And the mystery continues...

pittbulldogva

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I called my local Verizon store this evening and told the helpful young lady that answered that I was planning on coming in on Thursday to purchase the Bionic. I asked her if she thought they had enough for me to wait until mid morning (hoping that she would offer to set an appointment for me). She said she didn't even know when it was coming out, or how many phones they will receive when it does. So, I told her that according the their own advertising, it would be coming out Thursday. She repeated that they don't know how many phones they will get. I said, "You haven't even gotten any yet?". To which she replied, "Our stock can't be discussed." Really??? Why the mystery. This is getting really old.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It's just getting old now. Seriously, it's not like we don't know what it is and when you should have it. I bet if you ask her thursday morning she'll deny that she ever denied it.

Reactions: Bearly

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I went to the VZW store near me. One of the reps came up to me and asked if I needed anything. I told her I was waiting for the bionic. I was going to just ask if they had them in stock for thursday so I can plan my morning. Before I could ask she started telling me that she knows its coming out Thursday but she's not sure if that store would have them thursday or friday. She was at least trying to be helpful but she just didn't know. She then turns to one of her coworkers and asks if he knows if they will have them in on thursday. he says "I don't know" So she tells me to call back thursday and see if they have them.
So I'm on my way out of the store and I hear her coworker say to her "we have them in and they'll be available on thursday" this after he just said he didn't know. I almost turned back around to confront him but I figured it would be a waste of time. I was tempted to call their customer service line to complain about him. I still might. But this whole thing is just ridiculous.
So now I have to go to the store 20 minutes from me instead of the one 3 minutes from me because I refuse to deal with ignorance and liars

Xenithma

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Guy I talked to today at my local store gave me the cold shoulder. "As of today... yes." Like he was asked it a million times. Sheesh buddy, do your job. Going to take the extra drive out myself to the store with a better customer service reputation. Plus, it opens an hour earlier :).

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Guy I talked to today at my local store gave me the cold shoulder. "As of today... yes." Like he was asked it a million times. Sheesh buddy, do your job. Going to take the extra drive out myself to the store with a better customer service reputation. Plus, it opens an hour earlier :).

I bet it has more to do with the opening an hour earlier.. haha :p

Xenithma

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe... but no they do have a better rep.

Probably have better luck with them on a second issue I have anyway. VZW sent me a loyalty card back in June for $30 off a phone. Bet you can't guess what phone I wanted to use it on. So I sent them an email asking if it was possible to extend it past the June expiration date, got a call back saying that "she'd be happy to issue me the $30 credit once my phone was upgraded."

Just going to see if the guys at the store will credit me without having to call the rep back.

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
just spoke to a VZW sales rep at my local store and he put on hold a car dock and a bionic on hold for me. He said Costco's deal will be third party accessories and can't guarantee the quality of them. So I'll swing by Costco, check if in stop and if they got the bundle. I'm glad I just locked my plan b. Now I can rest.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Maybe... but no they do have a better rep.

Probably have better luck with them on a second issue I have anyway. VZW sent me a loyalty card back in June for $30 off a phone. Bet you can't guess what phone I wanted to use it on. So I sent them an email asking if it was possible to extend it past the June expiration date, got a call back saying that "she'd be happy to issue me the $30 credit once my phone was upgraded."

Just going to see if the guys at the store will credit me without having to call the rep back.

I'm sure they'd be able to honor it. Just tell them its not your fault they didn't release the Bionic on schedule (heh - i realize this is the '2nd' bionic... but they may not) and you were holding out for it.

Brian

jph1990

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I went Saturday morning at open to my local store. The guy there told me they had just got out of a meeting regarding the Bionic. He told me they were taking names so they could hold the phones to the side for Thursday morning's launch to help people get in and out quickly. He also said if they happened to do preorders (at which he did not know if they were at the time) he would call me.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I called mine on Monday and they took my name and number and told me to call back Tues or Wed for an update. HE CALLED ME today and set me up for Thursday morning at 9:30 AM to pickup my new phone...it does make you wonder why some stores are nice and others are jerks???

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they'd be able to honor it. Just tell them its not your fault they didn't release the Bionic on schedule (heh - i realize this is the '2nd' bionic... but they may not) and you were holding out for it.

Brian

I can guarantee 99% of them don't know this is the "2nd" Bionic. They probably think "Etna" is an iPhone app

Reactions: oxymoron

Xenithma

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hm, starting to wonder if I should call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment or if I'll be good just parking my car outside at 8:40am. Haha.

I still have the voice mail and email confirming that the rep from the help desk or what ever it's called will do it for me. :D If they do honor it though you can't beat a $60 price reduction :).

dbbude

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I called mine on Monday and they took my name and number and told me to call back Tues or Wed for an update. HE CALLED ME today and set me up for Thursday morning at 9:30 AM to pickup my new phone...it does make you wonder why some stores are nice and others are jerks???

Great question! I guess some people are better at sales than others. Not sure if they get commission or not. If they do, I figure they would be dropping hints/taking reservations, etc.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Great question! I guess some people are better at sales than others. Not sure if they get commission or not. If they do, I figure they would be dropping hints/taking reservations, etc.

I know if I see the lady I talked to today at the store on Thursday i'm going to specifically talk to her. She didn't give me 'much' but she came right up to me and was open enough, had a smile on her face, and was very customer service oriented. If I don't see her, i'm going to announce that if anyone gets a commission to ask nicely as i'll probably drop no less than $800 in less than 4 minutes of their time.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I know my guy must be getting commission, because he wanted me to come while he was there to wait on me!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Guess I need to call Costco tomorrow and confirm they are getting it...it's just a hassle to call them, I have to call the main desk and then they transfer me to them...I just didn't feel like it today since I know tomorrow they'd probably give me more info. Plus...I can always order on Amazon or something right? lol.

Nuar

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to a verizon store in a local Mall and there was some old fart working there that tried to make himself sound important. I asked him if he heard anything about the bionic and if he knew when its coming out.
"Yes I have heard about it, but I can't tell you when its coming out"
What the...? seriously? thats ridiculous.
To which he responded "I'm sorry I cant disclose that information"

wow...

I went to a regular (non mall) verizon store about an hour later and as soon as I walked in though the door, I was greeted by a younger woman, she asked how she could help me, I asked about the bionic and she told me that it indeed is coming out on thursday, that they will have quite a few of them and all the accessories, including screen protectors and that there were around 20 people there in that store already that day asking about the phone lol!

So long story short, there are some stuck up sales people out there and then there are some really cool knowledgeable sales people that will answer your question when its obvious the secrecy is completely and utterly stupid and pointless at this point.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I went to a verizon store in a local Mall and there was some old fart working there that tried to make himself sound important. I asked him if he heard anything about the bionic and if he knew when its coming out.
"Yes I have heard about it, but I can't tell you when its coming out"
What the...? seriously? thats ridiculous.
To which he responded "I'm sorry I cant disclose that information"

wow...

I went to a regular (non mall) verizon store about an hour later and as soon as I walked in though the door, I was greeted by a younger woman, she asked how she could help me, I asked about the bionic and she told me that it indeed is coming out on thursday, that they will have quite a few of them and all the accessories, including screen protectors and that there were around 20 people there in that store already that day asking about the phone lol!

So long story short, there are some stuck up sales people out there and then there are some really cool knowledgeable sales people that will answer your question when its obvious the secrecy is completely and utterly stupid and pointless at this point.

But this may be due to vendor issues. We have to remember not all vzw stores and kiosks are corporate stores. I know strange right? But in my town there is a verizon retail store that is not a corporate store. Sometimes an easy way to spot them is the lack of working display phones. The display phones are kind of expensive despite the fact that it's just a casing with a picture for a screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I just lucked out being friends outside of verizon with a guy who works for verizon (if you don't get it, I knew him before he started working there) so have had the inside connection and he actually set me up with the first appointment and basically one of each accessory so I could get first dibs on phone and any accessory I want. will probably be first in south dakota since I will be at store 2 hours prior to open (he suggests just incase they open before normal hours which he thinks they might)

Nuar

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
But this may be due to vendor issues. We have to remember not all vzw stores and kiosks are corporate stores. I know strange right? But in my town there is a verizon retail store that is not a corporate store. Sometimes an easy way to spot them is the lack of working display phones. The display phones are kind of expensive despite the fact that it's just a casing with a picture for a screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That may be the case, but don't you think since there is a big red V on the outside of the store, they should be a little more informed in the business they're dealing in?

To me its like bringing a ford to a privately owned shop for something simple like an oil change and them not doing it since they're not a genuine ford dealer.