Phone selling out?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So I keep seeing this question popping up all over the place with no real answer, so I decided it was indeed worth it's own thread...will this phone sell out the first day? And how long will it take to get more in?
Personally I think it depends on where you buy it, where you live, and when you buy it. I live in Santa Barbara....so I don't suppose it would probably sell out first day since like everyone I know is all pro-Apple. And I hate it lol. But there could be a chance because I do know a lot of people around here have money and like to spend it. Two people up the street from me have brand new Porsche Carreras, and there's a guy I see driving a Lambourghini. I think I also saw a Tesla the other day. Anyways... anyone else got any foresight for the general public?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Well how'd the thunderbolt do?
Didn't they advertise that before hand alot and maybe during a major event?? Sorry I can't remember but I remember all the commercials.
If that didn't sell out than I doubt enough of the public know of the bionic to sell it out.
And yes it all depends on where u live

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No offense intended... but really how should anyone here be able to predict for you whether or not its going to sell out? Short of taking a survey in your area to find out how many people are getting the bionic on day one, then finding out exactly how many your local store will have on inventory, do you really think anyone can answer the question?

Not trying to be condescending... just seems like a rather pointless thread topic, I expect better from you, your a reg :)

If you're that worried then just get to your store early on thursday, or call them in the morning or even the day before and politely see if they would be willing to hold one for you until you are able to get there.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This is not the iphone. There was an article and picture on Droid-life showing 100,000 units available at launch. If your local store is out get it through telesales and get overnight shipping. You will not have a problem getting this phone in the 1st day or 2 of release.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well how'd the thunderbolt do?
Didn't they advertise that before hand alot and maybe during a major event?? Sorry I can't remember but I remember all the commercials.
If that didn't sell out than I doubt enough of the public know of the bionic to sell it out.
And yes it all depends on where u live

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Very similar to what I was going to say, since I was one of those waiting for the Thunderbolt to come out... as long as Motorola produces as many devices as they should, and VZW predicts the demand correctly.

Other than that... there is always going to the be next big thing that is yet to be released that people will wait for.

Reactions: Hosehead

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would anticipate that if you wanted one, you will get one on the first day. Just make it to your local VZW store early. If you get there and there is a long line, call VZW sales directly and order one right on the spot. With overnight delivery you should have it by the next day.

Don't worry about stuff you can't control.

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I do feel that the demand for this phone will be heavy. Moto has a very large investment in this model, don’t forget they had to scrap a whole phone before it. I’m sure they made Bionic’s by the semi truck load. I also know if the demand exceeds the stock they will make more. I would also think that they would have 2-4x as much in warehouses to fill online orders and to replenish stock to stores. With a new phone just around the corner I ‘m sure moto took a long look at inventory and forecast sales so they don’t have a shortage. Having a phone for sale with no stock is the one of the worst things a company can face in the mobile world.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I would anticipate that if you wanted one, you will get one on the first day. Just make it to your local VZW store early. If you get there and there is a long line, call VZW sales directly and order one right on the spot. With overnight delivery you should have it by the next day.

Don't worry about stuff you can't control.

The only thing that would be unfortunate for those that plan on trying to get that great Costco deal is... if they're sold out, they're sold out. There's no calling VZW and getting a phone overnighted for the same cost as the phone + accessories available at Costco.

Other than that, yeah...go to your store early on the 8th and try your best. I'm giving the VZW Sales rep (from corporate that said he'd call me directly to place an order as soon as its available to do so) until Wednesday morning otherwise i'm going to be in line on Thursday just like everyone else. I only went with a sales rep via the phone in hopes he can order and ship it so I receive it (and the Lapdock) on Thursday but if that isn't happening, i'll be bringing my chair to VZW on Thursday morning by 5am :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This is not the iphone. There was an article and picture on Droid-life showing 100,000 units available at launch. If your local store is out get it through telesales and get overnight shipping. You will not have a problem getting this phone in the 1st day or 2 of release.

I know it's not an iPhone, that's why I think at least in my area that no one will be buying it. Seriously, everyone here is all pro-Apple.

No offense intended... but really how should anyone here be able to predict for you whether or not its going to sell out? Short of taking a survey in your area to find out how many people are getting the bionic on day one, then finding out exactly how many your local store will have on inventory, do you really think anyone can answer the question?

Not trying to be condescending... just seems like a rather pointless thread topic, I expect better from you, your a reg :)

If you're that worried then just get to your store early on thursday, or call them in the morning or even the day before and politely see if they would be willing to hold one for you until you are able to get there.

I wasn't really only doing this for me. I noticed the question a lot, so I decided to clear things up so people will stop asking it. I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to Costco to ask about it, see how many people they think they'll be getting, how many phones they're getting, how much it will cost without the accessories bundle, and if they'd hold one for me to get after school. If they can't hold one, then I might go ahead and see if I can grab it in the extra hour and a half I have before school starts on thursday. And if they sell out, well I can go to Amazon and see how that would work out.

The only thing that would be unfortunate for those that plan on trying to get that great Costco deal is... if they're sold out, they're sold out. There's no calling VZW and getting a phone overnighted for the same cost as the phone + accessories available at Costco.

Other than that, yeah...go to your store early on the 8th and try your best. I'm giving the VZW Sales rep (from corporate that said he'd call me directly to place an order as soon as its available to do so) until Wednesday morning otherwise i'm going to be in line on Thursday just like everyone else. I only went with a sales rep via the phone in hopes he can order and ship it so I receive it (and the Lapdock) on Thursday but if that isn't happening, i'll be bringing my chair to VZW on Thursday morning by 5am :)
Like I said...I'm going to see if they can hold me one, or try to get in there early. Got to remember, I'm still a student and I have class starting at 9 on thursday, luckily it's thursday, all other days my classes start at 8.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just make an appointment first thing when your corp store opens specifically to buy a Bionic like I did and you should be good to go. You won't have to fight for a rep like the random people walking in when you have an appointment already in the books beforehand, they are yours for the sale at the time of the appt (not to mention if they know their first appt of the day is for Bionic I think they would set one aside).

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling it won't. I haven't seen a lot of advertisement for it.
I was just in Verizon earlier this week and asked about it. They would not give me any information as to if and when it would ever be released.
So I was going to resort to getting the Thunderbolt or the Charge. At the last minute I decided to hold off. Glad I did.
Towards the end of this past week, the date of the 8th became official.
Only those of us on the forums and sites have been keeping up with it.
The average Joe has no clue it's dropping next Thursday.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just make an appointment first thing when your corp store opens specifically to buy a Bionic like I did and you should be good to go. You won't have to fight for a rep like the random people walking in when you have an appointment already in the books beforehand, they are yours for the sale at the time of the appt (not to mention if they know their first appt of the day is for Bionic I think they would set one aside).

I'm buying it at Costco...so that's no good for me! If I wanted to buy it from Verizon, I'd rather order it online. But I'm trying to save a bit of money if possible.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just in Verizon earlier this week and asked about it. They would not give me any information as to if and when it would ever be released.
So I was going to resort to getting the Thunderbolt or the Charge. At the last minute I decided to hold off. Glad I did.

There have been a bunch of runnings for the Bionic teaser commercial lately so the average "joe" has been getting something to spark their interest and start google searching what the heck a droid bionic is.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
There have been a bunch of runnings for the Bionic teaser commercial lately so the average "joe" has been getting something to spark their interest and start google searching what the heck a droid bionic is.

Yeah, this isn't a phone that's completely in the dark. I know at least one person that has no idea about anything Android and said to my friend "I heard there was this gnarly new Droid coming out (you can tell when they say Droid instead of Android), but I don't know what it is!" so my friend asks him if it was the Bionic, and he's like YES! I think I want to check one out and get it if it's any good. But with the general public...I don't think too many people that I haven't told know about it. And the people I've told won't buy it because they're stuck with their current phones lol. Anyways, I'm going to call or go to Costco sometime this week before thursday and ask about it.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

We also have to keep in mind that the average Joe has to be eligible for an upgrade.
Trying to pick this phone up full retail will be costly.
If the $100 credit for those upgrading from a regular phone can be used, then I'm sure the average Joe will be in line next week.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
We also have to keep in mind that the average Joe has to be eligible for an upgrade.
Trying to pick this phone up full retail will be costly.
If the $100 credit for those upgrading from a regular phone can be used, then I'm sure the average Joe will be in line next week.

From what I understand, no that can't be used towards the $300 purchase.
And also at Amazon: AmazonWireless: Samsung DROID CHARGE 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) they're selling the Droid Charge for $180 (upgrading on my family plan). I expect them to do something close to that at Costco and Amazon when the Bionic drops on thursday. Especially since it's $200 at Costco for an upgrade as well: DROID CHARGE by Samsung by Verizon Wireless - Mobile phone cellphone wireless phones

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think the issue will be that everyone is selling this phone not just Verizon stores. Someone at a very busy Costco near me told me they are only expecting 8-10 at launch. So no way I'm getting one I guess I'll wait for round 2 I mean I waited 8+ months fir this phone. What's another couple weeks.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue will be that everyone is selling this phone not just Verizon stores. Someone at a very busy Costco near me told me they are only expecting 8-10 at launch. So no way I'm getting one I guess I'll wait for round 2 I mean I waited 8+ months fir this phone. What's another couple weeks.

Lol there's always online orders. They won't run out because they ship it straight to you from the warehouse. Unless they literally sell every single fricken phone, which is pretty hard to do.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, no that can't be used towards the $300 purchase.
And also at Amazon: AmazonWireless: Samsung DROID CHARGE 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) they're selling the Droid Charge for $180 (upgrading on my family plan). I expect them to do something close to that at Costco and Amazon when the Bionic drops on thursday. Especially since it's $200 at Costco for an upgrade as well: DROID CHARGE by Samsung by Verizon Wireless - Mobile phone cellphone wireless phones

Well that will probably sway some to get the Charge. Wonder if the stores will push the Charge if they have a surplus of units that need to be moved.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well that will probably sway some to get the Charge. Wonder if the stores will push the Charge if they have a surplus of units that need to be moved.

It could, I expect a price drop for the Thunderbolt and Charge soon, they're showing a little age now.
But they've had this same discount on the Charge for a few months, I saw it when it first came out. So I expect to see, maybe not as large of, but a good discount on the Bionic on thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463