Getting my Bionic Free from Motorola

Jumpie

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've been tweeting a lot to Motorola about the delays, the Photon 4G they've been giving away, etc, for a long long time. Last Friday I get a tweet from Motorola saying they're sending mine free on them! Not only me, but I've checked and apparently they're sending a few of them out. Don't know what their methodology was, but I lucked out!

Thing is, I just don't know when. :-( Hopefully darn soon!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Someone tweeted to me that they were going to make me president of Verizon. The next day I found a bag of money and Pamela Anderson poked me on facebook. Wait you guys don't need proof of this stuff do you?

(i jk for fun, not trying to be mean :) )

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow I've been posting lots of crap about them on their Facebook page lol. Telling them that I don't like the way they've been handling the release of this phone. Have fun dude!

Jumpie

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Of course, the obligatory.....show us or it didn't happen :cool:

You can always check out @Motorola and follow them and see their tweets

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

1. We can all go on there and see all their tweets anyways...

2. ... Just did that and see that they've apparently been giving away a bunch of these things to everyone who's pestered them over the last few days?!?! What the F... So uncool (for me)....

Congrats to you though, OP

xTommyx

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

There's really no point of blanking out your name because anyone can go to Motorola's twitter and find that specific tweet based on the date/time.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
1. We can all go on there and see all their tweets anyways...

2. ... Just did that and see that they've apparently been giving away a bunch of these things to everyone who's pestered them over the last few days?!?! What the F... So uncool (for me)....

Congrats to you though, OP

Looks less like it was to people who bothered them and more like it was a little Twitter contest. All I saw were monotonous mentions of a speed hour and wanting to win a Bionic.

Jumpie

May 28, 2011
Visit site
There's really no point of blanking out your name because anyone can go to Motorola's twitter and find that specific tweet based on the date/time.
*doink* :-[

Oh well, it's all good. Just saw they're giving quite a few away. So it's awesome no matter what. I just can't wait to get rid of this crappy Charge.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks less like it was to people who bothered them and more like it was a little Twitter contest. All I saw were monotonous mentions of a speed hour and wanting to win a Bionic.

I don't think it was a contest.. looked like some people who asked about it a bunch and kept retweeting moto's bionic-related tweets got told they'd be getting one free... Unless I missed something. I could have, Idk I'm not looking at it anymore, just making me jealous, lol. Congrats to whoever gets/got a free one tho.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it was a contest.. looked like some people who asked about it a bunch and kept retweeting moto's bionic-related tweets got told they'd be getting one free... Unless I missed something. I could have, Idk I'm not looking at it anymore, just making me jealous, lol. Congrats to whoever gets/got a free one tho.

Maybe. I just went through a couple of the posters and didn't really see much about Motorola. Can't say for sure cause I didn't look at everyone or all their posts. Indeed, good luck for the ones who got one though.

DF400ex

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think it's great that Moto is giving some of these away for free. Not because some enthusiasts are getting them for free, which shows care for the individual. More importantly, it shows to the whole community that they care what we have to say and appreciate our feedback.

In a world where most manufacturers twitter feeds have turned into a glorified help desk probably manned by a service tech, it's refreshing to see that Moto is actually looking for input from the community. Lets be honest, we would have some of the best input anyways. Not sure how many emails/letters they received before giving away bionics, but I'm sure they will get more now.

I for one am going to send one in tomorrow that I have been thinking about for a few months now... not because they are giving Bionics away, rather, because them giving Bionics away proves that my suggestions may not fall on def ears.

As a Cyber Security Engineer strong customer service and support are crucial in choosing a manufacturer/vendors product. +1 to Moto

Reactions: jroc

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Damn I wish I would have pestered Moto on Twitter more...well congrats to the OP for getting a free Bionic. I'll be paying full retail for mine on Thursday :-$

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I think it's great that Moto is giving some of these away for free. Not because some enthusiasts are getting them for free, which shows care for the individual. More importantly, it shows to the whole community that they care what we have to say and appreciate our feedback.

In a world where most manufacturers twitter feeds have turned into a glorified help desk probably manned by a service tech, it's refreshing to see that Moto is actually looking for input from the community. Lets be honest, we would have some of the best input anyways. Not sure how many emails/letters they received before giving away bionics, but I'm sure they will get more now.

I for one am going to send one in tomorrow that I have been thinking about for a few months now... not because they are giving Bionics away, rather, because them giving Bionics away proves that my suggestions may not fall on def ears.

As a Cyber Security Engineer strong customer service and support are crucial in choosing a manufacturer/vendors product. +1 to Moto

Agree 100%. Moto, HTC, Samsung, Sony all have shown us they are actually doing some listening lately in Android land. It might not happen quick enough for some ppl, but for it to happen at all is nice.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Damn I wish I would have pestered Moto on Twitter more...well congrats to the OP for getting a free Bionic. I'll be paying full retail for mine on Thursday :-$

This is why I dont like them doing this. No offense man to you personally, just using your comment as an example.
I dont understand why people should get rewarded for being impatient and feeling like Moto owes them something. I've been wanting this phone just as bad as everyone, and have been waiting since January just like everyone as well. I just dont agree with them handing out free stuff to people who they upset. I definitely get it, I'm a parent and when my little girl throws a fit she gets what she wants so others dont change or create an opinion of me as a parent, but last I checked we are all adults here.

Patiently waiting for my BIONIC.... B-RAN

Reactions: 916ninja

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke