Less than 48 hours and.....

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
....no official word. No press conference, no release announcement and no info on VZW site.

This is becoming troubling. It's all but a certainty that it will arrive this Thursday, but why the silence? The D3 was announced a good week before it went on sale and this phone definitely trumps the D3 in hype.

What's the story here?

Markurski

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
....no official word. No press conference, no release announcement and no info on VZW site.

This is becoming troubling. It's all but a certainty that it will arrive this Thursday, but why the silence? The D3 was announced a good week before it went on sale and this phone definitely trumps the D3 in hype.

What's the story here?
I have a theory...VZW wants to keep the hype at a minimum to allow us enthusiasts the chance to be the first ones on Thursday to get one...then the onslaught advertisement barrage starts and the ones who have no clue about the phone then get in on the action. Kind of a reward for us for waiting so long??? Es Posible??

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think VZ doesn't want every user thinking that the Bionic is the best phone for the rest of the year. There is no doubt Verizon wants great holiday season sales and expects many people upgrading then. With a few very promising devices coming in the next couple months, Verizon wants people to wait to make an informative decision then.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If the phone does not come out thursday, then Verizon made a humongous mistake because they let the entire community of forum trolls, and mods, and news outlets, and everywhere, go on with this assumption that they could have easily cleared up with a simple statement.

That being said, I firmly believe the phone IS coming thursday, and couldn't care less about figuring out the logic behind VZ's current marketing campaign, or lack thereof.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a theory...VZW wants to keep the hype at a minimum to allow us enthusiasts the chance to be the first ones on Thursday to get one...then the onslaught advertisement barrage starts and the ones who have no clue about the phone then get in on the action. Kind of a reward for us for waiting so long??? Es Posible??

A month ago i would have scoffed at this idea. But I do sense this entire advert program to be more focused on the enthusiasts then any prior, with the contacting of the blogs directly, and such. I almost wonder if they want us to go get them first, like you said, then our friends see us with them, and knowing that we are more techy, think that this MUST be a really good phone. A way of subtly enticing the average joe into thinking the bionic must be great because the tech-savvy fellows got one. Like how we all take car advice from that one mechanic we know, lol.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
If the phone does not come out thursday, then Verizon made a humongous mistake because they let the entire community of forum trolls, and mods, and news outlets, and everywhere, go on with this assumption that they could have easily cleared up with a simple statement.

That being said, I firmly believe the phone IS coming thursday, and couldn't care less about figuring out the logic behind VZ's current marketing campaign, or lack thereof.

The store I was at today (brick 'n mortar, not a kiosk) said they will be selling them starting 9am on Thursday. Sounded like they are well stocked (received most stuff today and some tomorrow).

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think between all the different sales channels and verizon stores, having one on thursday should not be an issue.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
A month ago i would have scoffed at this idea. But I do sense this entire advert program to be more focused on the enthusiasts then any prior, with the contacting of the blogs directly, and such. I almost wonder if they want us to go get them first, like you said, then our friends see us with them, and knowing that we are more techy, think that this MUST be a really good phone. A way of subtly enticing the average joe into thinking the bionic must be great because the tech-savvy fellows got one. Like how we all take car advice from that one mechanic we know, lol.

I was thinking the exact same thing. i have plenty of people that are sick of me talking about the phone already, but still want one now for themselves due to me talking about it incessantly lol.

Tyyyy

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I think its genius, every second longer they take, more and more of this same thread pop up all over the internet. Though I still have a hard time figuring out what it is about the commercials with 9/8/11 at the end that just aren't solid enough for some lol.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the exact same thing. i have plenty of people that are sick of me talking about the phone already, but still want one now for themselves due to me talking about it incessantly lol.

People around me want me to get one finally so I will shut up about it already... :p

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I know I've already converted those of my friends that are into Android. I have a lot of anti-Android haters that just hate Android phones because "it is not an iPhone. Why would anyone want anything but an iPhone?" Whatever losers...I'll be surfing the web like 15X faster than you lol. And I'll have a great phone that won't crack if I drop it on the floor.