Droid Bionic ARena Contest

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Contest starts in 15 minutes. Not really banking on winning being that I live in Utah and no cell phone providers really care about Utah. Let's get this party started.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I found 3 of the items near where I live. Furthest one was about 1200 feet away. Just drove around and found them in about 5-10 min.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to try again later today. Thunderstorming here. i'm not that desperate for a 1 in 748901516283 chance of winning. If it was definite that I would get one I'd brave the elements, but I think I'll go to sleep instead.

jaseq

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Just went out and found all four. It'd be pretty sweet to win something but chances seem pretty slim. It was fun though.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just did it on the Google Maps thing. Really quite a lot faster than I thing the app would take lol. Don't see myself doing this that much though.

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You guys do know that you can play over and over again, increasing your chances of winning. I just found all four items, twice. So I have 8 entries total.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
What's the Google maps thing

Droid Bionic - Arena Street View There's a link. It uses street view for you to go grab the "machines." It's for those who can't run it or don't have an Android phone.

You guys do know that you can play over and over again, increasing your chances of winning. I just found all four items, twice. So I have 8 entries total.

You can get up to 4 chances of winning each 30 minute hunt. So you found all four items twice, but only get four entries.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Still can't understand the OG Droid not being able to run the app.
Dont they realize the 2 year timing involved? The marketing people really missed on this one.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Dont they realize the 2 year timing involved? The marketing people really missed on this one.

That's why they have "Your device not supported?" instead of "Missing an Android phone?" It's so OG Droid users can still do it from Streetview, and so can people like me who are getting the Bionic as their first Android phone (or first smartphone in general).

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
So it works on my Droid X, but I think I may stick with the Street View. I did the first game with the app and let me tell you, I don't think the people in the apartment complex down the street appreciated me trolling around at 1 in the morning lol I live in a suburb type of area, and one of them seemed like I would have had to walk through a field...hmmm

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So it works on my Droid X, but I think I may stick with the Street View. I did the first game with the app and let me tell you, I don't think the people in the apartment complex down the street appreciated me trolling around at 1 in the morning lol I live in a suburb type of area, and one of them seemed like I would have had to walk through a field...hmmm

I thought that was kind of stupid too. You kind of look ******ed (stupid) and/or creepy walking around looking like you're recording with your phone out lol.
There it is again, I can't say bad things about people with mental problems...I'll change the word to just plain dumb. Guess it's for the best.

Last edited:

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site

Yea wtf??!
Sucks. How did they miss that?
Stupid people running it or just lack of caring?
Probably both.
Good luck to the rest

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought that was kind of stupid too. You kind of look ******ed (stupid) and/or creepy walking around looking like you're recording with your phone out lol.
There it is again, I can't say bad things about people with mental problems...I'll change the word to just plain dumb. Guess it's for the best.

Yeah. I kind of played out in my head as well what would happen if I drove around and got pulled over for creeping through neighborhoods.

"I swear I'm not a creeper, officer...you see I'm trying to find this HDTV...."

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, you don't have to play the streetview method from your actual location.

It looked like they even had a link to play in central park new york there early this morning.

--- secret on ---
Use regular google streetview to find an isolated but "streetviewable" stretch of road, enter that in as your location, and all 4 will be virtually on top of each other. Got all 4 with 4 minutes to spare that way :p
--- secret off ---

Reactions: SenenCito and jroc

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea wtf??!
Sucks. How did they miss that?
Stupid people running it or just lack of caring?
Probably both.
Good luck to the rest

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you've ever read the thread " http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/115609-droid-bionic-arena-not-droid-og.html" or not but the OG Droid can not run the program because of it's hardware spec's. It can't handle it..Droid-Life had a backdoor way of installing it on the OG Droid but it was very slow and froze a lot and I wanna say Verizon put a stop to it but don't quote me on that . In a way, I guess they should have made the App to be capable of running on the OG Droid since I guess a good amount of people still have them. At least you can still use the online play verison besides being SOL?

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm up to 38 entries total. Booyow suckas! And that is all through the app. Creeping and crawling through the neighborhood. Almost got stoppedby the police at about 10:30 last night but he just looked at me funny.