hydride, or NiMH) or Nickle-Cadmium (NiCad). Both of these used to have VERY bad "memories" and short lifespans. The Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) batteries used in today's electronics have overcome both challenges. While they still carry a lifespan of charge cycles, you do not have to follow a set conditioning regime.

I do however recommend fully depleting the battery once out of the box and then fully charging it. This should be a sufficient "condition".

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Can I use it while its on the charger? I have work on the first day and I don't think I will be able to deal with not having the phone with me to play with while the day drags on.

IF I can use it while its on the charger for the first 24 hours then I will just bring a charger with me to work and plug it in. Otherwise I will have to suck it up and leave it at home.

Will the battery survive a brutal break in? Yes, will a car? Yes, but if you take care to break in the tech/motor properly, you just get longer life out of it.

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
can u tell us if the blue tint from d3 tat comes from taking pics is present or not???

also people mention an odd positioning of power button..

do u find it odd too use? or didnt notice any oddness so far ?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
can u tell us if the blue tint from d3 tat comes from taking pics is present or not???

also people mention an odd positioning of power button..

do u find it odd too use? or didnt notice any oddness so far ?

Joe the insider said the bionic did not have any of the issues the camera in the D3 has.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Joe the insider said the bionic did not have any of the issues the camera in the D3 has.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

He said earlier that it's better than his Droid 3 that he took the video with. So I'm expecting a very nice camera lol.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Wow, are you sure that's a pentile screen? You zoomed into the top bar and the battery icon actually looked... strait!

You should grab a nice camera and do a close up.

Is the screen better than the X2 or Droid 3's?

You should run some benchmarks, like CF-Bench, Smartbench, etc.

Covington

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey bworley50, I live in Shreveport. You should come up here and we can have a party! All the beautiful girls you want, only admission fee is one Bionic hehe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech