The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Me too. What an amazing "little" phone. Compared to my OG Droid, this thing is remarkable.

Oh WOW you really did to a jump ... glad you're liking it, the original Droid is still a great phone even two years later even though it is sowing it's age but this phone is amazing :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh WOW you really did to a jump ... glad you're liking it, the original Droid is still a great phone even two years later even though it is sowing it's age but this phone is amazing :)

Yea, it's an incredible phone. Battery life for me has been quite good. Really couldn't ask for a better phone upgrade.

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm a little late; Just got mine 9 / 25
My 2 week vacation to the boonies flew out the morning of the 7th

On the plus side, I get to see everybody else's hints & tips about this beastie.

Damn, now I gotta play catchup to everyone else.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Question: I am still having a lot of 3G to 4G handoff issue's with my phone, it looses signal completely and I have to power off then back on to correct the issue. Going into Airplane mode 9 times out of 10 doesn't work. I also have a few other issues that are bothering me.

So my questions is I am past the 14 day return policy but would they exchange my phone for another Bionic due to the network hand off issues I have been fighting for 3 weeks now?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Question: I am still having a lot of 3G to 4G handoff issue's with my phone, it looses signal completely and I have to power off then back on to correct the issue. Going into Airplane mode 9 times out of 10 doesn't work. I also have a few other issues that are bothering me.

So my questions is I am past the 14 day return policy but would they exchange my phone for another Bionic due to the network hand off issues I have been fighting for 3 weeks now?

i wouldn't hesitate and just go in to the VZW Store and complain... Should of been done 2-3 after you noticed the prob-

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Anything is possible but odds are you will get a refurb. You should not have waited this long to complain.:(

pengler

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my bionic 2 days ago, loving it so far, only prob is connectivity prod which dros data, have to fix with airplane mode toggle, I can live with that until they fix it, otherwise it is the best phone I have ever own, came from a blackberry curve, will be going to get my wife one on wed. She fell in love with mine in the last few days:D

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I got mine this past weekend, coming from an OG Droid (Running CyanogenMod 7RC1) and wow, what an improvement.

I'm still sometimes stunned - just stunned at how FAST this phone is. When I tap an icon it just... does it. There is no loading, no waiting, no time while the phone thinks about what it needs to do. It's just BAM, there you go, your app is open.

I'm loving it, and my wife is now thinking she wants to upgrade to it as well.

I'm still messing with the battery but so far it's no worse than I was getting with my Droid unless I do something like watch two hours of football on the NFL Mobile app over 4G :D

I personally love the screen. I don't find the pentile nature a problem at all. It's clean, crisp, and super easy to see even in noonday, California sun with the brightness setting low. I don't have to move around until my shadow is on the screen like I did with my old Droid.

Love it!

cobb_cruiser

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Bionic now for 2.5 weeks. I love it. The only thing that I liked better on the Charge was the UI - where you could pull down on the status bar and control many features from there, can't seem to do that with the Bionic even with the different apps I've downloaded, at least not easily.

I don't get all the complaints about a grainy or cross-hatched screen. It is cross hatched when you wake it up and the unlock screen comes up, but that's by design. Once the Bionic is up the screen is fabulous. Like others said, very "real" looking colors and I can easily see it even outdoors in the bright noon-day sun.

If you're on the fence, and you need just one more push, I say GO BUY IT. You can at least try it for 14 days and return it if not satisfied. Like others have said, it is super fast: both the processor so apps open quickly, and with 4G/LTE which screams! And the wireless functionality works great from home. This rivals the speed on my laptop. Anyways, just one more satisfied customer...:)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Bionic now for 2.5 weeks. I love it. The only thing that I liked better on the Charge was the UI - where you could pull down on the status bar and control many features from there, can't seem to do that with the Bionic even with the different apps I've downloaded, at least not easily.

You'll need to switch to a different launcher if you want it int he app drawer like that. I am not aware of any free ones that offer it. Alternatively if you are into rooting it is my understanding the Cyanogen Mod has something like that in it.

Alternatively you can just add the Power Manager widget (already on your phone) to your home screen and control most of the same things.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I caved and bought a Bionic today. Its a birthday present. It is fast. My son got a D3. I put Go Launcher on it but can't find how to change the # of screens? may go back to LP... Still playing around with it...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I caved and bought a Bionic today. Its a birthday present. It is fast. My son got a D3. I put Go Launcher on it but can't find how to change the # of screens? may go back to LP... Still playing around with it...

I'm running Launcher Pro with some Sense widgets and boy is this thing fast :)

Menu > Preferences > Homescreen Settings

It's at the top. Not sure but it is possible this is a feature you have to have the paid version for.

In addition to the number of home screens I also changed it to 5 rows of icons on each screen because there seemed to be so much wasted space especially between widgets.

DFurtman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Girlfriend texted me the other day while I was a work saying she needed a smartphone and was due for an upgrade.. I told her I'd trade her my HTC Incredible for her discount.. She said sure and would cover half of the upgrade I chose.. We went to the local Verizon kiosk and I picked out a bionic and the GF had her new (to her) incredible activated.

-Damien