Getting my Bionic Free from Motorola

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is why I dont like them doing this. No offense man to you personally, just using your comment as an example.
I dont understand why people should get rewarded for being impatient and feeling like Moto owes them something. I've been wanting this phone just as bad as everyone, and have been waiting since January just like everyone as well. I just dont agree with them handing out free stuff to people who they upset. I definitely get it, I'm a parent and when my little girl throws a fit she gets what she wants so others dont change or create an opinion of me as a parent, but last I checked we are all adults here.

Patiently waiting for my BIONIC.... B-RAN

Its not so much just throwing a fit and being impatient. Or them handing out free stuff to people they upset.

They're handing them out to people that have been very vocal, BECAUSE they were very vocal. They are anticipating that they will then turn around and spread the news about how well Moto is treating people that waited 8 months for this. I mean, just look at this thread as an example of what it did.

I don't have a problem with it because of this entire situation. Motorola knows that they have a lot of people getting very antsy about getting this phone, and know that some people have been waiting since January for a Motorola dual-core LTE beast. I'm not surprised that Motorola is doing this, and I'm not surprised Verizon isn't. I'd wager that Moto isn't done giving away Bionics, and I'd wager Verizon is footing a large part of the bill for them.

Reactions: jroc

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
About Verizon...they have to be part of it too. Folks that get it early like this have to get it activated so they can use it.

I cant see Moto just doing this and Verizon getting surprised with these early Bionic activations.

Then look at the Droid commercials thats getting shown on TV and in the theaters. Verizon is doing their part too.;) Reps are being cryptic, acting like they dont know....yet Verizon green lighted these commercials....

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is why I dont like them doing this. No offense man to you personally, just using your comment as an example.
I dont understand why people should get rewarded for being impatient and feeling like Moto owes them something. I've been wanting this phone just as bad as everyone, and have been waiting since January just like everyone as well. I just dont agree with them handing out free stuff to people who they upset. I definitely get it, I'm a parent and when my little girl throws a fit she gets what she wants so others dont change or create an opinion of me as a parent, but last I checked we are all adults here.

Hey I feel the same way, I was sort of joking with my comment anyways.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I've been tweeting a lot to Motorola about the delays, the Photon 4G they've been giving away, etc, for a long long time. Last Friday I get a tweet from Motorola saying they're sending mine free on them! Not only me, but I've checked and apparently they're sending a few of them out. Don't know what their methodology was, but I lucked out!

Thing is, I just don't know when. :-( Hopefully darn soon!

I heard this is how they're unloading all those demo models from the CES show back in January. ;)

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
About Verizon...they have to be part of it too. Folks that get it early like this have to get it activated so they can use it.

I cant see Moto just doing this and Verizon getting surprised with these early Bionic activations.

Then look at the Droid commercials thats getting shown on TV and in the theaters. Verizon is doing their part too.;) Reps are being cryptic, acting like they dont know....yet Verizon green lighted these commercials....

I'm not sure. Verizon certainly is responsible for the commercials and scavenger hunt but bworley said he had to go to VZW to get a 4G LTE sim because it was not included.

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
*doink* :-[

Oh well, it's all good. Just saw they're giving quite a few away. So it's awesome no matter what. I just can't wait to get rid of this crappy Charge.

Wow, really? The Charge is not even 4 months old, and you call it crappy? LOL. How much do you spend on smartphones, $1,800 a year?

I am currently using one of the original Galaxy S phones, and this thing is still powerful. But, I guess it's because I don't calculate array formulas in Excel, video edit, use photoshop, or play Crysis on my smartphones. I mainly use it to surf the web, text, listen to music, tether my laptop, play angry birds, and *gasp* make phone calls.

Congrats on getting it for free; saves you $600. :)

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I feel the same. I bought a Xoom the day it was available. Not only did the value drop due to a few key features were missing but the price drops also made the value even less. Yet I still held on as a loyal customer. I tried to see the benefit of having the tablet but it gets harder every day that goes by. And while I am happy for bworley50 that he was appeased, it kind of irks me that there are others like me who are really trying to be patient just to see someone who wanted to bring lawyers into the situation get appeased. Now even though it sounds jealous, I truly am happy for both of you, it's just that I think Motorola should please everyone, not just a select few.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really? The Charge is not even 4 months old, and you call it crappy? LOL. How much do you spend on smartphones, $1,800 a year?

I am currently using one of the original Galaxy S phones, and this thing is still powerful. But, I guess it's because I don't calculate array formulas in Excel, video edit, use photoshop, or play Crysis on my smartphones. I mainly use it to surf the web, text, listen to music, tether my laptop, play angry birds, and *gasp* make phone calls.

