swap my phone maybe?

naa904

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So i have major issues on my thunderbolt with many tickets on my account. You think after so many issues they would offer me a swap to the bionic? do i have any hope? my phone lasts about 4-5 hours a day and is burning in my pocket while im at work. ridiculous and ive swapped batteries phones sim cards all that stuff. and yes im rooted.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it but all you can do is call customer service. If you try 10 times you might get 10 different answers one of which could get you a Bionic. Just never know.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If you cause a big enough stink after tomorrow I'd be willing to bet they will let you get a different type of phone. They might charge you a decent amount for it, but normally people who complain (even unreasonably) get there way if they perservere at it long enough.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't straight up ask them to swap for th Bionic. They would probably think you are only trying to get the newest phone out there.

How many replacements on your current phone have you received?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And, you better get back to stock or they will likely claim you voided the warranty and blame it on you for rooting.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't straight up ask them to swap for th Bionic. They would probably think you are only trying to get the newest phone out there.

How many replacements on your current phone have you received?

And, you better get back to stock or they will likely claim you voided the warranty and blame it on you for rooting.

Agree on both accounts. Go to stock Android.

And when you complain don't bring up any phones. Do it in a polite way and mention that you've had multiple problems with the TB and that you're wondering if it's problems that other phones experience too. I'd wait until tomorrow or Friday (probably Friday since it doesn't look as bad). Key thing is to not ask for it but explain all the difficulties that have been unique to this specific handset, at least, IMO this is what works.

I've never done it at Verizon but have done it (once) with another device I was having serious issues with (and it was a known manufacturing problem). Not one to abuse the system, but in that case they were willing to swap it out for a like-device without any additional charge.

Be polite and don't get upset, IMO it works out best that way in most cases. It's not the employee's fault your handset sucks. :)

naa904

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the tips yea ill definitely return it to stock... i never get heated with customer service but iv'e swapped 3-4 times along with battery changes and sim card. i'll prob beat around the bush and give it a try next week but definetly imply i want to switch phones. not much use of a phone if i cant even use it most of the day or have it heat my pockets up.