Switching from a basic phone to the Bionic

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Chocolate right now. It's awful, so I want a Bionic lol. So is there any way I can transfer all my contacts (that's all that's on there) to my Bionic when I get it? I know about the Verizon thing, but I don't want to pay for their crap. It does have SD Card in it, I'm wondering if the contacts are compatible with the Bionic? I'm sure I can transfer any (awful) pictures and videos I have on my Chocolate to the Bionic no problem. I'm sure I can't transfer my calendar (I only have like 3 events anyways lol), but that's no big deal. Can I just transfer the contacts to my SD card and load them onto the phone? I just found the option to do so deep in my memory settings lol.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Chocolate right now. It's awful, so I want a Bionic lol. So is there any way I can transfer all my contacts (that's all that's on there) to my Bionic when I get it? I know about the Verizon thing, but I don't want to pay for their crap. It does have SD Card in it, I'm wondering if the contacts are compatible with the Bionic? I'm sure I can transfer any (awful) pictures and videos I have on my Chocolate to the Bionic no problem. I'm sure I can't transfer my calendar (I only have like 3 events anyways lol), but that's no big deal. Can I just transfer the contacts to my SD card and load them onto the phone? I just found the option to do so deep in my memory settings lol.

pretty sure backup assistant is free as long as you have an online login on vzw.com

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
also if you can export your contacts to your SD card, you might be able to get it in csv format which you can then import into google contacts. when you sync your google account, they should all be on the phone then

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's Backup Assistant works great. Its free. I did it for my sister and it took maybe 5 minutes to do it.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
But you have to pay for the Verizon back up thing, I'm pretty sure. And the data is blocked on my phone so I can't download it anyways. That is...until I buy the Bionic and add data. I have to pay for the data then though.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Contacts should be able to be exported and saved to the SD card in vcf format or something. Then on your bionic you can do Import Contacts and choose that file. Once you get the Bionic, though, I recommend making all of your contacts Google contacts.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Contacts should be able to be exported and saved to the SD card in vcf format or something. Then on your bionic you can do Import Contacts and choose that file. Once you get the Bionic, though, I recommend making all of your contacts Google contacts.

Of course I'll make them all Google contacts, I love the way they have that set up.

And I'll look into that contact transfer that was posted as well...might work just as well..