Have you used the Charge? Its nowhere near as good as the original Galaxy S phones. (I've used both) It's so loaded with crap that it stutters like a drunken sailor.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. Verizon certainly is responsible for the commercials and scavenger hunt but bworley said he had to go to VZW to get a 4G LTE sim because it was not included.

The sims are NEVER included. Ever. Verizon holds on to them for dear life. They never come in the box and are always inventoried separately from the phone.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey I feel the same way, I was sort of joking with my comment anyways.

I hear ya man. Sorry to go off on a rant. I just feel like people always feel like they are entitled and that is what has gotten our country into the mess we're in. I watched twitter and facebook daily but didnt hound moto because i want a QUALITY product and not something rushed to the market...hhuuummm thunderbolt. ;-) I trust that moto know what they are doing. Im a stock holder for cryin out loud! Haha.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya man. Sorry to go off on a rant. I just feel like people always feel like they are entitled and that is what has gotten our country into the mess we're in. I watched twitter and facebook daily but didnt hound moto because i want a QUALITY product and not something rushed to the market...hhuuummm thunderbolt. ;-) I trust that moto know what they are doing. Im a stock holder for cryin out loud! Haha.

Ditto, sorry for the hijack. Except for the rushed comment. But that's another forum. ;P

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Touched a nerve, huh? lol

With the Galaxy S 1 you might can play Crysis on it if you mod it enough....

Without him saying why he thinks its crappy.....it very well could be crappy to him. I hear the same things said about Moto phones. All I know is I havent had any major problems with them, I can overlook the cons so I chalk it up to everyones experience is different.

Lets not forget the techy side of the Charge and the Galaxy S 1....that without the voodoo lagfix and voodoo color fix...they could very well be crappy to some ppl. And then you have the GPS.....

Without him saying why it sucks....he could have very valid reasons....

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you used the Charge? Its nowhere near as good as the original Galaxy S phones. (I've used both) It's so loaded with crap that it stutters like a drunken sailor.

No, I haven't. But, I find it implausible for a phone with superior specifications to be slower than the Fascinate which is made by the same manufacturer for the same carrier. Are you sure you weren't streaming a V-Cast video on the Charge? Logically, it does not make sense. Even if the Charge has more bloatware, I highly doubt it would make any significant impact on the phones performance (unless you, of course, open and run the bloatware).

Regardless, one thing I know for sure. With rooting and flashing custom ROMs, the Charge is a faster phone than the Fascinate. I could understand if someone said the original iPhone was crappy. But, IMO, neither the Charge nor Fascinate are "crappy".

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Touched a nerve, huh? lol

With the Galaxy S 1 you might can play Crysis on it if you mod it enough....

Without him saying why he thinks its crappy.....it very well could be crappy to him. I hear the same things said about Moto phones. All I know is I havent had any major problems with them, I can overlook the cons so I chalk it up to everyones experience is different.

Lets not forget the techy side of the Charge and the Galaxy S 1....that without the voodoo lagfix and voodoo color fix...they could very well be crappy to some ppl. And then you have the GPS.....

Without him saying why it sucks....he could have very valid reasons....

Yes, it did. I own majority stock in Samsung, and any trash-talk about my products is unacceptable. LOL. Come on, now. Someone calling a 4 month old phone "crappy" is ridiculous when he probably doesn't even use 50% of the power of the phone.

I agree with you, that everyone's experience is different. But, when it comes to tech, I usually sway to the "user-error" side rather than the "crappy-product" side. Especially, when we are talking about the well-reviewed Droid Charge.

ajkid93

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I am pretty sure they wouldn't be doing that, because the current one and the original one that was supposed to be released are about as different as they come (part wise). They fixed their qhd technology for the new one, changed the cpu that is being used (old=nvidia tegra 2 250 new=ti omap 4430 which is better), they added an additional 512mb of ram (making it an even 1024mb of ram), they changed it to ddr2 ram aswell. They have added the motos atrix laptop dock support and changed the whole case. I believe they added the radio reciever, but it may have been on the old one. Oh and one more thing, they removed moto blur!!!! However it is still the same gui, but no moto blur, at least from what I have heard.

I could be wrong. So don't take this as a guaranteed.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure they wouldn't be doing that, because the current one and the original one that was supposed to be released are about as different as they come (part wise). They fixed their qhd technology for the new one, changed the cpu that is being used (old=nvidia tegra 2 250 new=ti omap 4430 which is better), they added an additional 512mb of ram (making it an even 1024mb of ram), they changed it to ddr2 ram aswell. They have added the motos atrix laptop dock support and changed the whole case. I believe they added the radio reciever, but it may have been on the old one. Oh and one more thing, they removed moto blur!!!! However it is still the same gui, but no moto blur, at least from what I have heard.

I could be wrong. So don't take this as a guaranteed.

It's still blur. Just a different style of blur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz